/nba/ general - THROWBACK edition

CLE: Report: BOS-CLE talking Irving-Thomas swap
NBA: Report: Josh Smith eyeing return to Rockets
OKC: Pacers file tampering charges against Lakers
LAC: Clippers and Marshall Plumlee agree to deal
MIL: Antetokounmpo (knee) to miss Eurobasket
DAL: Jeff Withey gets one-year deal with Mavs
NY: Report: Cavs targeting Kristaps Porzingis
SAC: Zach Randolph could be banned from NBA?
DET: Van Gundy determined to give Boban more time
NY: Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Melo talks
OKC: Patrick Patterson undergoes knee surgery
SA: Tony Parker says he'll be back in 4-5 months

Other urls found in this thread:

nbamath.com/tpa-database/nba-2016-17-tpa-scores/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hawks, motherfuckers

>Antetokounmpo (((knee)))
lmao sure, he doesnt want to waste time on that mickey mouse cup

Just failed my driving test. Who the fuck needs 3 whole fucking seconds at a stop sign? Fucking bitch it takes 1 second to look left and right that's it what the fuck bitch

If Boston gets Kyrie I'll seriously consider them to be the best team in the East..........after LeBron leaves next year for San Antonio.

Pretty sure Scottie Pippen is the best perimeter defender of all time? That sounds right?

Also, thinking about this made me remember Alvin Robertson, who has to have one of the weirdest careers and post-careers for any NBA player. Just... a weird dude with a weird NBA game.

...How? Isaiah Thomas was better than Irving this season.

Does Kyrie actually make the Celtics better?

I guess there's less defensive issues, injury concerns, and contract concerns but it doesn't seem like it would. You're just exchanging one all-world scoring point guard with defensive issues for another.

>way younger
>not even in his damn prime and already the third best PG in the East and top 7 overall
>IT is 30 and just had the season of his life, without a doubt downhill from here
>Kyrie is taller and a god tier finisher as well

I'd be pissed if I were Isiah Thomas. This clearly means Boston doesn't have much faith in him

because hes not a manlet that will get absolutely exposed every single post season

Short answer: no, not really. But I think Kyrie would be a better player.

Isaiah Thomas is also an elite finisher

Kyrie has the same flaws as Thomas although admittedly when Kyrie tries he is better on D

Guy's asking for the max at 30 and you're wondering why they don't want him anymore?

This is a great move by Ainge, and we all know Ainge is the most unloyal GM in the league and will trade your ass without question, even if you're Paul Pierce.

>Why the Fuck are there 2 Memphis teams
Yeah, I totally understand 12–13, but why 05–06?

>Why not the 13 Knicks ?
11–12 was Linsanity. Don't worry, I had to look it up, too.

>Isn't it too early to have 16 Warriors as a Classic team ?
:^)

Oh I wasn't wondering why they don't want him, I wouldn't give IT the mad either, I'm just saying for him to have a career season last year and be in trade talks right now I'd be pissed if I was him.

Niggas thinkin short term about this IT-Kyrie swap. Celtics know they don't wanna pay a 31 year old manlet a max deal next year. They would much rather use a max on a 25 year old.

I get why they would want to trade IT but it just feels weird to replace him with Kyrie, especially if you're giving up assets to make the switch.

Especially since they could have just drafted Fultz, let Isaiah play out the year, replaced him with Fultz, and had more cap space to play with.

>CAVS IN TRADE TALKS WITH CELTICS, IT FOR KYRIE! AHAHHAH

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn 57s58 seconds ago
More
Sources: Boston, Cleveland nearing deal on Kyrie Irving, but details still working to completion. Isaiah Thomas, Crowder, pick(s) in talks.

Holy motherfuck

Noooooo

Am I the only person who thinks that IT4 will shit the bed and the Celtics will fleece the Cavs in this trade?

Random fact :
In the 1987 season, Rodney McCray led the Houston Rockets in minutes per game.

Holy shit they're giving up Crowder?! What the fuck! They're giving up Crowder PLUS Isaiah PLUS at least one pick?!

that is a really good return for Cleveland to get for Kyrie and I really hate it for Boston. Giving up Crowder is huge to me.

>Thomas
>next to Lebron

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

According to TPA, Kyrie was a better defender than IT by 60 points saved on defense.

nbamath.com/tpa-database/nba-2016-17-tpa-scores/

But he didn't score as many points, of course playing with LeBron and having his usage lowered, this makes since.

But Kyrie has proven in the past he's just as good a scorer when his usage is higher. Put him on last year's Celtics team and the same thing would happen, especially playing with Bradley and Smart, having him hidden on defense.

Now add him to next year's Boston team with Hayward and it's hard to tell what his usage will be, but Kyrie is already more experienced with playing off ball and sharing on a team with multiple stars. Plus Hayward isn't LeBron and has a much lower usage and doesn't have the ball in his hands nearly as much.

Then when you just think of Kyrie's age to IT's it's a no brainer this is an amazing idea of a trade.

Anyone saying memes like >hurr IT is better >hurr defense >hurr it changes nothing are mentally retarded.

Also IT was literally the worst defender in the league last year and allowed them most amount of points scored on by a single player last year.

This makes the Cavs so much better against the Warriors if true

WOW

Describe your worst injury

Mine was that May when I went up for a lay up and go down like this in my left ankle ..........
It's been 3 months and It still hurts me

Nope, because we all saw it happen a few months ago. At this point, there must be something in the water in Cleveland.

Trading Kyrie for Thomas would be nice for both sides IF the Cavs get significant other assets out of the trade. Celtics can't really build a legit contender around Thomas. Cavs can happily be mediocre led by Thomas for a while as they rebuild

Where did it go so fucking wrong for the Cavs

They were this close to getting Paul George. Fuck man.

Irving might not want to play off the ball in Boston, since part of his whole reason for requesting a trade is that he wants to be The Man

Also, Boston already lost Bradley and if they lose Crowder as well that's basically their 2 best perimeter defenders gone

DO IT AINGE

PULL THE TRIGGER YOU FUCK BEFORE YOU GIVE A MANLET A MAX CONTRACT

I really hope I never have a serious injury playing basketball. It scares me

It's gonna happen

>Irving might not want to play off the ball in Boston, since part of his whole reason for requesting a trade is that he wants to be The Man

This is total BS that's been proven false already as you're selectively ignoring the fact he wants to play on the Spurs as his #1 priority and contend.

Cavs went all-in on winning when LeBron returned which fucked their future. They got a chip so it worked out.

Now it's just a matter of managing the decline.

Actually, I just saw . Guess that FC smartened up.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn 54s55 seconds ago
More
Boston center Ante Zizic also expected to be part of a potential Cleveland deal for Kyrie Irving, league sources tell ESPN.

>Bawston chowdaheads talking shit about their manlet now that they can get Kyrie

lmao didn't you stupid fucks defend him every time someone said anything about how shit he is? hahahaha

But Irving would be The Man on the Spurs. That's an anomalous situation due to the fact that Kawhi is basically one of the only superstars in history who has no interest whatsoever in being The Man.

August 22, 2017
Journal Entry 34,847

What have we done wrong? Is it the team? The city? Kyrie will have something he's never had before. It's not too late. There is still time

>tfw i've been posting about derrick rose to the cavs and IT for Kyrie
/nba/ never believed me lmao y'all some dumbfucks call me hinks 2.0

*FO

Cavs Celtics is the season opener

Thank you based Silver

Kawhi is literally the man and you're an idiot. I'm done talking to you. You played yourself.

FUCK this trade makes Cleveland so much better. Fuck fuck fuck.

There's no way that they're going to go for a 1 to 1 trade, will they?

I'm still not sold by the Celtics moves. Given the Nets trade, they were in the position to become great and they're nowhere near

I'd say it makes them like 5% better

Is Zizik actually any good (i.e. NBA-calibre)?

>babbys first injury
Try torn ACL/meniscus

Also better start squatting if you want to do your best to prevent more injuries.

>Kyrie
>Hayward
Who the fuck can stop us!

Judging from summer league, no

Boban would eat him alive

Kawhi is on some Buddhist enlightened Zen shit. He is The Man but also is not The Man. Being and non-being as one, you know what I mean? The way that can be defined cannot be the true way and the name that can be named cannot be the eternal name. Kawhi truly understands the emptiness of all forms and this allows him to coexist peacefully with any other player.

>isaiah thomas lobbies for gordon hayward to come to boston
>gets traded for kyrie after hayward comes
is ainge a snake?

Ainge has 0 fucking loyalty god damn he just kicked that manlet in the face.

Pics or it didnt happen

IT is 28

Having Crowder in particular makes them a lot better. IT can replace most of Kyrie's offensive value, and Crowder provides a legitimate, consistent, excellent wing defender which is something that the Cavs have totally lacked (outside of LBJ who obviously has other things on his plate) and he can also do enough on offense that you can't just leave him wide open. When you compare it to where the Cavs were running out lineups with Richard Jefferson against the Warriors because he was one of their best wing defenders, that makes a huge difference IMO.

It's also a great move for them long term if they get picks and Zizic but that matters less to me.

Remember when the manlet was recruiting free agents on twitter for Boston?

lmao I bet the loser even looked forward to playing with Hayward! hahahaha

Jae Crowder is overrated as fucking shit man. Don't buy into the hype on him.

Crowder is the reason I'd say the Cavs would be better. The Kyrie/IT swap is a small loss for Cleveland.

Isaiah Thomas would not be able to score on the Warriors like Kyrie could.

Cavs might be adding Thomas to the 22nd ranked defense in the league last year. They also added Jose Calderon, rose and Jeff Green. Durant and curry might average 40 in the finals

Check out every Boston vs Warriors game in the last two years and say that again chump.

Everything is going to start happening now, Melo trade tomorrow

Kyrie lines up better with Celtic's window than the Cavs', which will be in 2-3 years time.

Cavs reload for one final run, get a ticket selling sideshow when they overpay IT when LeBron leaves and get extra picks for down the road.

>IT/Crowder/Zizic combination would save the Cavaliers $19M in taxes. Tax bill goes from $78.4M to $59.2M.

If Dan Gilbert has some power on the trade yall Cavs fans shouldn't be surprised if yall end up trading Kyrie for Kelly Olynyk and a 2nd rounder

Danny what are you DOING!??

What's the fucking point of trading away IT/Jae/and most importantly PICKS when we have 0.00% chance of beating Golden State for the next 5 years?

What the fuck. You're supposed to stick with IT until he walks or you give him a short term extension, and allow the young kids to develop.

You fucking SNAKE danny.

I can't believe this.

The one player who never got the credit he deserved, the praise he deserved....And you do THIS!? After the postseason he just gave you!? After the recruiting he just did for you!?? After his sister JUST died!????

You fucking SNAKE Danny. You SNAKE!

I don't want crybaby "all about me" flat-earther Kyrie. He's a fucking Lebron baby. I'm PISSED!

Maybe he is overrated. I don't know. I like what I see when I watch him, I think he makes a real positive impact, and also, he put up really good numbers last year and has put up really good defensive numbers his entire career. Statistically, the Celtics played much better defense when he was on the court. That matters a lot to me.

Not to get repetitive, but ignoring Crowder here seems dumb.

looks like isaiah thomas has hit a wall with the celtics

4-12
7-20
7-22
9-20

Yeah nah you're a cunt

This could be a guy that could potentially help CP3 to reach his first NBA Conference Finals
Assuming that they both stay in Houston and get a nice third scoring option during next offseason
Can they walk away with a championship against the Warriors (who may or may not lose Green or Klay)

>On ESPN, @wojespn reports the Celtics and Cavs are currently on the phone working out salary matching pieces from BOS to CLE.

It really depends on LBJ being able to carry more of the offensive load. I think IT can score against the Warriors as the second option but he's not going to be able to go off the way that Kyrie did and take over and carry them to wins randomly.

I've been said the Thomas for Irving trade makes sense for the Celtics. They're both just scorers, but Kyrie is younger, not as much a liability on defense, and the Celtics will have him for two years. Isaiah is gonna want to get paid next off-season, and I don't think the Celitcs wanna give him $200 mil+. I think the Celtics could have kept Jae Crowder, unless they had to trade him for cap space.

Isaiah Thomas fucked himself when he said he was expecting a max contract lmfao

>Cavs and Celtics now negotiating over a draft pick

Please take the manlet please take the manlet Please take the manlet please take the manlet
Please take the manlet please take the manlet

lmao!!! laker fishies on suicide watch! celtics are a 70 win team next season AND we getting #1 picks

The Rockets will have to play the Spurs, Warriors, or Thunder to advance to the WCF. Not gonna happen.

The other thing about this trade for Cleveland is that it's extremely low risk. The status quo was that they didn't have a real shot against the Warriors and that Kyrie was going to walk. So basically this is a free roll for them - any long term assets they get, any chance they win a championship, it's all gravy for them.

He also should get a max contract with the way the NBA works. And whichever team gives it to him is going to regret it but he deserves the money.

hahahahha loyalty hahahahhahaha

No-one has cap space to give him the max.

they could beat the Spurs

Pelicans will give IT the max next season

Cap this post

Cleveland will have the space.

Any team could easily make a couple trades to get the cap space, and a few teams will have the cap space for it when other contracts expire. If a player you think can be a franchise player for you is available, you make moves to open your roster for him. Whether he's actually worth it is another matter.

>@wojespn: Cleveland has struck out on deals in the western conference and have turned their focus to Boston.

>The @Cavs told @Celtics a couple weeks ago they didn't want to do a deal if Jayson Tatum wasn't part of the package, says league source.Unconfirmed

>Boston has wanted to keep Jayson Tatum out of any deal with Cleveland.

Mine was from CTEball back in HS. Partially torn MCL/meniscus along with a grade 2 ankle sprain after one our landwhale o-linemen rolled up my leg during practice.

No, no they can't.

How is Woj so fast, guys?

They don't have the cap space, even if they stretch Asik. Don't think they could create the cap space either, especially since they want Cousins to re-sign.

Realistically no team should want to give a manlet who now has a hip problem a max contract. Even healthy, giving him a max is questionable.

He's not even in Bombston anymore you mouthbreathing moron.

FREE BOBAN

From a basketball point of view, like most NBA contracts, it's a question of risk and expected value. And the reality of the NBA is that there are nearly always going to be teams who are in a position where the best course of action available to them is going to be to take high-risk bets like giving a max contract to IT. Because, hey, there's a chance it pays off and he plays at a superstar level and you make a conference finals or something where you otherwise wouldn't have.

I don't think that smart, well-managed teams should ever give a player like IT a max, because it's just a really bad bet. But not all teams are smart and well-managed and have good ownership with strong relations to the front office and an accurate understanding of their window for contention.