Wtf was this show? I binge watched all 8 eps yesterday and it was the most boring piece of shit i have ever watched

wtf was this show? I binge watched all 8 eps yesterday and it was the most boring piece of shit i have ever watched.

I kept waiting for something interesting to happen but it was just her telling a story for all 8 fucking episodes, no inter dimensional travel like she mentioned fucking nothing.

Unless your a pot smoking spiritual hippy, this shit is a giant waste of time. I dont even get angry at tv shows, most of the shit you guys shill for i can enjoy but fuck me this show is garbage.

>inb4 you just didnt understand it maaaaan

>I dont even get angry at tv shows

Yes you do.

i normally dont i swear dude but for some reason this show made me really angry. I was expecting it to get better and it got fucking worse.

dude come on

keep your door open

's important

>I'm the OA
What's the OA?
>Original Autist
Oh ok

I liked it desu

It wasn't bad. 4/5 for me.
I don't think it was shilled on Sup Forums, which surprised me actually. Most of the threads about seem to have a general consensus that it was a waste of time.

i stopped right at the end of the final episode, that fucking dancing man. killed it for me i didn't even care what got revealed. and you guys want to make fun of guardians of the galaxy ending.

does sharon van etten--aka the character 'rachel'--get naked in it??

Go back to your Star Wars and capeshit threads, simpleton.

Yes. She also does some softcore fisting.

are you lying? i just looked for it and can't find anything.

I love this so so much, I cry like a bitch when they revive the dreadlocks guy and at the end of the season. I find it so beautiful and interesting, mostly the idea of sumerging into storytelling without putting to much thinking in logic and how doing that really open new ways to see things and change yourself.
I don't think is hippie or new age shit I think is at some point almost qabbalistic with all the angels imaginery.
fuck yourself if you don't like it heartless piece of shit.

No. She sits in a box for 7 episodes and covers a vent. Once. That is literally all she does.

Tried watching 'cause Brit Marling is a really good actor, but i gave up after 2 episodes.

It was not uninteresting, but it just didn't attract anything in me. Maybe when i'm in a different mood.

You're in the right headspace my man. I urge you to check out Brit's other work. You'll probably love Sound of my Voice considering it works with some similar concepts and it's another collaboration with Zal.

Sup Forums, why is science fiction so hard to get right on television?

It's proven itself as hands down the best most innovative literary genre on the planet and yet we only have like maybe 4 good sci-fi tv series in 70 years.

What the fuck?

She sings in one scene and it's bretty cool.

my nigga I found you ! Yes I love sound of my voice, try I origins if you don´t see it yet (upstream color is good too but not so mistic)

I don't like Carruth all that much desu but it's on my list.

I've sampled all the Brit Marlingkino out there except for Babylon and I intend on marathoning that soon.

I like Carruth but if you don't like Primer,Upstream color is much relaxed and sweet but complex at the same time. Marling is great in everything , The east is a good thriller too.

The scientific mindset is in inherent conflict with the theatrical mindset. That is, the kind of person who joins the drama club in high school and later ends up in Hollywood sees the world in terms of human beings emoting at each other. The very concept of the "non-human" is anathema to the dramatic artist. They can't help but reframe everything in human terms. That's why there will never be a faithful film adaptation of "Solaris" or "Roadside Picnic" (sorry Tarkovsky). What Hollywood markets as "science fiction" is either just an action movie with "futuristic" technology-oriented tropes, or a drama that initially seems like it might be science fiction, but ends up being a heartwarming tale of what it means to be human.

>tHe O/\

What did they mean by this?

You watched the birth of America's Best Dance Crew™ my man.

(different guy here).

"The East" is my favorite Marling film so far.

I tried watching "Babylon" but didn't care for it. The premise was fine, but the execution didn't work for me.

it was shit

the Original Angel dude, you even watch it?

I didn't watch Babylon I don't think I like it, I also didnt watch (yet) The keeping room, is it any good?

Watch Travelers which is also on netflix. I got through it last weekend and it was really enjoyable, nothing like this OA bs. Here's the summary from wikipedia:
>A team of special operatives, sent back in time from the future, are tasked with preventing the collapse of society. These operatives, known as travelers, inhabit the body of an individual from the 21st century moments before the individual's "recorded time of death". This is referred to as a "transfer of consciousness" and cannot be used to transmit someone farther back than the 21st century. The recorded time of death is accurate to the second because of smart phones, computers, gps, cameras, social media, and other digital pillars of the 21st century. This knowledge of the individual who will be dying also gives the traveler the ability to prepare for the life they will inhabit.
>The travelers must maintain their hosts' pre-existing lives in order to not attract attention while performing missions aimed at saving the world from a series of catastrophic events. As the series progresses, the butterfly effect begins to become apparent, as changes in the present have an effect on the future.

>I tried watching "Babylon" but didn't care for it. The premise was fine, but the execution didn't work for me.

I'm afraid I might react the same way. Though I've enjoyed her for the most part in all the stuff where she's just "acted" and didn't have a hand in co-writing/collaborating. Arbitrage and The Keeping Room being my favourites. It's just a little jarring to see her in something that's actually straightforward with no conceptual or metaphysical sci-fi connotations.

wow, you really are into linear storytelling are you? everything must be explained and have sense. You must love Spielberg.

"Travelers" was utter garbage, user. You have the worst taste.