/nba/ general - flashed edition

Celtics swap Isaiah Thomas for Kyrie Irving and that's all that really matters

discuss.

How bad did the Cavs fuck themselves?

Leltics lost the trade

danny you SNAKE!

>Lebron isnt a ring chasing Snake

>tfw 6th seed

>my face when the Celtics wont' even get past the Raptors/Wizards once everyone realizes their defense is shit

Soon. Literally, like next year soon.

>yfw when LeGod gets another one for da land

*wins another blockbuster*

It was really their best option.

Thomas and TT for Dragic and Whiteside straight up

bait

>LeBron is better than MJ
>b-but muh rings
>lol why does LeBron want to win rings

>TheLand makes great trade
>Sup Forums so mad they have to fall back on LeBron leaving rumors.

Lol.

This trade sealed the fate of the Eastern conference.

I know. Wizards will go to the finals

>celtics weaken their opponent while taking their best player and giving them their worst player
>lost the trade
and before draftcucks say something, you don't trade for future potential lmao. it's like trading for giannis over lebron just because giannis might be good in the future...

They will be shit post-lebron no matter what. They can beat warriors if they sign D wade and trade pick for a quality player.

>needing 4 different teams to win rings

Will IT play off the bench

Fuck do I wish

LeBron
>100% leaving next year, this is why the Celtics wanted the #1 pick so much
Kyrie
>reported to be open to signing an extenstion with the Celtics, Celtics feel confident they can get it done
IT
>leaving next year, wants the max more than anything in life
Crowder
>shit and overrated as fuck

Cavs
>shit, still stuck in luxury hell with bloated contracts on vets, no future without LeBron or Kyrie
Boston
>a big future with two young stars on their roster now and assets to sustain them for years

Who lost this trade exactly?

So how do you think this matchup is gonna go?

Guys the celtics just got worse for a trade they didn't even need to do why the fuck would they do this tho

I was going to say that we should be reasonable and see how it actually plays out before we start shitposting like crazy, but then I remembered this is Sup Forums so fuck it

>future
Lol who the fuck cares. The future is now old man

All Cleveland got was a manlet PG and meme shooting big men

SOON
>SOON

>Cavs
>heat
>???
>New York Rangers
Damn it, you're right

Look at what Kyrie did when Lebron was sitting and you'll have your answer. He was shit. Most overrated player in the league.

"Crowder
>shit and overrated as fuck" -autist

Irving is better than IT in every way.

Lebron usually sucks in openers so Celts win. Next matchup Lebron drops 30+ double double and wins

Celtics got fucking raped, but at least that Fultz deal doesn't look so bad now.

cavs/heat/laketurds/next team after he sees lonzo is a bust

If the celtics aren't trying to contend in the next 3 years then you could s- actually no. They traded their pick too so they're bad for the future and present, not good enough to make any damage in the east and pretty much downgraded their team for no reason what so ever my dude tho.

>He cost Dwyane Wade a finals MVP in 2011
>He was literally a Ray Allen shot away from going 2-6 in the NBA finals
>He will have played with Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Isaiah Thomas during his playing career
>His nuthuggers come playoff time will STILL say he needs more help when he INEVITABLY gets throttled by Golden State
>And they will still ride his dick when he inevitably fucks off to LA to be a Laker or a Rocket to buddy up with Harden and CP3.
Fuck this crybaby bitch, honestly.

So the Cavs are basically stuck giving IT a max deal while LeBron leaves...Smh lmfao

"who has a better situation going forward" is a different question from "who won this trade".

Like, Lebron is leaving regardless of anything to do with this trade. It's not relevant to who won this trade at all.

Celtics have ZERO defense now

seriously what the fuck are the cavs doing that got way fucking worse. Isiah and love are extremely limited and cant fucking defend. that nets pick is not that fucking high

hue

Wtf brehs how the fuck did this happen

If Kyrie could drop 25 points playing alongside LeBron how many will he average now that he's the main guy on offense?

Why are tripfags so fucking retarded?

>first play of the game
>kyrie irving crosses thomas and drives to the hoop
>lebron meets him in the post
>"heh... nothing personal kid..."
>no look pass to a cutting hayward
>lebron sees this and jumps to contest
>hayward smirks, "got you"
>lobs to big al
>hangs on the rim and puts his nuts on lebron's neck
>lebron does the fencing response and needs to get carried off the court

the cavs have less of a defense with fucking IT and love

>mf

Except scoring, passing, rebounding(.1 difference with like 5 inches of height) shooting, clutch scoring. Pretty much everything besides playoff performances and defense(a wash). And the scoring difference is way greater than the defense difference friend. THO.

Oh man, these are some scorching hot onions.

>Cleveland: So with Isaiah and Kyrie being near equal in skill, and kyrie wanting out we were wondering...

>Boston: If you could have him and a young, up and coming young center Ante Zizic? I don't know.

>Cleveland: Actually we just want-

>Ainge: Fine, fine, we'll throw in Jae Crowder and a nets pick too! Here just take everything

is boston retarded?

>Danny turned the #1 pick this past offseason into a the #3 in Tatum (that they would have taken at #1 anyways) and flipped the 2018 nets pick for Kyrie while still being able to pick in the top 2-5 with the LA pick

Jesus this guy is fucking Einstein tier genius

welp surprised I didnt get the usual.

This would be even better when the nets overachieve and wade goes back to miami

>Kyrie
I didn't know that's how Harden was pronounced

Wade to Cleveland when?

>Pretty much everything besides playoff performance

wait thats pretty fucking big advantage

>and a young, up and coming young center Ante Zizic
Fucking retards on Sup Forums, I swear.

>mfw Nets sneak into the 8th seed
>mfw Kyrie sweeps the Cavs in 5 after going GOD Mode and averaging 39 points on 55% shooting
>mfw Unleashed Kyrie cucks the Warriors in the Finals, again shooting the game winning shot over Steph Curry

NBA is gonna be Kino this season

But seriously they could of waited and got him for nothing in a few years have no idea why this is considered a loss for cleveland, they were going to get nothing but shit ass asets for him and instead they remain a contender that has a pick for the future with a decent chance of winning the lottery man.

allegedly sometime this season, may be at around december-january for the playoffs

>The burning steamy shit smelling ghetto known as PooPeeland

Nobody here watched the Cavs after Lebron left Cleveland. Kyrie sucked.
Even this year, when Lebron wasn't he, he choked. He's not good enough to lead a team.

Kawhi has such great posture

he going back to miami

Zizic is shit, did you not watch him in Summer League?

>/nba/ shits on celtics players
>all of a sudden they're really talented and underrated when they're traded to the cavs and the celtics are retards who lost
really fires up my neurons

T H I S
H
I
S

OH MY GOD im getting flashbacks to sebastain telfair, HELP

You can stop Bostonfags. Everyone knows you blew it.

YO, did the Cavs actually trade Kyrie? Who else is going to hit LeBron's game winning shots? This makes no sense baka

The celtics are looking stacked lads, m-my warriors will surely beat them r-right?

They still have Marcus Smart! Marcus Smart will save them!

Crowder improves their rotation and defense so fucking much though. I mean for chrissake they were playing Richard Jefferson 16 minutes a game in the fucking finals because they didn't have anyone else who could even pretend to be a wing defender. Having someone who can play even competent defense at the wing, instead of trying to run out Kyle Korver and Richard Jefferson against the fucking Warriors, is huge for them. It is honestly a huge upgrade for them.

Hiding IT is definitely going to be tough, though, obviously.

He can go back to Florida when he retires.
His best friend is in Cleveland for another year. Hell, I could see him and Lebron moving in together.

>The one kid with Currys
Ling Ling is gonna get swarmed hard

>mfw both my lakeys and rapties won this trade

what? cavs got way worse. they had defense now they have absolutely none with lebron declining. Cavs made a huge mistake in trading with their only opponent in the east.

Look at his scoring when LeBron was resting and you'll see

That's why they got IT breh

>Who else is going to hit LeBron's game winning shots?
um, they acquired a guy whomse monica is "king of the fourth..."

The sad part about this is, the Cavs were falling apart, and the door was left open for the Celtics to possibly make it to the finals, and now they're not only getting worse, but they just made the Cavs so much better.

Where is SKEEEEUUUUP when you need him?

SPC we still run this mothafucking league hahaha

>kyrie to Boston
>Lebron to spurs

>the ABSOLUTE STATE of non-Boston fags in this thread right now

L

O

L

listen man I have been out here fighting the Jae Crowder fight

lol

>Leaveland will lose Lebum
>Leaveland will have to bring out the Brink's Trucks
(lol

>they just made the Cavs so much better.

>Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and 2018 Nets pick

Wew lad, Celtics gave up too much

It's a false flag

but they lost a top 10 player in the nba. in the playoffs stars wins. the cavs are most definantly going to get swept next year if they actually do make the finals. thats not even a given now

>NBA shits on IT calling him a manlet
>suddenly he's better than Kyrie now

Did Danny Ainge fuck your bitch or something lmfao, he's living rent free in your head

This is Lord of the rings tier fantasy m8

In what way is Kyrie defense? it's simple: The Celtics got worse in a trade that was completely unnecessary but not only that they traded their future away and no longer have any picks. This trade was an absolute waste and in no way did the celts even sniff getting even with this trade. They could argue Kyrie is younger but clearly they don't care about future because they traded their fucking picks.

Are you joking? The cavs finally got a center in this deal.

Love and Thompson were power forwards. Now that the cavs have an actual center, Lebron won't have to play in the post as much, freeing up his energy for more defense. Their defense is going to go through the roof after this trade

>Cavs fans UNIRONICALLY think jae fucking crowder is good

You are in for a fun surprise leaveland fans

Ainge is a dollar store Hinkie, without the class and the flair of our Samwise

I don tknow how you talk about how much IT means and then trade his ass to fucking Cleveland what a fucking snake lmao

Give me one reason a 5'8 PG on the other side of his career will be better than a PG about to hit his prime?

League will never allow LA to lose that pick.

Isiah Thomas is also a really good offensive player though. He's one of the most efficient scorers in the league. He's not as good as Kyrie but the difference is not all that large either.

Anyone is better than tristan thompson. Plus he's only 20 and will improve