Let's argue: Hospice is even better than ITAOTS

Let's argue: Hospice is even better than ITAOTS.

well ITAOTS is trash so it's not like you're setting the bar high

ITAOTS 0/10
Hospice 1/10

Blasphemy is illegal around these parts.

You missed the first 1s. Here, I'll fix it for you.
>ITAOTS 10/10
>Hospice 11/10

yeah OP I miss 2010 too

this really isn't a question though, ITAOTS is the only answer. I mean, The Antlers have topped Hospice like 3 different times since it released.

>I mean, The Antlers have topped Hospice like 3 different times since it released.
"no"

Its not even in the top 5000 albums of all time

No, ITAOTS is actually good

>I mean, The Antlers have topped Hospice like 3 different times since it released.
lol no
agreed, ITAOTS is great but hospice is better

Burst Apart > Hospice
Undersea > Hospice
Familiars > Hospice

I fail to see your point.

>Hospice is even better than
Confirmed for 15 years old

Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head is better than either.

Accurate

fucking abysmal opinion, my dude

But the only songs I like on that album are "Sylvia" and "Nothing Matters When We're Dancing" which is a cover.
Gotta give it to NMH here.
Also Divorce Lawyers is a forced meme

shit taste

I disagree.

Hospice has a good concept and some good songs, but ultimately it feels really tepid, like they're acting out sadness instead of actually expressing the real thing.

IMO, ITAOTS has way more passion and power despite essentially being nonsensical.

absolute plebs

I could get ITAOTS being better than Divorce Lawyers, but Hospice is trash compared to either with it's old whisper-singing and vocalist that sounds like winnie the pooh.
A Crow Looked At Me at least was based on someone actually dying, and not just a breakup or whatever.
Plebs, the lot of you.

t. megasoyboy

no
itaots has much more emotion

literally captain save a hoe the album.

Pffft.
You fucking Casual, THIS is the Captain Save a Hoe album.

I agree with you, user.

Did you give Winter Sisters a listen? I thought it was a mixed bag, but Not Uxorial was a 10/10 for me

Yeah guys! We don't listen to any of that SOYBOY NU-MALE crap! Let's BTFO these low-test cucks and go listen to some music for REAL men.

I haven't. Is it a Jordaan Mason album? First I've heard its name. I'll check it out, user.

itaots 5/10
hospice 6/10
so i guess yeah
(for reference, loveless is a 6/10 too)

>beach house ripoff better than hospice
>EP with horrible production better than hospice
>unimaginative slowcore better than hospice

hm

actually correct tho

A Promise tops divorce lawyers, however

love how he needs to be provocative to pedal his opinion (actually, what someone else has told him to think).

cute

Trying this hard to be contrary.

I don't agree, but I can respect that. Jordaan clearly takes inspiration from Xiu Xiu.

This is a pretty exceptional album, I've been really disappointed with all their other music though. I don't think like they're historical songwriters or anything, just sometimes great albums are meant to happen, and only specific people are capable of creating them.

no question
i have the bandcamp download of divorce lawyers and the lyrics for hymn/her (an instrumental as you remember) is "my eyes closed in the club - js"

Jordaan also did a cover of Apistat Commander.

now this i must hear
AC is the best Xiu Xiu song

eh
it was alright desu but I feel like maybe a bit more passion would have been better
AC is a really intense song and i feel like he under-performed a lot of those moments that fucking rip a hole in you

Disliking ITAOTS isn't contrarianism, it's just basic decent taste.

Really? I'll have to check out A Promise too then.

I liked it for what it was, but yeah his cover isn't exactly dripping with emotion.
Still got me in the feels the first time I heard it though. I really need to check out more Xiu Xiu, didn't they do a twin peaks cover record?

I also would recommend the album A Kali Yuga Opera by Holy Haunted Head to anyone that likes this sort of music. It is criminally underrated for how good it is.

Kek, look at this guy

itaots 5/10
hospice 6/10