This would be way better as a movie. Waaaay better

This would be way better as a movie. Waaaay better.

Guys

worked as a game fine desu

it didn't even work as a game

>tfw didn't ask for this

>deu sex

>geus sex

>dude, sex?

>desu expai

Not really, no. There are certain things you the player need to experience for you to really absorb how shit Adam's life is.

Spoilers ahead
Working for and protecting Sarif only to learn he put a Detective on you, dug into your life and hid what he found to himself. All the shit with Megan who you left recovery and spent your time searching for only to turn out to have accepted her situation and hardly even cares about what you've been through, even later willingly working with the enemy. Fighting tooth and nail to save Malik, bonding with Francis, finding the senile old lady who protected you as a child at the risk of her own life and putting her under your protection to return the favor. Murdering the asshole who killed you and kidnapped your ex-gf etc
A 2 hour movie could attempt to use those elements but couldn't quite convey them as meaningfully as giving the player the choice/experience so the frustration you feel stems from a personal investment and not just an observation of events.

I'll say any of the extra material and the sequel however could have just been made into movies though.

>superpowered badass
>his only ability is that he has bionic arms with tasers and small knives

wew, disappointing

how's the new one?
it came out in august and is now $19.99

It's good but you gotta have a good computer to play it nicely, I had some stuttering issues in Prague in my toaster.

I heard it's cucked by denuvo so I can't play it :(

>Failing to save Fly Girl
>and then realizing you could save her

it has already been cracked, so I dont know what are you on about it.
doesn't really matter if you save her or not, she is canon alive in MD.

Well I'll be a son of a gun, thanks user I'm gonna download it.

It's pretty good for 20 bucks.

The highlight is the gameplay. The level and mission design reminds me of the original Deus Ex. Very open-ended with a billion different ways to do something. It's one of those games where you can legitimately find stuff on a second playthrough that you didn't find or notice the first time.

The downside, however, is the plot. The plot in DXHR was already pretty meh, but for DXMD it's downright shit-tier. Doesn't make any sense and you're basically a double agent for some antifa faggots while working for an interpol organization investigating a terrorist attack by some augmented people blah blah blah. The whole game tries to pull this "WE AUGS BEIN OPPRESSED N SHIT" crap. It's very eye-rolling.

Oh, and the game is very clearly not finished. The ending occurs at a point that feels like it should be the end of a second act. So you totally get blueballed and have to wait for the sequel, I guess.

One other thing is you need a good computer. The load times are retarded when going between hub areas, and there appears to be some sort of memory leak that will cause the game to stutter after an hour of two of play (at least for me, with 8 gigs of RAM). Keep that in mind.

But yeah, the downsides as far as plot and pacing are there, but the gameplay is just really fucking good.

not really

the plot completely shit itself in the 3rd act with the out of nowhere emo/anime badguy "I need to le kill the world to save it" reveal.

Why do Francophones hate writing good endings?

No it wouldn't. The plot wasn't particularly strong, and there are a lot of elements of the story that only really work if you experience them as the player. Human Revolution could definitely work as the basis for a great movie, it has a really cool look (that whole "New Renaissance" thing), and explores interesting ideas about humanity and technology. But just turning the game itself into a movie would be a disaster.

IMO, if somebody were to make a Deus Ex movie, the worst thing they could possibly do would be to call it "Deus Ex" or "Human Revolution". Give it some other title, and in the credits put something like "based on the game etc. etc.". Videogame movies are box office cancer.

Nope. Not even close. It would be good as a book, or maybe even an animated series, but it would be a joke as a movie.

In the end Videgame is the best medium for it.

Who would you cast?

Dolph Lundgren as Gunther Hermann
Mila Jovovich as Anna Navarre
James Woods as Bob Page
Christian Bale as both JC and Paul Denton
Lawrence Fishburne as Morgan Everett
Robert Duval as Joseph Manderley

JC Dental Pyramidental = Jim Carrey(single equals not double equals because it's assignment)
hermann = the main character from mechanical orange (actor not character). HE IS THE BIONIC MAN!
boob page = john malkovich
Paul Denton = Danny De Vito (JC's worse, retarded bro) on stilts
Anna Navarre = Jlaw's nudes
Morpheus = the black nigga from matrix
robots/mechanical shit = Matt Damon because the dude is a shitty actor who has the same face he'd be able to play a robot perfectly

not diverse enough, it should be

Denzel Washington as Gunther Hermann
Halle Berry as Anna Navarre
Forest Whitaker as Bob Page
Eddie Murphy as JC brothers
Lawrence Fishburne is ok
Will Smith as Joseph Manderley

Just imagining Bale play Denton makes me want to see this happen.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

It's how it works nowadays man.