Tfw you make the biggest independent song of this generation and instead of only making a small % of the sales you make...

>tfw you make the biggest independent song of this generation and instead of only making a small % of the sales you make all % of the sales and make out like a fucking bandit
>never make anymore music

Is Gotye /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X7hUnDiz-K4
open.spotify.com/album/6nLWW8fhHgQdHgPzxzObb9
twitter.com/the3basics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hey i love that song!

youtube.com/watch?v=X7hUnDiz-K4

He had so much potential

Did he though?

Its funny in a way, he knows he will never reach that height again, and he made pop, so we can only assume his intention was to be successful. Then he hits a homerun around the world and that can't be recreated very easily. I suppose guys like Coldplay pull it off, they seem to get a lot of international #1s.

But for the sake of argument he won't do it again, and he now has millions to just kick back and retire on.

If you know you can never make work better than a piece you already did, and you're rich as fuck, it must be hard to be motivated.

Dind't he still make music tho

I'm pretty sure the only new music he's been involved with was that Bibio album back in 2016.

Yeah, as far as i can tell, this is literally the only piece of music he's done since 2011

open.spotify.com/album/6nLWW8fhHgQdHgPzxzObb9

Thats the sound of retirement my man. More money from 1 track than 'signed artists' make from a fuckload of albums.

Signed artists get like 5% of the sale price right? He got 100%, kek.

2.99+tax
750 million downloads

I really liked his music :(
I hope he makes a new album one day

somebody i used to know was weak in comparison to some of the other songs on that lp, and he'd already made heart's a mess (his best song easily), so it's not his "best work"

It might not be, but that LP as a whole was just a fucking snoozefest.

YOU DIDNT HAVE TO CUT IT OFF

That's what separates good musicians to GREAT musicians though.

Living the dream

>750 million downloads
? where

i was just thinking about physical cd sales cause im retarded, i never considered the amount of digital sales

but that's a fucking insane number no way 750m sales surely?

Better make something big and fuck off while you're ahead than to become some desperate has-been.
See pic related for example

>In a recent interview with news.com.au, the Melbourne musician revealed that he has never monetised his YouTube channel, and has therefore missed out on potentially millions of dollars in ad revenue.

damn, 1bn views just given away to (((youtube))) without making anything off them

>genius
>turns out to be a retard

oh hes made music!

twitter.com/the3basics