What are some other indie rock concept albums like this and whatever people say i am by the arctic monkeys?

What are some other indie rock concept albums like this and whatever people say i am by the arctic monkeys?

Do you know what a concept album is?

Indie Landfill general?

>indie
Is This It was released by RCA, ya dingus

is this it? and whatever people say are both concept albums of teen life in new york and sheffeild. they are much more of a concept album than sgt pepper

so you dont have any recs

reach

No they're not, they're just albums written by teenagers living in new york and Sheffield, that isn't a concept. it's at best a theme, more accurately a happy accident.

Yes and the new Migos album is a concept album about the life of a rich, successful rapper

maybe ill have to give it a listen
ok even so that doesnt change my thread you guys are just arguing of terminology of my post (though i do think its a loose concept album still) i can reword it to say "what are some indie rock albums with a theme like is this it or whatever people say" im just trying to find some new music you guys

okay well it's not even subjective, it is literally not a concept album, loosely or otherwise. But Car Seat Headrest is your man - listen to Teens of Denial and Twin Fantasy, some of the most relateable lyrics about being a teenager I've ever heard, the first two libertines albums, first two Jamie T albums, The Suburbs by Arcade Fire IS a concept album about growing up in a neighbourhood, The Maccabees, Noah and the Whale, "17" by Youth Lagoon, Vampire Weekend, The Vaccines' first album, Palma Violets' first album, most music from Lame Impala

>Is This It?
>Whatever People Say I Am
>Concept albums

Wut?

Nah, The Strokes and Arctics aren't Indie landfill, all that shit came out after Arctics debut. That period between both bands debuts was a comfy period to be a fan of guitar music, with The Libertines, Franz Ferdinand, Kings Of Leon, The White Stripes and The Vines all releasing great stuff.

It's shit that came out after like The Kooks, The Enemy, The Pigeon Detectives, etc that fall under Indie landfill. Between like 2001 and 2005 that whole Indie movement felt fresh because people were just sick of buttrock like Nickelback and Limp Bizkit, and then soyboycore like Travis and Coldplay dominating.

>The Suburbs by Arcade Fire
this looks good ill check it out thanks for being the only one to rec me anything

it's about your inner child coming to terms with death

the guitar stuff is pretty similar to the stokes and AM but it's much more poppy and psychedelic

sounds like if king gizz and the strokes had a baby

Bait a side try Interpol

no. it not any of those things!! god i fucking hate you reddit twats for ruining my fav album with ur nonsense comparisons. grow a fucking cock and fuck some dude in the ass then you'll know what this album feels like.

? are you okay

shame but unicorns are people too is better in every way

Strokes are only sort of landfill indie. Pic related.

Derivative garbage that NME tried to push as the next big thing thread?