"DUDE CLIPPING LMAO" the album

>"DUDE CLIPPING LMAO" the album
inb4 "b-but muh lo-fi production!!! i-it's intentional!!! it's meant to sound like shit on purpose!!!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5WvWkUhszeE?t=4m25s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

for tracks like glow pt 2 and samurai sword I would argue that yes, it's absolutely done on purpose
however, there are some other tracks that have clipping for no good reason, so I'm inclined to agree
the real crime is mount eerie tho, that album has clipping all over the place

hah i got one

it does not sound like shit at all

I don't mind the production.

This, except unironically.

i'm not beeing ironic. I didn't even notice it the first few times i listened to it.

wtf is supposed to be wrong with the "production" on this album?
a good production does not mean that everything should sound clean and boring, it means highlighting and polishing the respective pecularities of an album's aesthetic. and this is exactly what the glow's production achieves

trying too hard.

youtu.be/5WvWkUhszeE?t=4m25s
Explain to me how and why this sounds good to you. I could pick several other examples across the album if you incline. Even if the album's awful production is 'intentional' to complement the album's cold/skeletal aesthetic, that doesn't mean that the production still isn't awful and physically harsh to the ears.

I think it sounds beautiful

To elaborate, it feels like the sound has completely surrounded and consumed me so I am no longer a spectator to the music, I am fully immersed in it

>harsh to the ears
music doesn't need to sound pleasant
the production was intentionally rough and while it may not sound terribly good, there's a reason behind it

Sounds good to me because I'm not a pleb. Now beat it, kid.

I don't know what you mean by harsh. I you mean the attack on the guitar then that's just how an acoustic guitar sounds, at least when i play it.
I you mean his voice I think it kept "distant" on purpose, I like it, you may not.

I guess I'm just not hearing it. The production's great to me.

What exactly do you think could be fixed?

the best thing phil elverum ever did was let the production be lo-fi and organic
he could have been an indie darling and tgpt2 could have been some cookie cutter fleet foxes-esque trash with a more popular production style but he was like nah

>he could have been an indie darling
He kinda is tho? Unless you mean having pop cross-over by indie darling.

it's noise music you mong

>legitimately one of the most atmospheric tracks i've ever heard
>explain how and why this sounds good to you
dude i'm legitimately worried about you

interested on your opinion of STGSTV

ITT: underage

If you like this album and graduated from high school I feel embarrassed for you. Reminder that patricians outgrow the glow pt2 by age 15/16

haha not true but nice try

t.17 year old
or maybe you're pretending other people agree with him.

Nah, 21. But trust me by the time you reach my age, you'll realize just how trite mt. eerie actually is, kid

feeling the need to actually state your age leads me to believe that you are 15 tops

feeling the need to type like it's your cake day leads me to believe that your friends over at /r/music are looking for you

>Nah, 21
I'm not convinced
>by the time you reach my age
At this point I really doubt you're more than 18 years old.
>, kid
yup, you're 14 at best.

*tips fedora*

Thank you my friend, to you as well

what are you even on about here

>every instrument is audible and has a unique place and texture in the recording
>nothing sounds fake or processed
I have no idea what people say when they complain about this or other """lo-fi""" like ITAOTS, Filosofem, STGSTV, etc.

Unless you're complaining about distortion in which case you're a fucking troglodyte

>muh melancholy depression
>muh offkey singing
>muh non-rhyming vocal lines
>muh deep, introspective stream-of-consciousness lyrics
>dude like...death happens
>muh folk is alive
>muh wife...money pls
Why do we like this hack again?

you're not trying hard enough

>Why do we like this hack again?
You seem not to like him.
Who's that "we" you talk about?

still haven't answered the question though

Sorry but I'm a noob. What does clipping mean in this context?

kill yourself nigger boy

wow you actually summed him up pretty decently

and yeah, i dont like him either