What did (((ESPN))) mean by this?

>MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off of upcoming UVa Game
>ESPN official statement: We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue

>it's real
what is wrong with people

This is some funny shit, someone posted it earlier today.

Turns out the announcer actually pulled himself so as not to cause a "distraction."

t. espn shill

What a smug asshole he must be

I was thinking that's what he did but I didn't think anyone would be that stupid. I can guarantee there's no one in the US that cares. There's like 5 guys i know named Jefferson Davis and they aren't sweating anything.

Wasn't there some commentator named George Zimmerman who got harassed the fuck out of during the fallout from the ZimZam's trial? To me, doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for some dude to ask for a reassignment so as not to get caught in the idiot crossfire of leftists shrieking about anything and everything related to the Confederacy

Well people won't harass a sport commentator named like a general who died centuries ago, right ?

certainly not the open-minded antifa-fellows, sir!

I can see where i parked my car when i lived in richmond

He's fucking asian too

Leftists are too retarded to live

>There's like 5 guys i know named Jefferson Davis and they aren't sweating anything.

No you don't.

>the announcer pulled himself

No, his bosses pressured him, and he was in no position to refuse.

>ESPN
>leftists
more like frightened conservacucks

I know 6 guys named Adolf Hitler and they don't give a fuck, announcing sporting events all day.

They pulled Robert Lee off a broadcast?

Boy, I sure wish there was a Confederate general named [least favorite announcer].

You obviously haven't been paying attention to what they've been doing over the past few years. They purposefully went full-on SJW.

>pulled himself

Most companies nowadays are full on SJW because they think they'll get $$$ from it. Guarantee all the board votes boomer-tier conservacucks

Nobody knows who Robert Lee is or what he did.

question for amerisharts: why are suddenly the statues the go-to and hot cake of the day in america? how come no one touched them during king nigger's 8 years?

Asians are now fair game as well. Join us yellow man and fight the good fight.

Because it's all manufactured. If the Ferguson and Baltimore riots happened under Trump the media would have prolonged it much more. Under Obama they tried to sweep it under the rug and never blame Obama for it (despite under Obama race relations have deteriorated and are worse than Jim Crow days in many aspects).Obama was THE worst president to have ever graced this nation in the last century because his legacy is more hatred amongst Americans and he couldn't even get shit done (Gitmo remains open, he never ended the wars, and his corportist healthcare laws are going either to be repealed or flat out crash because of unsustainability).

lack of knowledge never stopped americucks from getting upset over nothing

and people STILL wonder why hitler hated (((media))) so much, they lie about things that happened yesterday, imagine the lies they told in the 20s and 30s when there was no social media and smartphones. eternal liars and deceivers.

It would have been a stupid internet meme and a few hundred people would have thought it quirky or at worst in bad taste. So they just moved him to a different game. This is a non-story. There is no controversy here.

get raped faggot

Are you really this brainwashed? Tribalism got us into this mess, it's not going to get us out of it. Obama wasn't even the worst President of the past 15 years, much less ever. You are either historically ignorant or politically ignorant.

This is how you take a good idea and make it ridiculous. This is no better than the tranny bathroom bullshit.

This is how the Left lost the last election. Stupidity.

>in bad taste

But why tho? Lee is a common asian name. There's no reason to even cater to the crazies on Twitter. Social media was a mistake.

now we need to convince the world that there was a confederate general named Jessica Mendoza

They didn't want to make any connections at all to the VA events, and having a commentator named Robert Lee might have done that. The irony is that now that game will certainly be slathered in political connotations now that they've done this and it's public knowledge. Streisand Effect and all that.

underrated

you're onto something. This is a classic publicity move.

>how come no one touched them during king nigger's 8 years?
they did, nobody gave a shit though.
that changed with the coronation of the God Emperor

>king nigger
We've never had a slav President tho

>In the present-day English language, the word nigger is an ethnic slur, usually directed at black people.
I guess he meant Barack Hussein Obama.

>Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee
this is the first time it dawned on me that Robert E Lee was a white guy named Lee. How did white guys get named Lee?

>hitler hated (((media))) so much

Are you fucking serious? dumb, dumb slav.

>Turns out the announcer actually pulled himself so as not to cause a "distraction."
Kek, he just didn't want to watch a UVA football game.

Gerry Sandusky, Baltimore Ravens play-by-play announcer never seemed to have much of a problem.

Kek

His bosses "asked" if he thought it would be inconvenient... and as we know, multibillion dollar corporations have a discrete and apologizing way of "suggesting" things to their employees.

>ESPN conseratives

>t’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue
>says the people who made it an issue

kek

Even in the ESPN shill press release, they said they bought the idea up to him. There's two possible responses:

1. He said yes because when you're a new employee, you don't say no when a bunch of suits asks you to do something.

2. He said ye, because while a silly idea in the first place, it really doesn't matter which c-tier game you call, as long as you're getting paid.

Let's just sit back and enjoy how ESPN managed to turn an effort to avoid 20 minutes of angry twitter barking into a full blown shitstorm.

t. ESPN representative

Fuck, this season is going to suck. All the announcers are going to play up these "controversial" statues at these schools/states.

NFL anthem "protests" are going to be in so many games now. I'm not watching any games live at all.

But you're supposed to love politics being forcibly injected into an apolitical sport.

>it's actually REAL

hahaha holy fuck these people have lost their freaking minds my god

>who is Joseph Goebbels

it's coincidental, Lee is an anglo/scottish name while Lee (whatever the Chinese character is) is a super common Han Chinese family name. It makes it funny to me that the etymology is completely different

they guy was clearly a nazi and has no business being on tv

Leaking the story was very mean to that guy desu

A new update on this, an internal ESPN memo. This story won't go away.

Of course it won't go away it's pointless culture war garbage

means we are at peak SJW and bombs are going to start maiming people.

>Obama wasn't even the worst President of the past 15 years, much less ever.

literally the worst since Wilson

Says the guy with half a LGBT flag.

Slavs make our niggers look like prime Aryan specimens.

Maybe ESPN is just too smart for Americans

>E!SPN Conservatives

You can't make this shit up. Looked like a decent shoop.