ITT overrated albums

I'll start

It is emotional, but boring and it's meh lyrically

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2u5uh0DZvuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm going to disagree with you personally, but I can understand where you're coming from

i'd say this is rated as it should be a lot of the time

No, no. It’s
>ITT: whiny boring bullshit

what the fuck are you even talking about

you just described every mount eerie album

fleet foxes entire discography

newfag

hahah BOOM ROASTED GOTTEM haha

anyone who calls someone else a newfag is likely new too

Shut the fuck up about all this faggotry and post albums that align with the OP, you guys are the worst

>obvious pick

OUT

What about it is overrated to you?

Reminder:
youtube.com/watch?v=2u5uh0DZvuo

kek

Probably my 2017 AOTY. I also think it's kind of boring but I honestly can't imagine the lyrics sounding different.

the fact that you think this album needs to be 'rated' at all so you can fit it onto some top 10 albums of 2017 list or whether into your personal catalogue or because you're trying to gauge the artistic value to assign some level of enjoyment to it shows you missed the entire point

elverum is doing something musicians should universally do - translates their emotions directly into music. it's not meant to be some musical masterpiece or illustrative poetry, it's meant to be raw feelings. you can't 'overrate' that in the same way a kendrick or DG album can be overrated

This is like 30 minutes too long and just kind of drones on. And I really liked Honeybear.

>it's meh lyrically
Nope.

Correct.

What the fuck user

well i kinda enjoyed it personally, but it's not as good as you'd expect from ratings
it's for one listen experience

its either boring and uninspired as fuck or irritatingly arrogant and basic, idk what people see in this.

its like a 3/10

Really doubt he was caring about making an entertaining album.

it shows

THIS

To be Kind is much better

this is the worst thing ive ever heard. if my ears could kill themselves they would.

Overrated
Perfectly rated
Overrated
Hella overrated
Overrated

>only one you find perfectly rated is the hip hop album
want to know how i know you're 12

this
i really tried to find some differences between this particular album and any other bullshit new age rap, and i still don't get why this fuckin album is so successful
also
>overrated albums
>no obvious pick

Worst material they've put out since GP. No idea how people rate in their top 3.

I think it's supposed to come off that way, he was trying to capture the unfiltered emotion of his situation, something he has been striving for since the start of his career, but more and more through the Mount Eeerie years, it is certainly the peak of that project so far.

it has a very aesthetically pleasing album cover and looks good on my charts

it's repulsive

Reverse the digit order and you'd be correct.
And it's only one of the hip hop albums.

The Seer is swans best, but it's no more than a 6/10.
Only slightly overrated, the huge amount of contrarians that exist actually almost make it perfectly rated.
Solid 9/10
Correct that is overrated

i like it album very much don't get me wrong, but i think it's not their magnum opus
i'm more of a Wish You Were Here kind of guy
another one
>controversial

>The Seer is swans best

this is a sick album my favourite so far maybe fuck u u probably thinkg jenny death is best album