Movie Sing is accused of racism because its gorilla characters are criminals

movie Sing is accused of racism because its gorilla characters are criminals.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4071692/Gorilla-gang-leader-jail-son-wants-sing-hip-hop-Animated-kids-movie-Sing-social-media-users-outraged-racist-stereotypes.html

Other urls found in this thread:

revelist.com/movies/gorillas-racist-stereotypes/4211
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Orcs in LOTR are pretty racist... unless they actually are resurrected elf corpses.

So... are these liberals saying... black people are gorillas?...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHH

You don't have to be a racist to see the subliminal stereotypes in the movie. I said the same thing to my gf when we saw the trailer for this in the movies.

Black people have for atleast a century been compared to monkeys, chimpanzees and gorillas. In this movie, it's not a panda or some other kind of animal like an orangutan made into a family of criminals with a father in jail. It's a black gorilla. You would have to be a moron to not be able to see this.

I gotta be honest though, that was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the trailer

lol.

>gorilla characters
You mean the black guys?

"stop calling them niggers"
"are you saying that by calling them niggers....they are niggers? *SMUG PEPE REACTION WHILE 50 GOONS FROM Sup Forums EJACULATE WITH PRAISES OF KEK"*

top notch rhetorical judo there cleetus

Shut the fuck up whitey and get back in the shed, yo wyfe scheduled an apoinment with me

You know they had this conversation during creation of the story and they thought making the gorillas trashy brits would be enough to avoid backlash

>get BTFO
>y-y-you're a cuck!

lmao

>referred to as gorillas

I haven't seen it specific to one race, unless perhaps you lived in the old Europe where most people were white.

Here in the US, everyone is called a monkey if they do monkey things.

They've only been called niggers here, which was an innocent word until it was somehow deemed bad.

Amazing. The first thing the Sup Forums mind jumps to is sex with a black guy. Really makes you think about what he meant by this.

Makes me think these racebaiting threads are for mouthbreathing retards from across the political spectrum tbqhwy

Arent all the fucking gorillas aussies? I work as a cinecuck in my and have briefly walked into the theatre twice when the gorilla was on and he had a full on shitposter accent

Why do liberals have to fuck everything. Would assuming this has anything to do with blacks make them the actual racists?

I immediately noticed the gorillas in jail when I saw the commercial on TV.

I'm going to disregard your opinion because you're a blatant and unashamed retard.

How long have you been in America? Is this your first day here?

I've seen white and black people referred to as monkeys here, in the media and socially.

The only people I see calling Africans here gorillas is themselves.

Sup Forums types use monkey/chimp, which people also use to refer to white people.

Are you the retard that doesn't interact with anyone?

The gorillas also have British accents.

So... Is it only racist to black Brits?

See I don't usually make these connections until someone points it out, and its usually "liberals" pointing it out.
Like in this case.

Me before seeing this article would have figured out that the reason Gorillas are in jail is because they are the biggest and baddest ape there is.
The hip hop part I get too.
Just like if you had a character that listened to metal it'd be a Satanist or something, a character that listens to hip hop would be a gang banger or the like.

Are the people that find these "racist" stereotypes actually the ones keeping them alive?

>Automatically associating black people with gorillas

That's fucking racist.

When I see a gorilla all I think about is gorillas.

>its a black gorilla

ALL GORILLAS ARE BLACK RETARD

BUT MUH SYSTEMATIC RACISM

guess what idiots, gorillas/apes/monkeys dont mean black people

This isn't something that I really considered when I first saw trailers for the movie. My first thought was, "Oh, that's smart that they used Gorillas because it's easier to animate them in ways that make sense to a human audience becuase of how similar their physiology is to ours!"

I guess you could say it's racist, but really you can say anything is racist if you reach enough. So I guess what I'm trying to say that something is racist, but that doesn't nessarily mean it's true.

The elephants where black people though...

>Are the people that find these "racist" stereotypes actually the ones keeping them alive?
No. In the past it was considered okay to called black people niggers even though it was always a term of racial prejudice. It was also considered normal and okay to segregate people, give them fewer rights based on color, or refuse them service despite being equal citizens on paper with money of equal value.

Just because you choose to remain ignorant or remain in a state of mind of "well that's just the way it is little Johnny" doesn't mean it's okay or acceptable.

Maybe people who lived during Jim Crow have said that today they now realize that it was wrong but back then it wasn't seen like that. Same way how the Irish, Italians, Russians etc etc are treated with equally today but not too long ago they were discriminated against, payed less, refused entry etc etc because "that's just the way it is" or atleast was.

The gorillas have British accents dude, calm down.

You calm down. The gorillas are stereotyped as being black, if this was not the case then would we be discussing it?

>inb4 HURR SSSDURR THE LIBERALS AND JEWS ARE AT IT AHGAINNN

Liberals were the first ones to compare the fictional gorillas to blacks. There's also no real indication from the creators that they are supposed to be black at all. As others have said, they have English accents and dress more like white people do in general.

This is the equivalent of opening an animal encyclopedia and blaming the author for photographing gorillas that you claim look like blacks.

>The gorillas are stereotyped as being black
How?
They have british accents and don't even dress/act like stereotypical blacks. I don't understand.

>Liberals were the first ones to compare the fictional gorillas to blacks.
Citation needed. Making erroneous claims because that's the way you FEEL is different than it actually being true. I could just as easily say "Conservatives were the first ones to compare the fictional gorillas to blacks" and you couldn't prove me wrong.

>le ebil lipburralls boogeyman JOOS AT IT AHAIN

>gorillas are voiced by white actors
>don't speak in ebonics, but have southern london accents
>liberals say its racist because gorillas look like blacks

Why are the left so delusional about their racism?

Thats even more fucking racist than the movie itself, they are the ones comparing Black People to Gorillas AND thugs.

>I don't understand.
NICE BAIT

Well if you don't understand, lack basic comprehension, or generally are retarded then there is no point in continuing this with you. Go back to your containment meme threads or board.

>they have English accents and dress more like white people do in general.

So your average black in the UK

You can tell this thread is full of americans

>You don't have to be a racist to see the subliminal stereotypes in the movie. I said the same thing to my gf when we saw the trailer for this in the movies.

>you don't have to be a racist
>I said the same thing to my gf when we saw the trailer

I've got bad news for you, user...

it's telling that a liberal, when seeing a gorilla that doesen't have any other feature reminding them of a nigger, will still think about niggers.
I guess they think planet of the apes is empowering to black men or some shit?

>UK blacks don't have their own form of ebonics and sound like white south londoners

You can tell this post was made by an American.

>dailymail

Clickbait bullshit, stop giving them attention and move on.

Nice virtue signalling, bud.

So do you have any actual reason for believing in the myth of biological equality? You know, besides "because it's right."

It's funny, since you're basically the poster child for the blissfully ignorant, indoctrinated youth that you claim to be the wiser of.

Explain to me how they're supposed to be black. I don't get it.
If they talked like the elephants, I would get it, but they don't. They have english accents. They don't act stereotypically black in the slightest. They even have elephants that act stereotypically black to compare them to.

>gorillas are niggers

wow reddit you sure showed us

>I said the same thing to my gf when we saw the trailer

what did her bull think about it?

then why does this thread exist?

>it's a black gorilla
whoa really?

revelist.com/movies/gorillas-racist-stereotypes/4211
Here's a post from a self-identified liberal drawing the comparison back in August.
>I could just as easily say "Conservatives were the first ones to compare the fictional gorillas to blacks" and you couldn't prove me wrong
Find an article from a conservative website that draws the comparison earlier, then.

Hmm let's see. What are some stereotypes of black people?

Rap. Thugs. Crime prevalent mindset or actions. Are commonly referred to as monkeys and gorillas. In Euro soccer games, crowds literally throw bananas at black players.

Let's see if we can match any of these real world stereotypes with any character in this movie.

Raps and wants to be involved in the hip hop music scene... Father is a thug and criminal who is pressuring his son to help him and follow in the family business... Conflicted between pursuing hip hop music or following his peers in because of growing up underprivelaged... Is a literal gorilla.

Ghee wizz, I think I found a character and characters who all of these real world stereotypes that do exist match up.

It's the gorilla character and black people.

Next thing you retards will suggest is that acknowledging that stereotypes exist is racist in of itself even if you don't believe in it but are aware of racist mentalities that prevail and propagate these stereotypes because you are not a retarded unaware oblivious douche.

>the pigs are stereotypical white people
>pigskin is an actual insult that darkies came up with against white people
>but its the gorillas with english accents that is racist

He's implying you're a cuck, genius.

Yeah I am a racist. That's why I said that to her. I don't want social justice, I merely pointed out to her that the gorillas are meant to be black people. What's the problem? Am I supposed to pretend they are not obviously black people?

there is literally nothing wrong with portraying gorillas as criminals
there is nothing even slightly racist about it

the gorillas arent voiced by black people

the gorillas dont dress like black people

the gorillas arent black people

I realize black people are perpetually victims in your world view, but nobody here gives a fuck. fuck off.

So black people are basically apes / gorillas, thanks for confirming the stereotypes liberals!

lmao even fucking niggers admit they look like apes.

Go back to Sup Forums

I never made an argumemt for biological equality you trailer trash hick. Learn to read.

That seems pretty racist of you. Do you associate that lifestyle to be representative of the entire black culture? Are there not kids that face this predicament? Aren't they the ones we should be trying to reach? Or should they all be rich white people so you'd be happy?

I think it's safe to say that the movie developers didn't set out to create some parallel calling blacks gorillas. So you're not really mad that someone made did so, you're mad that they didn't anticipate you making the connection and getting pissed.

Because in today's world it's not enough to just be inoffensive, you have to actively anticipate what hysterical SJW faggots like yourself might find offensive and censor yourself accordingly.

but that would only be racist if someone watching the movie identified gorillas with black people.

The penguins in Madagascar were mobsters. Is that racist to italians, or eskimos?

To be fair, user, we all look like apes.

Do you want to know a secret, user? Humans are apes!

funny point, I've never seen Italians complain en masse about being portrayed as criminal murderers

Yeah but niggers are the most apeish.

but they are gorillas? what exactly are the liberals complaining about?

I'm not even gonna touch the flagrant retardation of this post.

>Aren't they the ones we should be trying to reach? Or should they all be rich white people so you'd be happy?
No they should try reaching out to those black people that's why they made the gorillas black people.

Humans are hominids, not apes. "Ape" isn't a biological classification.

Italian criminal here, no Point in complaining

>gets rekt
>tries to cover it up
fedorable

dude there criminals!! the sterotype is that all blacks are criminals. therefore the gorillas are racist

I'm a conservative and when I first saw it I thought they made the gorillas black people. This was months ago, I never read any article, and this is the first time seeing a thread here about it. I don't browse Sup Forums all the time.

was Harambe black?

is dat wy dey shot him xD???

>trailer trash hick

You should stop using that as an insult; it's bigoted and prejudiced and makes you as bad as the people you're arguing

t.poor white country color blind individual

If you think the songs that Johnny sings are "hip hop", you need to get your fucking ears checked.

>You like sushi? Racist!
>You do yoga? Racist!
>You find a person attractive? Sexist!
>Gorilas in jail? Racist!
I swear, how can people take them seriously anymore?

How the fuck is enjoying Sashimi racist now?

w-what

It's not the 2000s anymore Grandpa, hip hop isn't all 50 cent music.

You do realize that Hominidae is commonly know as "The Great Ape" family, right?

cultural appropriation of japanese cusine

Even if it's made by a japanese family?

Cultural appropriation, shitlord
If you do anything that isn't "white", it's wrong
You have the liberals to thank for that

That's pretty racist if people are implying that people should stick to there own culture because of there skin color in all honesty.
Who knew SJWs are racist as fuck.

So that includes Elton John? Did you even see the movie?

IDENTITY POLITICS IS HELPING US

SOON THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE AS SNUG AND COMFY AS MY BEDROOM

ALL THE MINORITIES IN THE WORLD ARE 100% COMPRISED OF GREAT AND INCORRUPTIBLE PEOPLE WHO WOULD NEVER VIE FOR POWER IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY

The best part is that no one can see the irony in that
Back then, racial segregation was bad and now it's "safe space"

This reminds me when people called George Lucas an anti Semite because Watto in Phantom Menace had a big crooked nose and was obsessed with money.

So.. the liberals are saying Jewish people have big noses and are obsessed with money?

i know it's memes and everything but if you honestly think like this you should end your life

History always has the last laugh.

All these young self-righteous kids think they're continuing the spiritual legacy of the 60s hippy freedom movement when in truth they are closer to the 50s catholic boycotters: these neo-puritans have gone full circle right around to being some bizarre hyper-capitalistic form of those 50s book burning leagues and they're too lost up their own assholes to see it.

When identity politics dies I shall poo poo pee pee all over it as a parting gesture.

>i know it's memes and everything
It's not memes.

Watto literally looks like a Jew and yes the Phantom Menace was criticized for this

He looks more like an Arab in all honesty,

>He looks more like an Arab in all honesty,
are you fucking serious?

Arab, Jew, same fucking thing.

Jews and Arabs are very closely related, they're both Semitic races.

Basically the same person

George is just mad that the only good SW movie was because of Jews

i want to fuck that gorilla

They... they were Gorillas?

Well fuck me.

No. They're saying becauae black people are usually criminals, portraying criminals as gorillas is racist as fuck because you're saying black people are gorillas.

Fucking Sup Forums idiot.

Literally this.