Does it bother you when people treat dead celebrities like they were the next Jesus?

Does it bother you when people treat dead celebrities like they were the next Jesus?

All over my social feed I see people virtue signaling how much they loved Carrie Fisher and how great she was. Wtf? All she did was show up in a bikini in a movie 30 years ago! She has literally not done anything notable since then.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FtxqohNtLIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No I just ignore it
If it bothers you that's weirder

Most people have spent more time with Carrie Fisher, visa vie watching the Star Wars movies, than they have their own cousins. The brain will develop an emotional attachment to that regardless of how silly it is.

Get better friends.

Fisher fucked her fans. If you cousins didn't have sex with you, pity them.

>saying you're sad someone you liked died is "treating them like they were the next Jesus"
judging from your unironic use of virtue signaling I'm going to guess you're a Sup Forumstard which makes that statement even more retarded

I thought of her more as a wacky aunt than as Princess Leia.

people will cry about it with others in social media because they have the need to be a part of something

why's everybody getting so worked up about Peter Griffin's boss dying?

wtf she became jabba

This is as funny as when Paul Walker died a couple years ago and all the Mexicans/third world shitters were basically bursting into treats for days. I'm not even trying to be edgy with that statement.

I don't understand how you can get so emotionally invested into someone you have never met in your life, no matter how many times you watched any of their movies.

are their lives THAT empty that they feel the need to express their sadness to thousands of other random facebook/twitter people?

Well Jesus came back from the dead.

>Her last tweet
What did she mean by this?

Her 30 Rock character wasn't that far from the truth.

You're exaggerating. She had a lot of fans who enjoyed seeing her in movies (not just Star Wars. Yes she was in other movies) and they're sad that she died so they just want to say how much they liked her, whether or not she has done anything "notable" since Star Wars.

i mean it's clear she died at 60 from doing non stop blow in her youth

not gonna garner a lot of sympathy from me like we lost some HERO

Damn I never realized it was her.

I only felt bad for Paul Walker. Usually they're old as shit or drug addicts

>be typical hollywood starlet
>fuck everyone, do tons of drugs
>develop mental health problems
>die
>people worship the ground you walk on cuz MUH NOSTALGIA

>kill jabba
>later become jabba
pottery
bravo george

youtube.com/watch?v=FtxqohNtLIg

>All over my social feed
Here's your problem, faggot.

You're as much of a child as they all are, mentally.

Yup, worst part is they wouldn't have giving a fuck about them on any giving day but when they die now they choose to come out as big fans of their works even though they were mediocre. Would love to see more of a negative opinion towards celebrities who committing suicide to make it look more cool for their careers, if I remember when Robin Williams died the Dutch media really hated the fact he did that.

They copped a lot of shit for this back in the day when they were completely right, although I don't think Carrie was an outright arsehole.

>Would love to see more of a negative opinion towards celebrities who committing suicide to make it look more cool for their careers, if I remember when Robin Williams died the Dutch media really hated the fact he did that.
What the fuck is wrong with the Dutch? He killed himself because he was nutso.

>That time Adam Hills jumped on Joan River's death purely for attention after completely and utterly shitting on her for making fun of Adele
There is not a more sycophantic, stuck up piece of shit in the entertainment business. Absolutely no integrity at all. You can keep him, England.

>virtue signaling

misusing buzzwords you see parroted on the 4chins won't really get you anywhere

>le fuck 2016

>England
He's a convict, mate. Are all you yanks this terrible with accents?

people chimping out about celebrities dying any celebrity is pretty fucking weird to me period

If all of Hollywood died tomorrow I wouldn't give a fuck and I'm not even saying that out of malice either

i remember when news broken that Anna Nicole Smith died and I saw girls crying about it in my student lounge at uni it truly boggled my mind

don't you have a favourite actor or personality whose untimely death you would be disappointed to learn of?

>Does it bother you when people treat dead celebrities like they were the next Jesus?
Not really, I'm not some maladjusted piece of shit who gets all hot and bothered when other people get attention, especially not dead people. Do you hate the world when someone other than you gets praise or attention, user? Is your constant stream of nothing unfulfilling and upsetting?

Read what I said again.
I know he's Australian, you idiot, I am one. He just said that shit on his English show and seems to be more popular over there.

>Mexicans
>bursting into treats

>Does it bother you when people treat dead celebrities like they were the next Jesus?
yes. it's a sign of a lost society.

It's annoying, doubly so when 2 or more die in quick succession and you get metalhead mad normies are more sad about rickman than lemmie or carrie fisher than the dude who wrote watership down, but yeah FBPB, people are gonna do it regardless why let it get to me?

Unless they were tortured to death I really wouldn't think twice about it. I simply can't recreate the thought process that requires you to mourn for a person you never interacted with.

I'd be pretty sad if Thomas Pynchon or David Lynch died, more disappointed by the fact that normies will pretend to like their works even though they wouldn't have cared about them before their deaths.

Nope, I'm not 12. Here's the general template for getting through adult life.

>retarded woman at the office, coffee shop, bus stop, proctology waiting room
>"Oh, did you hear about X"
>Yes, I did.
>"Ooh, isn't it a shame"
>Yeah, I liked them in Y.

You are now done with your small talk about the latest celeb death, and you can proceed to instantly forget about it. The highest grief can possibly get about some fucking actor who hasn't had a role I cared about in 20 years is "oh, that's a bit of a shame FOR THEIR FAMILY".

it's worse when it's a star wars actor. we've had that shit shoved down our throat for almost 2 decades, it's fucking infuriating the amount that shit has been pushed to make money, people are rightfully angry that it is continued to be pushed, and probably that people are having a "sincere" personal reaction is pretty irritating.

wut

Been happening for the longest time. No problem with people who actually knew them personally making public statements, but when every Joe and Pauline start making these asinine comments as if they knew the deceased personally, it just comes off as pathetic.

Who cares, they're only Americans. And nobody ausfag is famous enough for anyone to give a shit.

I'm going to miss her twitter shitposting.
Still kind of weird to think she's dead, I'm not that sad but it's kind of depressing knowing she and her mom died a day apart from each other, shit must be rough for the family.

I still miss him.

And I'll be sad to Mel Gibson go, if he counts as an Australian in your eyes.

because famous star wars actors die all the time, right? fisher is literally the first of the big 3 (hamill, ford, fisher) to die, and she died suddenly and expectedly at fucking 60. then her world famous mother dies the next day. they were longtime icons of popular culture and beloved worldwide. people form attachments to them even if they didn't know them personally. that's just how it is

and at least it's innocently obnoxious, unlike people mourning over dead presidents and other mass murderers

why should anyone care about star wars? it's a children's movie, I honestly have lowered respect for people that treat star wars with revere.

well, i feel the same way about lord of the rings and harry potter. but what can you do

Well, that "love" thing is dumb famewhore attention, but she did a lot of notable things, she script doctored almost everything that Lucas done (the shitty Prequels would be even more garbage without her co work on the scripts), also Lethal Weapon 3 and so on.

cry me a river

she wrote like ten books and an award winning screenplay

ah, a lotr pleb. no wonder you're so triggered by the tributes for fisher

carry on

well, you're the one emotionally attached to a children's sitcom so i don't really care.

Like a pinata?

>mfw my gf wanted to do the gay memorial drive
It's a sickness of the mind

>t. lotrbaby

That's because you literally have some kind of social disorder like autism, from the sounds of it.

Carrie Fisher did more good for this world than jesus. OP is a misogynist.

>ng knowing she and her mom died a day apart from each other

>It's real

>Fisher fucked her fans
shhh the normies don't know this

btw if Carrie is looking down on us, she'd be laughing at that tweet that Steve Martin had to delete.

She lived the most fullest and funnest life seriously so she in no way would find that offensive.

That thing with Walker was really beyond ridiculous, he was a shitty C Movie Actor you hired if Brad Pitt was too expensive. He gave horrible performances on screen and he died because he was a shitty douchebag who drove way more faster than he was allowed and killed not only him, but also his Passenger. Glad there was no Children there.

I get that she does this to get past the word count but this seems like way more work than just writing two posts both for her and whoever is trying to figure out what the fuck they're reading.

>virtue signaling
It's called empathy user
Why do I get the feeling you're a contrarian edgelord?

>All she did was show up in a bikini in a movie 30 years ago! She has literally not done anything notable since then.

the real Pynchon died shorty after Against the Day was published user

Yeah she struck me as being a total bro, she seemed to embrace when people made fun of her coke binges and probably enjoyed being back in the limelight over the past couple years.

I hope her pupper is alright, poor little dude.

>be Steve Martin
>see that an old friend of yours has died
>you really liked her and thought she had an amazing personality paired with talent
>realise now that she's gone how much you'll miss her
>in your grief decide to venture into the world of social media to share how special you thought your friend was
>SJWs come out in force to defend Carrie Fisher "on her behalf" despite you knowing her PERSONALLY
>get shit on by a horde of SJWs consistently while you're still mourning the loss of a good friend
>decide to delete your tweet to be alone with your grief since you realize you're alone either way now
>at least you're not being called a sexist pig anymore

>Newfag doesn't know the bursting in to treats maymay

noooo

But people aren't sad that she's dead. People are hysterical. They're acting like 2016 was the worst year of their lives because some people from movies or music died.

are they?

what did it say?

Yes. Celebrity death is not only a vapid topic, it's also a boring one. This kind of pretentious loathing so many feel like doing for actors they never met is ridiculous, especially when such people are involved with in an industry based around money laundering, drugs, and nepotism.

I'm with 's template. Unless there is something remarkable or questionable about the death, people really shouldn't be taking this kind of stuff past a minute or two.

Bullshit. It was almost exclusively white kids who idolized street racing and shit. No one in the 3rd world gave a single fuck.

yes, but its mostly because of this guy

>All she did was show up in a bikini in a movie 30 years ago
good enough for me
also, she was our princess

not yet, huh

nice try, but watch this

Hillary is next

>some people from movies or music died.

David Bowie
Alan Rickman
Abe Vigoda
Prince
nuChekov
R2D2
Gene Wilder
the fag who sang "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)"
Leonard Cohen
the fag who sang "Last Christmas"
Princess Leia

That guy is so British it physical hurts to watch that shit.

>He asks on fucking Sup Forums

Are you new here?

You do realize this board had such diehard fans and waifuists that the idea of a /cel/ board was floating around several times over the last five years?

Specifically speaking on Carrier Fisher, for many of us she's an iconic part of our childhoods. Gene Wilder hasn't done shit in almost 20 years but I'm sure you can imagine that the outpouring of grief isn't just "virtue signaling" or whatever the fuck that means.

Worshiping celebrities is a sign of cultural malaise. People also unworthy of worship include athletes.

Why does nobody think statesmen, doctors, and police are heroes anymore? People would rather give their love to people who create "fake" things instead of improving the lives of others.

>Why does nobody think statesmen, doctors, and police are heroes anymore?
probably because most of them are scumbags, criminals and murderers

>probably because most of them are scumbags, criminals and murderers

When we live in an age of internet news, the sheer abundance of information makes things look worse than they actually are. I don't think anyone is perfect, but I do think that if anyone wants to think cops are bad, there's enough online information to satisfy their confirmation bias.

Get over it. People dying sucks, but I envy those fuckers because they don't have to share a planet with mouthbreathers like you any longer.

Vis a vis

Yes. Almost no one gave a fuck when Phillip Seymour Hoffman died or Robin Williams.

All of a sudden turbo whore Carrie Fischer and fucking DEBBIE REYNOLDS (known to anyone under 40 as the grandmother in Halloweentown) pass away and people are ready to kill themselves.

At least Phillip was a good actor.

Robin Williams had a ton of people crying wtf are you talking about?

>almost no one gave a fuck when Robin Williams died

Are you even trying dude?

Fucking glad she's dead quite frankly, fuck that noise.

She's in hell.

People really shouldn't use foreign phrases if they don't know what they mean.

irrelevant
irrelevant
old
drug addict
overrated
old
old
who cares?
old
who?
drug addict

>2016 was a terrible year because a few famous showbiz people died and I was led, since childhood, to identify with them and I did so due to my limited intellectual skills that make me inescapably vulnerable to conforming forces

mfw too intelligent to mourn some inconsequential entertainer

I mean, there were people actively shitting on him and his career after he died. People are defintely more religious about these two deaths than they are his.

Are you fucks even trying? My facebook wall is plastered with Carrie. Robin was "so-so" to a lot of people (myself excluded).

Damn didn't even hear about Richard Adams dying :(

>Sup Forums whining endlessly about people whining

>I'm now whining about the whining of the people whining.

How about you break the cycle, and keep you dumb faggy complaints to yourself.