Died at 27

>died at 27
>great guitarist

Yet no one mentions him ever. Its always Cobain, Hendrix, Morrison and Winehouse

Why is this?

/thread

literally who?

because who the hell is that

no one cares about fatties

cause he was an independent musician.

Because he didn't commit suicide or die of drug abuse. It was a complete accident. And also Minutemen aren't nearly as popular as those other artists. Still very unfortunate he's not mentioned as much though.

Because he's as ugly as a sheep eating a stack of bubble gum made from paint?

Besides what’s been said about his fame, their last album is such a wet fart that most people don’t see it as as big of a tragedy that he died.

Spotted the music plebs

Morrison got fat, so did Elvis. Why is Winehouse considered more legendary than D.Boon?

The Minutemen sadly isn't for everyone. D Boom honestly would be happy he wasn't memorialized beyond his group of friends and people who love the music.

why are you here?

WORKING MEN ARE PISSED
ARE PISSED

>Why is Winehouse considered more legendary than D.Boon?
Because her music was vastly more popular?
Don't get me wrong, I love the Minutemen but it's not really hard to figure out why people like Winehouse or Cobain are more revered.
this is part of it too

such a misfortunate way to go.

....I'm glad D Boon died. THANK GOD he's dead....

>Why is Winehouse considered more legendary than D.Boon?
Tell me when Minutemen has ever made an album as culturally relevant as Back to Black, as opposed to being an influence to some bigger Indie/Alternative/Punk bands and utterly obscure outside of Rock music.

Why do you guys think they followed up Double Nickels with such a comparatively mediocre album? Did they just run out of ideas or did they plan on going back to more unusual stuff after an album that was at least partly a tribute to some of their favorite classic rock?

>rnb pop vs actually playing an instrument

Hmm

>release a near perfect album that's 43 songs long
>people wonder why the follow up wasn't good

That wasn't really my point. I don't blame them for the album being inferior, there are very few rock bands that have released multiple masterpieces. But I've never understood why they seemed to abandon the style that they used so well on Double Nickels.

if you released 3 albums worth of material all at once you wouldn't want to play that style again either.

this

I fucking love double nickles but god damn is it hard to listen to the whole thing

That makes a lot of sense actually. It's a shame but I could completely understand if that was their reasoning.

Talent isn't even a question here. If it were, I'd support Minutemen until the end of time. But being a great guitarist means nothing when your albums fail to garner any significant attention outside underground/indie audiences. Back to Black was objectively a more memorable album because it managed to sound simple, yet emotional without sacrificing artistic merit. Minutemen simply couldn't make an album as omnipotent without sacrificing the integrity of its music. And plus, alternative music was still at its early stages during the 80s. It couldn't appeal to both mainstream and independent audiences, until Nevermind.

Nirvana is power pop trash though

AS I LOOK OVER THIS BEAUTIFUL LAND
I CAN'T HELP BUT REALIZE
THAT I
AM
ALONE

Lel