One of these is miles better than the other, which one is it?

one of these is miles better than the other, which one is it?

Probably dopethrone desu

b-but I love both desu

A CHALLENGER APPEARS.........

Dopesmoker should go up on the next golden record.

Dopethrone

Honestly, I think these albums are hard to compare as while they are in the same genre, they basically shoot for completely different things and both achieve their own goals in spectacular fashion. Dopesmoker is a lot more hypnotic and mellow, and desu almost religious and meditative. Compare that to the more satanic, campy, and sludgy Dopethrone, and you realize that it's just a different beast.

Both are 10/10s to me, but if I had to pick something to smoke up too for the rest of life. I'm picking Dopesmoker every time. The record just knows exactly what I want to hear. Every time I listen to it, it just has the perfect structure to and build up to make me want to listen to more and more, until the ride is over. Then when it is over, I feel like I can start it over right again, and find corners I've never experienced before. I can do a lot of those things with Dopethrone, but Sleep just hit's everything I want just slightly better than the tones of Electric Wizard

smoker... fucking IDIOTS

Why can't people talk about stoner metal that doesn't involve these two bands or bongripper

the vocals on dopethrone are just too good, sorry

Name one (1) stoner metal album remotely as good as Dopesmoker or Dopethrone.

Akimbos entire discography

Blues for the Red Sun, or any other kyuss, really.

The answer I was looking for was Dopethrone. Thanks for playing.

Further by Solace

Wrong

Im agreeing

Dopethrone. The single long song thing is just boring. That's why I prefer Sleep's Holy Mountain.

idk but holy mountain is miles better than both

Ripped it so many times to this.

Patrician taste.

How did sleep have so much talent in one band? Not only do we have the pretty incredible sleep discography, but when they split into Om and HoF they created TWO pretty much flawless discographies simultaneously in almost completely different styles.

Pleb taste

truf

ahem

>also

>also also

I wish I saw these albums posted about more lately on /mu it’s been a bit.
But I’d say I favor Dopethrone. They both are soo damn good. I just feel that Dopethrone is absolutely essential. I listen to soo much other Doom and sludge but it all started with Dopethrone. I have found soo many good albums but nothing seems to surpass the quality of Dopethrone. The sound is just so perfected. And it’s sad that not even any other Electric Wizard albums come close to the distinct style of Throne. I fucking love it.

Come my Fanatics is the real answer

are you even trying

THIS

>implying that dopethrone is better than dopesmoker

Neither. Holy Mountain is better than Dopesmoker and Come My Fanatics is better than Dopethrone.

In general while EW has some killer tracks, Sleep is more consistent with the quality. However EW has made albums and thus they outperform in variety, but Sleep outperforms in quality. Besides, Sleep’s derivatives (HoF ans Om) are better than most of EW’ stuff

So I’d pick Sleep.

Even Bongripper is nice to hear about compared to Sleep or Wiz

Hot take: Holy Mountain is pretty ass apart from the first two tracks and the title track.

Monolord is underrated. It’s also WAY heavier than EWizard

It's also waaay dull and falls totally flat for me.

>not liking From Beyond and Evil Gypsy

holy mountain is better than both