/asean/

Melayu edition

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com.my/news/nation/2014/04/07/drones-may-have-found-treasure-ship-sunken-portuguese-galleon-sighted-in-java-sea/
youtube.com/watch?v=XfnG251YluQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that Filipinas belongs in /lat/

Encik tau tak kalau kite orang ni bangge menjadi bangse Melayu?

Why do leftists almost never say anything about China? China is taking away our land, bullying our fishermen, and building bases and military installations on our territory. And yet the best they do is a half-hearted and hollow criticism, if they even bother to say anything at all. Most of the time they are so silent that it's deafening.

tell me about melayu culture

Peninsular or Sumatran?

both

why do you keep asking questions you already know the answer too?

The Melayu identity can be traced back into the Buddhist Srivijaya times, they were the inhabitants of Melayu river in Jambi, Sumatra. Though, the Melayu nowadays are heavily influenced by the Malacca sultanate and other Islamic sultanates in Malaya peninsula and Sumatra. Apparently the term "malay" can also refer to the whole Austronesian people, thanks to those damned Anglo anthropologists.
As for the real ethnic Malay, they predominantly exist on the peninsula itself, eastern part of Sumatra, and Northern Borneo. Now describing the detail of a large culture can be tedious and time consuming so it's better for you to point the specific part of Malayan culture.

why did the malays abandon buddism

Hindu and Bhuddist coexist during that time, but before the Sultanate times the major religion was Hindu because of the Javanese Hindu Majapahit empire toppled the hegemony of Malaya Buddhist Srivijaya empire. In case of Islamization, it happen because of the Arab and Gujarat merchants brought Islamic influence into the Hindu region, which at that time was starting to lose their influence. The transition was done peacefully by assimilating the local culture with Islamic way of life. So not Inquisition shit.

Its a broad term ranging from folks who live by the sea to austronesian mixed with negritos. General colonial terms here is coast dwelling austronesian who are subjects of the local sultanate.

As well as locals tired of their buddhist neighbors demanding men and golden flower for endless Siam vs Burma wars as well as raiding for slaves when payment could nor be done.

I know about Bunga Mas tribute but why does it have to be a literal golden flower? Coins or ingots are more practical.

For example the current PM Jibby and also the leader of the malay nationalist is actually a Bugis.

Beats me, ask Siam that question. If pay is not done on time thousands end up worked to death building the Bangkok canals and the southern kingdoms like Pattani got extra fucked when they got ANGLO'D just a century ago and still bitter.

Also the king and the govt erased the gory parts of history for the most part, most records of that time can only be learned from bong travellers and captains.
Pretty much all the horrible things and treachery are summed as 'and there was a fight' in the local books.

Why are Bugis people so prominent in Malaysia? Here they are just one of many ethnic groups nothing so special about them. But I can understand about Minang people having a colony in Negeri Sembilan because they are "perantau."

When a king dies the bugis would come offering support and playing kingmaker.
Never trust the perfidious bugis, we build forts specifically to deter them.

Really? Build fortifications and dig moats just to deter some Bugis? Here the Bugis people aren't nationally labeled with that trait, but it maybe because there just not much of them and they mainly stay in Sulawesi.

aesthetic and as a symbol of wealth.

They are an actual concern when at the same time there is rival kingdom Aceh just across the strait.

>in 1511 Malacca sultanate fell when it was besieged by the Portuguese
>meanwhile the Aceh sultanate resisted the colonialists until the beginning of 20th century

wasn't they have sort of agreement with Dutch?
and they're annexed by betrayers of J*v*

>it's another Pinoys and their diaspora thread

The Dutch had and agreement with Britain about separating the colonial ownership of Sumatra and Aceh was under the Britain. Until the agreement was nullified and the Dutch got full ownership of Sumatra in exchange for a patch of land in Africa. The Aceh rebelled and the whole country was besieged by the Dutch in late 19 century, thus the sultan lineage ended in the 1903.

I don't know about Java annexation though.

They got an armored charge at a bridge, fuggen Yurop heavy halberds man normal spears are not effective against that as well as treacherous merchants.
The A famosa fort is also almost invincible, it took the dutch fleet's sacrifice to take down their fleet and Johor skirmish burning down the rice fields before going Allah Akbar+Deus Vult tag team on Portugal and their samurai.

You don't have anything on the Siam-French wars?
We didn't learn much on that part.

I think I've made a grave mistake. Sorry.
I got confuse on the social revolution of Sumatra.
gomenasai

And they burned the grandiose palace of Malacca Sultanate, utterly failed to convert the Malays (unlike a certain spic colony here), ruining the whole economic trade of the region by such a fuck up that undermines the whole point of the war.

>Pinoy thread
>dominated by Malays and Indons
Huh?

good evening

Are you a real Polynesian? Do you like spam? Want to join ASEAN?

Because based Ming BTFO them so hard they went to Japan which is why there are missionaries during warring states era.
Also comically Alfonso got greedy he overloaded his Flor de la mar with loot from Malacca and gifts from Javanese sultans who are happy a rival is down then hit a reef around Sumatera and sank his ship along with at least 2.6billion burger points worth of treasures.
Iberians and their greed, top kek.

Last I heard about the wreck was 2014.
thestar.com.my/news/nation/2014/04/07/drones-may-have-found-treasure-ship-sunken-portuguese-galleon-sighted-in-java-sea/
Supposedly during the fall the sultan also hid treasures in a hidden cave on an island offshore from Malacca but there is ancient magic at work.

>loot from Malacca and gifts from Javanese sultans
>Flor de la Mar still lies undiscovered in the seabed
We can borrow the high tech submarines and split off the gold!

The only thing that can do underwater retrieval in the region would be our MV Mega Bakti submarine rescue vessel and the one used by Singapore.
As for ones on land it might be Pulau Nangka but you need 16th century tier dispel magic wizard.

Can you really scour the whole strait with high tech sonar or use aerial drones to detect the visual location of the shipwreck?
Maybe we can rely on Raja Bomoh's coconut magic as usual.

Scouring can be done by navy hydrography vessel but they have to patrol the Malacca strait all the time to ensure nobody end up taking a mine,stuck on sediment or hit a shipwreck.
Finding and lifting gold from seabed is another thing, its not the same as divers retrieving aircraft black boxes. Only sub rescue vessel carry mini subs and drones and equipped with cable to do that kind of job. Both Mega Bakti at Lumut naval base and Swift Rescue in Singapore are the only ones in the region and on standby to save downed ships, aircraft or submarines in the region since they are registered as civilian ship despite answering to the navy.
You can't have your firetrucks going treasure hunting right?

Those sunken ships are protected by high tier magic, Fairy Sphere.

So what's stopping you from claiming the booty?

But Raja Bomoh wasn't called "Raja" for nothing, right?

Can't we sacrifice some virgins to summon kraken or leviathan?

Because [spoiler]they're funded by the Chinks to destabilize our country and now they have a puppet sitting in the president's seat[/spoiler]

A lot of funds and supplies are needed for such expedition and we can't just waltz into Indonesian waters and start lifting stuff right? What would the Indonesian navy and public say?
With only two such ships they need to be ready to assist, if a Vietnamese sub got stuck the govt can't go 'sorry guys we busy being kangz now' and leave everyone to drown.

He can't dispel the MH370's veil so no.
We don't have kraken or leviathan. At least a garuda or maybe a sea dragon (pic related) are more possible.

Good morning /asean/
Also

Yes, the cost would be exorbitant. Maybe you can ask our gov politely for treasure recovery permission, lest you get mistaken as fish thief and get bombed.Also, other country may want to lend their subs for a portion of the loot.

What is his most notable accomplishment really?

>champa dragon
Wouldn't ancient vietcongs wipe them out during genocide on chams?

Bugis were mercenaries for Sultans (eg in time of civil war or actual war with foreigners). After the war is over they'd demand they payment and if the Sultan can't pay, they'd usually be given land to rule over. They were known as warriors. The biggest and most famous silat organisation in Malaysia is Silat Gayong, a silat introduced by Datuk Meor (a Bugis).

Because there are no brotherhood in Hindu-Buddhist. When Malays were Hindu-Buddhist they were attacked and invaded by Thai (Buddhist) and Chola (Hindu).

We didn't kill all of them, many fleed to Cambodia or displaced. Now we use their stuffs as tourist baits.

The Sultan made a tactical retreat to Johor and established Johor Sultanate which end up having a more flourisihing port than Malacca. Malacca used to be the whole peninsula + east sumatera but Portuguese only manage to gain a small land (today's Malacca state) but in their colonisation map they marked the whole peninsula as theirs lel. Also it all went back to how Malays were very small in numbers back then. When Javanese mercenaries switched to Portuguese side, there goes the bulk of Malaccan forces (plus betrayal from Indian and Chinese traders that gave Portuguese small perahus and secret of the fortification).

He gave the title to himself. No one knows who he is before the incident. He just went to the airport where he knows a lot of reporters were there for publicity and we ended up with "hurr durr malaysia so backward believing in shaman" on world news.

Basically this.

>mfw it's not raining anymore

what is the most aesthetic asean language?

youtube.com/watch?v=XfnG251YluQ
>tfw will never had a fantaji geimu based on this region because "elo ini maling muh budaya and shiet"

Chinese

If I'm not mistaken he first appeared during a heli crash in Sarawak's triangle of doom and claimed the helicopter was hidden by fairies.
Special forces search party found the wreck after a sweep since it was buried by fallen trees during the crash.

Yeah

>Majapahit can't stop attacking Srivijaya even though both were Hindus
>Srivijaya collapsed
>The heir of Srivijaya establish Malaccan Sulatanate
>Embrace Islam
>Send missionaries to whole Nusantara including Java
>Some Javanese converted to Islam and establish Demak Sultanate
>Demak Sultanate finally cause the collapse of Majapahit
>Former enemy (Majapahit, now become Demak) now become best friends to Malacca (formerly Srivijaya)

how did you know this i thought that malays didnt have writings before the europeans

>i thought that malays didnt have writings before the europeans
then you're quite wrong. quite plenty of them and also in major civilisations like those to the east and those to the west. they're all just waiting to be dig up and translated. europeans are the destroyer and bunch of robbers.

Almost every tribes have their own writings + adaptation from Indian script. When Islam came to Malacca we switched to Arabic script with a few added alphabet to suit our language.

Look up tanjung tanah code of law.

What do you mean by this

About 1/3 of all historical Malay manuscript is in London.

Melayu mna? Busy otw nk balek dari keje ke?

are vietnam girls cute?

do you have yellow fever, huenigger?

no but show me pics of malaysia,good ones.

at work, if you're white, you already have yellow fever.

seeing one will confirm your affliction, huenigger

This is me

>i'm white
>so you are huenigger
well nice manners.
if malaysian girls are cute like that,then you guys are lucky.

I'm not of those majority where they are shy and reserved why it comes to socializing with a foreigner.

I had a Brazilian hermano, he's from Sao Paolo, couldn't help whenever he saw a chinese chick walk pass by him.

All he thought was "bundas, bundasas, bundaleiros"

i wont deny,it's common here but brazilian girls are diverse so maybe he wanted to find something more exotic but with brazilian "body"?
maybe he didn't study enough but i don't remember chinese girls having big asses,they are not chun-li.

No, he was especially enraptured by having that piece of yellow meat on his caralho

well,i can't talk much about sao paulo citizens,they come here to throw trash on my beach,their city stinks and the violence is quite high.
it looks like he teached you a lot of brazilian slangs.
hmm /asea/ anons are more social than the /weaboo/ thread made of american otakus and
overworked japaneses.
i'm not surprised.

oye, mano, he was alright tho, smokes Marlboro, likes vodka.

And boy, he sure likes bundas, every week is like going to church, he always bring back some bundasas.

>UMA DELICIA

well they are everywhere here so it's natural.

we were quite shocked when we first saw that,it's not common here.

always wanted to go to Brasil, but not Sao Paolo, even though la praia is beautiful, the crime is a turn off for me

I've always wanted to go to the city of god.

pastu jadi apa? Max Payne 3?

there is no better city than my city santos,the crime rate is much lower than sao paulo and it's still a good city.
são paulo have a huge ass traffic,but it's the main hub for opportunity and business.

maybe somewhere that has the temperature about 27-30 celsius. Couldn't stand below 16 celsius though

santos is a beach city,25-26 is too cold to us, 36 is ok. but nowadays try spring or autumn,the temperature is more balanced.

oye, bueno, but nada dinheiro, mano

Brazilfag, you still here? What do Brazilians currently think of F1?

Nak jadi cam Lil Z

Formula 1?the moment we lost ayrton senna is the moment we lost interest in F1.
felipe massa is not exactly good enough.

What about Neymar? Do Brazilians like Neymar?

he is busy now with the spanish,the days of normal team and one super player are over,the germans proved it,but it's still common in the national games.

you guys are cool but it's 7am here and it's time for me to go to uma delicia land now.

Oh yeah, what about Temer? I read that he recently avoided being charged but people apparently still want him out.

dont go out of your favela house (insert name from image here)

lolinho roll

hello prostata~
is your prostate ready for insertion?

Is it easy to get a girl there?
I mean brazilian seems to love partying a lot; so I'm wondering if the girls are also as slut as Amerifat.