Sup Forums, why do you ruin your kino viewing experience with this shitty player?

Sup Forums, why do you ruin your kino viewing experience with this shitty player?

there are people who still use this?
holy fuck

it's perfect

Sadly, yes. I thought only women used this player.

Well what else can you play mkv files with?

What's wrong with VLC? Also, what's the best player?

literally a dozen of other players, user

Manlets all of them

literally list even one

user are you being stupid on purpose? Do you really think only VLC can play mkv files?

>doesn't post with Santa hat
Muslim fuck

What's wrong with it? If it can play a fucking movie and put subtitles in it's good enough for me

It's a meme to weed out new fags
It's the best out there

I have never encountered any other player that could.

Potplayer

Exactly

Can someone actually elaborately explain what's wrong with VLC? I don't see any actual problems, unless y'all are just being edgy contrarians... as usual.

I use MPC-HC, does its job well enough.

Windows Media Player Classic is all you need to play literally anything.

cluttered UI looks like shit

Actually its the best player with windows media player too. I was a fan of MPC HQ for years but since i got HD TV this year i noticed that MPC Render was weak compared to vlc and wmp when i play my recorded movies on my pc.

am i a pleb if i stream to the plex app on my tv?

MPC-HC, KMplayer, SMPlayer, mpv, BSPlayer, Potplayer, MPC-BE, GOMPlayer, MPlayer....

....and like a dozen other players....

Do you also think Winamp is the only player that plays mp3?

The fuck is that monstrosity!? Take it back to 2003 where it belongs and burn it with fire

Sup Forums faggots ranting about media players should swing from trees

>I have never encountered any other player that could.

Then you are literally living in a cave.

There's a dozen or more players that people use that are as good or better than VLC.

Tell me one instance where you wouldn't be using it stretched to fullscreen.
Also it's probably customizable, the autist that maintains it strives to put every possible option into that thing.
It actually has a function that I personally requested on his Korean page through google translate.

>Can someone actually elaborately explain what's wrong with VLC?

It is well known that VLC has many problems with playback and people constantly make fun of how it messes up the image. especially if you scrub through the video.

nope, can't play mkv

???

I d say that MPC is excellent for sd to 720p videos but for full HD vlc and wmp are better.

No

why is the bar on the bottom so damn thick?

>this is literally the reason people say mkv is bad

Those people should die in a fire

I use PotPlayer and probably will for the next little while. It's been great for 4 years running.

>downloads the highest file size
>for his monitor

>why is the bar on the bottom so damn thick?

You mean as thick as the ugly bar on VLC?

Alrighty, what would you say the BEST player is, then? Thanks for explaining btw, I think I might've encountered that before.

QuickTime X has cleanest layout

>now if only it could play mkv...

MKV isn't the problem, Windows Media Player just sucks.

that's not even player dependant, but codecs installed on your machine. Though some players have inbuilt codecs. (mplayer, mpv)

It's skinnable, you can probably find something that suits your fancy.

>Do you also think Winamp is the only player that plays mp3

What's Winamp? I just convert my flac to aiff and use iTunes.

>Windows Media Player Classic
>Posts Windows Media Player

mpc is much more customizable. I like being able to bind various functions to mouse buttons

I don't what does OP recommend

Depends on your preference but most video players are better than VLC and you should avoid VLC.

I personally use mpv for ultra-minimalism and the best video playback but most people won't use mpv because it is for advanced users.

You should try MPC-HC, Potplayer and SMplayer and see what you like best.

>most video players are better than VLC

But VLC can play literally any media file know to man or monkey.

First time I see this kind of bait thread in a year.

And is a shit program. Meanwhile Media Player Classic is lightweight, no fuss, and runs all media flawlessly without VLC's timing issues or bloatware cancer.

>But VLC can play literally any media file know to man or monkey.

So can pretty much every other player....

You think VLC is the only player that does this? Are you computer illiterate?

Underage detected.

>bait thread

VLC is legitimately shit

ANYONE WHO SAYS VOC IS SHIT IS AN EDGY FAGGOT

Yeah only you need shit like kazaa codec pack to play anything in it.

Yeah, it's for the kind of normies who don't bring crab legs to the theater right ?

What's the best GOMplayer version? It's started to become more and more bloated with bullshit

this thread has to many sevens
also, mpv masterrace

MPC-HC does not need any codec packs, pleb.

All the players described in this thread are just like VLC and play everything out of the box.

Codec packs are just for retards who still use Windows Media Player.

mpc-hc lags with large (+6gb) files
vlc NEVER lags

>What's the best GOMplayer version?

Don't use Gomplayer if you dont like their bloat. Use MPC-HC, Potplayer or mpv.

Media Player Classic is not Windows Media Player.

Fucking morons.

i just stream movies on movie sites instead of having to spend hours downloading and getting a million trojan horses in the process

>mpc-hc lags with large (+6gb) files

This is bullshit. I play 15GB files with MPC-HC and it plays it better than VLC.

I'm gonna guess about 14? Seriously kid, get the fuck outta here before its too late.

>having to spend hours downloading and getting a million trojan horses in the process

Nobody gets infected when downloading movies anymore. This only happened back in the Kazaa days when retards would download Star Wars.exe

>Telling lies on the internet
VLC shills are despicable. Why would you mislead people like this?

well, not in my case
i prefer mpc hc for smallre files because i like the UI, but VLC just works better big files

>t. trojan horse

Man... MPC is giving me a headache.. the playback is so goddamn dark you cant see any anything at some points, especially in post 7PM scenes

What else am I supposed to use on Linux?

Except I can't use it on Ubuntu

>he doesn't watch his movies on a 4k 65" TV with home theatre sound system
>he doesn't have a built-in media player in his TV

WHAT IS THIS VIDEO???
CANT VIEW IT FOR SOME REASON
PLS HELP

Sup Forums pls go

If you ever again assume my video player of choice I will shit in your mother's mouth

It also looks like it's from 1998 and doesn't even support multiple playlists.

How about these bitch

What the fuck is this little fucker's problem?

There's absolutly nothing wrong with VLC, stop that shitty hipster meme.

Thanks R*ddit

you're reddit actually, by shitting on the software most non-autistic people use (still waiting for arguments btw)

Cant remember what it was called but y'all need to up the "video cache" setting x2 or x4

No more buffer issues then. Its only logical that the devs pick an "average" cache amount, as not everyone will be viewing 4k videos

Also, skin that shit and youll be fine for Sup Forums cucks

>tfw to smart not to use VLC

>kmplayer will never again be top dog

>Using Windows

Potplayer is KMPlayer now.
Same dude and everything.

Terrible, basic player that butchers the sound mix and brings the soundtrack to the forefront and hushes the dialogue. VLC is trukino player

>VLC is trukino player

said nobody ever. VLC was never even meant to be a video player in the first place. It was meant to be a streaming client.

irfanview.

anything else is bait.

>using Ubuntu
utterly embarrassing
enjoy your bloat

>What else am I supposed to use on Linux?

mpv you dumb goy

ACDSee32

Thanks man, is MPV free? And is there an option for it to play subtitles automatically if they're in the same folder as the film file every time you play a film?

Also, could you please elaborate what you mean by "ultra-minimalism"?

yes, yes and it is what you see in that picture. There is very little UI.

sweet, I'mma get it

what's the best alternative?

>There are people who don't use a free, as in freedom, media player.

Yeah well, Photoshop was never meant to be the photo editor it is nowadays but it just is. Software fucking changes.