When did you realize Pelé is still the GOAT?

When did you realize Pelé is still the GOAT?
>International
>Brazil
FIFA World Cup (3): 1958, 1962, 1970
Roca Cup (2): 1957, 1963
Cruz Cup (3): 1958, 1962, 1968
Bernardo O'Higgins Cup (1): 1959
Atlantic Cup (1): 1960
>Club
>Santos
Copa Libertadores (2): 1962, 1963
Intercontinental Cup (2): 1962, 1963
Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (6): 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1968
Torneio Rio-São Paulo (4): 1959, 1963, 1964
Campeonato Paulista (10): 1958, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1973
>New York Cosmos
North American Soccer League, Soccer Bowl (1): 1977[141] North American Soccer League, Atlantic Conference Championship (1): 1977
>Individual
>Santos
Copa Libertadores Top Scorer (1): 1965
Campeonato Paulista Top Scorer (11): 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1969, 1973
Torneio Rio-São Paulo Top Scorer (1): 1963
Bola de Prata: 1970
>Brazil
FIFA World Cup Best Young Player (1): 1958
FIFA World Cup Golden Ball (Best Player) (1): 1970
Copa America Best Player (1): 1959
Copa América Top Scorer (1): 1959
FIFA Ballon d'Or Prix d'Honneur: 2013.
Ballon d'Or: 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1970
FIFA Player of the Century: 2000
FIFA Order of Merit: 1984
BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality: 1970
Athlete of the Century, by Reuters News Agency: 1999
Athlete of the Century, elected by International Olympic Committee: 1999
South American Footballer of the Year (1): 1973
Football Player of the Century, elected by France Football's Ballon d'Or Winners: 1999
Inducted into the American National Soccer Hall of Fame: 1992
World Team of the 20th Century: 1998
TIME: One of the 100 Most Important People of the 20th century: 1999
Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire: 1997

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw
youtube.com/watch?v=67iTuz_C9P0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Pelé's goalscoring record is often reported by FIFA as being 1281 goals in 1363 games.

truly the goat, he gets shit for staying in brazil but desu south american football was more competitive than europeon footy desu.

>Bernardo O'Higgins Cup (1): 1959
BASED

>he gets shit for staying in brazil

does he? never seen it, financial difference wasn't big at all back then, our top players only started leaving in the mid 80s when hyperinflation kicked in.

Played against cans

Where was the true competition in his time?

>does he?
well, by europeans, definitely
I think there's some sense to it, not because it means his opponents were inferior, but because being able to adapt to playing styles in another continent/country/whatever is another sign of an amazing player

Always realized it.

youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw

then I'll start giving shit to yuros who never proved themselves in copa lib, they always stay in their comfort zone
heck, pelé won his first world cup in europe.

get in hues

well, to anyone who never played for a club outside their home country, anyway
but I agree overall, it's not as big as some people make it out to be

>played against literally whos
>goat
>mfw

>neverlands

If it was so easy why didn't nobody rivaled him in his time? Was he the only guy who knew how to play at that time?
There wasn't even red cards in his time. Balls were hard. Pitches were full of holes. Defenders were more violent.

Pelé was a fraud, half the goals he scored was against amateur teams.
Maradona was twice the player.

There was barely even tactical organization at the time.

You're biased because you're Portuguese. You'd never agree Pelé is the GOAT because CR7 exists right now.
You mentioned Maradona only to downplay him. I bet you consider CR7 the GOAT.

Johan Cruyff > Pele
Even Van persie has had a better career than pele

I'm not OP neither think that Pele is the ultimate GOAT but please KYS NAAAOOO

Oh fuck off. I hate when people go full retard with hyperbole to try and make a point.

>Pelé dominated because (supposedly, and this is post-Hungary 54) there was no tactical organization at the time
ok so why he rather than anybody else? Go look up 1963 European Cup Final, some literal who Brazilian who didn't even make Pelé's bench scored twice to beat Eusebio's Benfica

>dominate amateur tier monkey competition
>btfo the epl for years
which one sounds better?

south american football was superior

>monkey competition
>let me act like le typical american raciss and pretend brazil isn't historically the best football nation keke

>historically best football nation
>best
> 7-1 never happened
That would be germany ape

One fucking game erases all the history and the fact the this country is the only one with 5 world cups and hundred of legendary players? How old are you?

Pele played in an era were most players were amateurs. He would be considered crap nowadays. Cruyff's Ajax would crush any of Pele's teams by 5 goals or more

youtube.com/watch?v=67iTuz_C9P0

>b-b-but he neve played in europe!
>e-e-european defenses would stop him dead!

>this retarded thread again
>im replying in it

S E E T H I N G
Yes it does after that embarrassment you should stay in your small baller lane
Yet Europe is superior 11>9

Pele won 3 world cups. World being the keyword here

I think Maradona is the true GOAT. CR7 would need a world cup to even compete, same with Messi.

Nice strawman, I didn't say that all.

>neverlands

but CR7 is the GOAT, Tell me one player who have conquer everything with different leagues and has NT.

Dude, you're acting like an edgy teenager. You know for a fact we are a big baller nation. Even holland is respected and the highest titles you guys won is second place. We got 5 (five) titles. Joining all European titles is Embarrassing. We can only win titles for our country.

In am era were players were fat amateurs. The Ajax school would have stomped any team that Pele was in or faced with little difficulty. Pele was an unfit fat fuck for christ sacke. He would have been crush by any team if he didn't retreat to the US once European teams created real football and not the amateurish shit that Pele was playing

When almost all the older people with their nostalgic glasses and having a maradona and pele as their childhood/young heroes still say that Messi is the best footballer they have ever seen. It most likely is true. In a team sport the best player doesn't necessarily have the best resume.

dumbass actually believe the "holland invented football" meme, they invented, supposedly had one of the "GOATs" and couldn't even win it, top fucking lmao

You're a frustrated fanboy because your country is known as an underachieving meme apart from the usual meme (pele, senna) that gets BTFOd by the eternal aryans.
Cruyff> Pele
Schumacher > Senna

Ajax BTFOed club football and took all teams by storm. Holland only lost to another great team that wasn't full of meme amateur players. Pelel won a WC without quarterfinals and against fucking Sweden in the finals. Football was a meme in Pele's era. If he was born 10 years later he wouldn't even be a proffessional player. He was forced to move to the US to not get exposed as a meme

>tf

stick to concussionball

Schumacher is one of the greatest drivers but at the same time one of the biggest carbabbys
Senna > Schumi

Why get racial about football? It's ridiculous bro
Underachieving? Again I'll repeating FIVE (fünf in your language) CINCO world titles.

Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Pelé, Garrincha, Zico, Romario, Roberto Carlos, Neymar etc.. etc... etc...
You also keep boasting about german athletes. What's the problem? Dutch people have to masturbate with other nation's cock? This is like me boasting about Messi.

Already better than Pele, Maradona, and Messi combined.

I actually like Pulisic. I hope he will becoem a great player and pull the American audience even if you guys become huge arrogant assholes about it.

>even if you guys become huge arrogant assholes about it.

It's mostly just memes tbqh.

>Dude muh Roca cup and McChiken titles
Yeah Pele faced some tough competition

>Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire: 1997
It's SIR Pelé.
[spoiler]I don't even know if that makes him a sir[/spoiler]

>muh history
You havent won shit in years you're turning into a liverpool tier fanbase its pathetic
also calling me bro... You have to go back

Back to where? I'm already here.
We waited more than 20 years for a title. Football is like that. You country has never won a title but I still respect even talking to silly people like you. Our team is looking promising right now.

>promising
>Mememar and the gang
For every brazilian 'star' theres a better european alternative that is cheaper and better

>it's another Eurocucks try to downplay Pelé episode

>You havent won shit in years
And you haven't won anything at all and probably won't even make it to Russia. Your point?

I am dissapoint Binland

I'm not bragging about it like an entitled little cunt because muh overrated ape that went to US to avoid getting exposed by actual football players

God, you are boring. Sup Forumsacks like you are boring. Obsessed about race even when we're talking about sports. You're like the inverse of a SJW.

Right, that meme about football being 'invented' after [insert arbitrary date here]. If you truly believe despite things like the 1954 Hungary team existing, you don't know about the sport. Do me a favour, fuck right off and die.

>yfw
Arriba churro moooom the dutch poster doesn't agree with our conman being the GOAT.
both reddit tier posters

He might not be the best but he isn't an ape. Do you think an ape would be able to learn English? I'm not from reddit man. I'm just an user from the third world who is just tired of people like you. You guys are toxic and boring. Fuck all people like you.

Kek I'm kinda autistic. I always know I'm being kinda "drama queen but I can't help it. You fuckers piss me off.
I bet you're under 18. God, knowing people like you exist makes me depressed.

You're not a decent person, man.

My sides are gone
Go back to pleddit you absolute faggot you'll have your pele is the goat hugbox there

>dominate 3 WCs in a row
>a whole nation of runner-ups
which one sounds better?

I'm not from Reddit. I'm just a person with high empathy and kinda autistic :/
You're a edgy teenager with an undeveloped frontal lobe.

You do know the Ajax school was based off of Brazil's 1970 squad, right?

Oh, wait
>that flag

What if I felt like a contrarian cunt today and told you that Garrincha was better?

but that's Italy and Germany

Cafu is better.

00's till the 60's Football was pretty bad desu, just like Basketball, Football envolved alot since then.
You can say that a player from a far inferior era is the best when Football is much more competitive now.
For me the GOATs were.

1-Maradona
2-Ronaldo Fenomeno
3-Messi
4- the rest

till the early 90's Football was pretty bad desu, just like Basketball, Football envolved alot since then. But unlike you I have an actual justification for setting the period, you just do it to discredit Pelé. Before the 90s there was no point in pressing high up since the gk was allowed to hold the ball with their hands after one of the defenders passed the ball to them with their feet. That rule change drastically changed the dynamics of football and we could only see its full consequences by 2010.

>CR7 would need a world cup to even compete, same with Messi.
Utter retard. Have you seen the CR7's fellow portuguese players? Comapare that to messi's world-class teammates.

>btfo the epl for years

Please, he spent most of the time injured and had only 2 seasons that could be considered great. And even just considering those 2 seasons he probably still wouldn't even make the top 5 strikers of the PL era.

>Cristiano's teammates won an international competition without him even on the pitch

Argentina may have better individuals on paper, but Portugal is a better, more cohesive team

I only count 2 World Cups for Pele. He got injured in the first game of the tournament and didn't play again.
I doubt Sup Forums would consider Messi having won the WC if he got injured in the first game and Argentina went on to win it

CR7 won the Euro w/o playing the last game.

And made their way memeing through draws

He got injured during the game so no, he played.

Comparing players from different eras is impossible. For that reason there is not a clear cut GOAT. You just pick the goat players of each era and make a nice list with it.
Undisputable goat list:
Di Stefano, Pele, Cruyff, Maradona, Cristiano, Messi.

This

(((Di Stefano)))

That Dutch loser spent an hour in this thread just to try to troll some dude from Brazil. These are people that post here.

I thought those 4channers would have grown up somewhat? Probably a newfag. Stupid and petty. I can't believe I read all that nonsense. What a waste of time this all is

>Brazil fifa ranking, #1
>Netherlands fifa ranking, #36
List of Brazilian trophies since 2000
>1 world cup, 2 copa Americas, 3 confed cups, 1 oly gold medal
List of Netherlands trophies since 2000
>
>
>
Wow dutchies are almost irrelevant as Liverpool

literally believes some clown like Cruyff that did fuck all in epl besides a couple of meme seasons and won fuck all at the NT level is better than Brazilians with cups ranging from their local favela tournaments to WCs

Bastard is the only guy who made football look easy to me

Muh GOAT

>flag
>literally believes some clown like Cruyff
stopped reading right there

State championships weren't that competitive though.

(you)

not true, they played palmeiras, corinthians and other great clubs in the paulista

Wtf I love Pele now