Why was this "Master" so consistently bested by Maul?

Why was this "Master" so consistently bested by Maul?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palleus_Chuff
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he is a shit jedi who was bad at his job

i remember reading somewhere that the dark side is more powerful than the force

B-but Yoda said it wasn't!

That makes sense

This pretty much

This sounds most plausible. Yoda was old, and he did the flippy stuff.

Explain Obi Wan then?

He wasn't a Master, that was made explicit in the movie. Guy kept defying the council and the Jedi code to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

I dunno...
could it have been a shit writing where the lightsabre battles don't carry the weight, tension and symbolism that the original ones did?

well, i guess you could say this is the moment Obi had to grow up, but that's not much

Because Maul was one of the best fighters around, Obi Wan barely won because Maul got too sure about his victory and even so he survived and was barely injured by Obi

It is. Using the dark side multiples your power by many times.

In the EU, Yoda briefly 'tried' the dark side just to see what it was like. Since he was the most powerful jedi, or at least the powerful force user, he basically became an all-powerful god until he switched back.

Maul had the high ground though.

>cut in half
>barely injured

Maulfags are the worst

>In the EU, Yoda briefly 'tried' the dark side just to see what it was like. Since he was the most powerful jedi, or at least the powerful force user, he basically became an all-powerful god until he switched back.
That sounds pretty fucking stupid.

It's just a flesh wound.

HArd to argue with them digits t b h

Sheeve was using the force to control him.

Obi Wan was shit-tier. He lost every fight he ever got into. The only two he managed to win were

A) That time he and a near Master Jedi 2v1'd an apprentice, and he still got his ass kicked the whole fight.

B) The time he burnt up the kid he was literally teaching.

Yeah, it's EU shit.

He was the embodiment of an era of the Jedi about to be phased out by the coming war. He was a philosopher, not a duelist. Maul was his polar opposite.

Come on this shit is simple.

he was an incompetent drunk, literally named Qui-Gon *Gin*

Obi-Wan used spinning, a Good trick

Because he is pulling it out of his ass.

Isn't spinning a pretty high-level technique since Sheev chose to open up against Windu & co. with it?

Obvious bait.

Yeah because they have Force Storm

That wasn't spinning but a spinning top.

The EU has plenty of comparably stupid shit like Dark Empire and Force-canceling lizards, so I don't find it unbelievable.

Ah, pardon my ignorance.

Someone didn't watch ESB.

>the EU

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not comparable. Those two are not even half bad.

>Those two are not even half bad.
Please. Dark Empire has some good art but the writing is dreadful, and the ysalamiri weren't much more than convenient contrivances.

ol'Qui was a Jedi counsellor plus the Jedi didn't fight any Sith for a thousand years. Maul took him by surprise because only Mace Windu had an equally reckless fighting style.

>Because he is pulling it out of his ass.

No, I'm literally not. Star Wars Legends, "Yoda: Dark Rendevous"

Pic related. Dooku is trying to convince Yoda to turn to the Dark Side.

maul was strong as fuck

Your quote doesn't match your original affirmation.

>Yoda gone rotten
>"Give me my rose!"
What.

That sounds extremely stupid.

DEEP

>Force-canceling lizards
Oh fuck off, mate. Force-users are OP as shit and needed to be nerfed.

Dooku was telling Yoda that the dark side could help him achieve anything he wanted. Yoda said he wanted a rose.

Pic related is the context you can read it yourself.

I'm pretty sure it's incorrect. As I understand, the dark side is accessed by emotion, while the light is accessed by inner peace. Maul was a brooding anus, Sidious was a gleeful and cackling wizard, and Vader was pure hatred. Comparatively, all jedi were very stoic when fighting.

I like to think that Quin is just some hobo who found jedi clothes in dumpster and has connection to force.

Jesus fucking Christ.
No.

>ysalamiri weren't much more than convenient contrivances
I was thinking voxyn.

>using the word "awesome" in this context
this is some high level shitty writing, who is writing those fucking awful books, highschoolers?

It tried to be. The biggest problem with the Prequel Trilogy is Lucas obviously had big ideas but he was shit at putting them down on paper and even worse at translating THAT into film.

He's a decent director, great idea guy (no meme or insult, they have their place), but a shit writer without guiding hands.

Because he clearly wasn't a particularly skilled light saber duelist. I don't know if this is still canon but he was a consular so if he had fought him with force powers he would have fared batter.

>awesome powers

Holy shit that is so out of place why did lucas let so many people rape Star Wars

we should make sure happens in a Star Wars thread

I actually like this. I mean, the writing style is inexcusable, but the scene is very good at showing the fundamental difference between the light and dark sides, between the way a jedi and a sith think.

$$$$$$$$$$

>we will never see Maul vs Mace in a 1v1 battle royale

Why is everything about star wars so shit? Every opportunity to do the cool thing gets squandered and they choose to do the stupidest shit imaginable.

This. Keep the thread going. Do whatever it takes.

You guys are missing the part where Yoda stops a missile, fired from space, from hitting the ground using the force.

>The Dark Side quadruples your flip power

Why exactly has the force only two sides, one is faggy and the other one edgy? And you will never know who is what?

2/2

From hitting the house, actually.

The writing is bad.

That's why they colour code their lightsabers you pleb

Mace would've fucked Sheev if it wasn't for Skywanker, Mace would've diced Maul in 3 seconds. This motherfucker is a Jedi Master utilizing THE most dangerous light saber technique where you have to fucking tap into the dark side as JEDI.

How would Anakin know what Brutalism is?

What are purple ones then? It's a mix between classical Jedi blue and Sith red.

>saving their lives or taking mine?

Seriously dooku? Cmon man you know the answer for that

>Black jedi
>Is able to tap into the dark side of the force
Really makes you think

Not more powerful than the force but the jedi

By murdering children

This writing, man...

See

Kek.

>that scene where those beams block the duel with Qui Gon meditating (jedi being calm and patient) while Maul was moving around anxiously and angered (sith choosing the quick easy path to power)
Not even joking, that was pure kino.
They should have done a lot more stuff with the jedi in Episode 1.

this is like, for kids right?
because i can write better than this and i'm garbage
i need to get my ass in gear

>pat drip-drip-drop

What did he mean by this?

>like grains of sand in an hourglass
...These are the days of our lives.

>Yoda decides to send a decoy impersonating himself to a different planet, while he secretly slips off to Vjun. He contracts a famous actor and Yoda impersonator, Palleus Chuff, to pull off the bluff. Disguised as Yoda, Chuff leaves on a very public mission to Ithor. When Chuff's fighter is captured by Dooku's minion Asajj Ventress, who is unaware of the switch, the apparent loss of Yoda comes as a sad blow to the morale of the Republic.

I wonder what happened to Palleus Chuff, the famous Yoda impersonator. He was a good friend.

oh and here's his wiki page starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palleus_Chuff

No, just No.

In the EU, it explained further why Count dooku runs away from Yoda in Episode II while in the movie it ends in a stalemate.
When Dooku offers him to join him on the dark side Yoda briefly shows/tricks him how powerful he would become and Dooku shits his pants and runs to the emperor.

>No comma before "like"
>No comma after "kids"
>No comma after "and"
>Repetitive use of "I," "I'm," "I"
>No capitalization or punctuation

Stay where you are.

>Famous
If he's famous, he can't be a very good impersonator.
"Hey, it's Palleus Chuff!"
"No...Yoda am I"
"Knock it off. You're Palleus Chuff!"
"He I am not"
"OK, if you're really Yoda, then use the Force"
"...No"

Okay but what about Dooku's clone? He was a good friend.

>comma after "and"
> i can write better than this and, i'm garbage
That doesn't make any sense you mong.

>Palleus Chuff
Where they get this names?

>The same Anakin Skywalker
Are there multiple Anakin Skywalkers floating around?

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE ARTOO IS EVIL.

Because a galaxy far far away is actually hell.

Those are both my posts.
Yet Mace and Qui Gon are both Jedi and there's no neutral order.

It seems the the power and notoriety of a Dark Lord of the Sith is constantly overlooked while Jedi Master's are consistently overrated

>would've fucked Sheev

Mace only won the lightsaber duel, but he still had to get past Sheev's lightning. Sheev showed he had plenty in the tank with the "Unlimited Powa" stuff at the end. All he needed to do was wait for his guards or roll over and fall out the window.

Sheev lost his lightsaber against Yoda in their Senate fight - the most gifted non-Anakin Jedi in the Order - and he was still fighting him, he even held out for the win there.

Aanakin and Aaanakin obviously

Sheev used force lightning on Mace which was deflected back to him plus it has been stated time and time again Mace is by far the best lightsaber user while Yoda is the best Force user.

t. literal retard
i write like a tard on here because nothing matters here
i only use apostrophes out of habit

>Yoda is the best Force user
You mean Sheev

Oh, my bad. Actually the reason is Star Wars is pretty fucking stupid and not very well-thought out

Impersonator, not spy.

Frank Caliendo is an Impersonator. Nobody has to think that he is ACTUALLY christopher walken or al pacino for him to be doing his job.

>roll over and fall out the window

Kek this should have happened

I meant the best Jedi force user you dipshit.

>thinking "awesome" means cool or nice, rather than awe-inspiring
Back to high school you go

But it said that Yoda used him as a decoy

>AHAHAHAHAHAHA

the EU