When was the last year you were "with it"?

When was the last year you were "with it"?

For me it was 2009

i dont even remember the last time i was with it, man..

Im still with it, i just dont endlessly follow trends, but i am aware of whats popular

Well I'm 21 so I'm not sure...

last year

How was 2009 the last year you were "with it"?

Mine was 2009 too.

The last year you felt any connection to reality.

2006 :( senior year of highschool

fuck anons i wish i could go back ...

I was never with it.

It was somewhat alright but I felt trends were dramatically changing especially with the influx of Smartphones
Also after the huge popularization of Justin Bieber, Twilight and the fact that literally everything on the radio was bland and shitty I stopped caring about pop culture and trends

2007 I think?
I'm 23 btw

Culturally speaking, I'm a 90s guy. That's the decade of my late childhood and most of my teenage years, and it's what I rely on as a backdrop for my understanding of society.

Anyway, I was on the internet back in the mid-90s. Granted, that didn't exactly make someone popular or "with it", but it's strange to see something that was unpopular to the mainstream and used to be the exclusive domain of the computers geeks, turn into the commercialized, Orwellian, feminized nightmare that it is now. I almost feel that I no longer belong, despite the fact that I was on more than a decade before Facebook, smart phones and tablet made it accessible to the dumbfucks. I guess that's why I'm on Sup Forums. 20 years online, and I never had a Facebook account.

In that way, I guess it reflects life. My home town is being perverted, one immigrant at a time. My town used to be spared from the worst immigration, but in just a decade, the immigrant population has more than doubled. A few weeks back, I was meeting my parents at a restaurant downtown, and for the first time in my life, I felt like a stranger in my own city. I literally could not turn around without seeing a nigger or a woman in a hijab.

I'm 22, i feel like summer 2012 was the last time

Am I only "fucking White male" who just can't take the world and what it's become? Like every nightmare prediction from 10 years ago has come true, with interest.

I'm just looking to get courage up to off myself without leaving a corpse. Only time I don't feel completely tormented these days is when I'm asleep.

If death is anything like sleep, fuck will enjoy it. Every day is the same nightmare. Haven't left the house in over a year. I know "kys." Working on it...

I'm 29 and have prided myself in staying with young trends somewhat but this year I added a 15 year old on STEAM. He was afraid to join a private tracker and had to have me hold his hand the whole way. made me feel the disconnect in the age difference

Girlfriend teaches at a large state university. One day she brought up Metallica in a lecture...kids stared at her like an alien. Finally some fag in the back pipes up and says, "metallica is old people music."

>geeks, turn into the commercialized, Orwellian, feminized nightmare that it is now.
This. Internet used to be a refuge for the few of us geeks who could nigger rig a modem and computer and did''t need "AOL" to use the web.

Could never have imagined the mass datamining, brainwashing tool the jews have turned the internet into.

2012-2013, when normies took over the internet

it will become harder and harder to not be with it as culture moves towards globalized internet

>I added a 15 year old on STEAM
Good luck with a lawyer when you get accused of "grooming for being a pedo."

Even good intentions these days are turned into the worse things. Never knowingly interact with an underage online, male or female.

Have heard too many horror stories.

Really?
I kinda assumed that even the younger generation appreciates Metallica as I've seen so many Jerkoff high school kids with a Ride The Lightning t shirt

Sup Forums is kind of my trend watcher. if something noteworthy happens on the internet or IRL, it will pass through Sup Forums at least once. So I guess I'm kind of "with it" on a grand scale, but i dont know whats on the top 40's on any given week

To be fair he wasn't wrong

I'll be careful. Thanks for your concern

What year did smartphones/social media get big with normies?

You mean 2007? Facebook was already huge by then.

Same, where did it all go wrong

I'm 22

I've never been with it in a cultural sense and may never be

Don't really care tbqh because modern culture is fucking shit for the most part

>culture moves towards globalized internet
The only salvation is going to be when enough people start using Tor or other form of onion routing for shit other than buying drugs.

IF everyone used it, the Jews at the NSA and the controlled media in general ould have a much harder time.

you'd have thought after Edward Snowden, anyone with a brain would have left kikebook. Instead it just keeps adding value.

When I realized scene guys making out with eachother and world of warcraft was gay as fuck and couldn't stand what my cousin in highschool thought was cool.

with Geocities

tfw schizophrenic neet

i was never with it

Back then thought they stayed on FB, they'd be lucky if they knew other websites than Youtube or Google.

Maybe living in Oklahoma has something to do with it. Allows these little fuckers are cowboys half the time and flat-bill wearing "urban" youth, the other half.

And apparently tall white socks are making a comeback? These little retards look like a bad 80s teen movie

>Thanks for your concern
I didn't mean that to be as much of a dick as it came out to be, just that seems everything in the world, even shit you do just to be a decent person, always bites you in the ass.

I was never with it.

Ayyy im wit it brudda

idk man
maybe 2013, but even then.. that was the beginning of my collapse into the void. I'd say after 2012 it all went downhill

If I could invent a device to block all "smart phone" camera within 500 feet of me somehow, I'd be happier and the world would in general be a much better place.

Every fucking human interaction these days is street theater people expect to go on Jewtube. I can't abide it.

If someone is filming me, I'd lose my mind.

Not really. And both youtube and google are part of the mainstream appeal of the internet, so those are bad examples to use.

Sometime in the 90's.

I'm a trend-setter. What I'm with won't be "It" for another decade.

Nice Sup Forums thread. The op is not related to pol faggot

I stopped consuming mass media about 15 years ago

With the internet at your disposal and all of social media being plastered across the news and internet at all times, how can anybody not know the latest shit? Doesn't mean you have to follow it.

2011 when they tried to pass the gun bill

Let me guess, you're gay and smoke American Spirit

>The op is not related to pol faggot
And 80% of this fucking board right now is niggers trying to get "777.." such is what it's become here.

>American Spirit
i didnt even think they were that great when i tried them

>having a sexual orientation in 2026
How quaint.

>how can anybody not know the latest shit?
believe it or not, some of us just don't fucking care. The only way I know nigger rappers, kardasians, etc...is bc I read the trashy Daily Mail.

>you're gay and smoke American Spirit
he said he's trend setter not a queer and a faggot.

2010 senior year. college was a 4 and a half year long party where I pissed away my potential. now I am a shell of my former self, I feel as if I ruined everything and I have nothing going for me. haven't gotten laid in over a year, mostly just get fucked up and lay in my bed. I have to break the cycle but I fear that I am not able to.

2012 was the last time I had any friends

Hold me anons

I know a guy who smokes American spirit, he also blows trannies, concidence? I think not

>. haven't gotten laid in over a year

>tfw shut in and still a 25 year old virgin

JUST

Still with it.

>still a 25 year old virgin
This is your fault. If your dick wants it bad enough, you turn yourself into machine who lives to the gym and approaches the entire thing like your life depends on it.

I'd probably still be a virgin if I hadn't gone into that mode at 18.

2004 or 5

2011, but I was trying pretty hard at the time

Never. I was born in the 90s and never wanted to go past the 80s.

Not caring will always be in vogue.

This goes double for vine and nigger twitter garbage.

I remember it like it was yesterday

This for me too. In 2012 the world ended.

What part of the country is this?

Kind of killed your own point there user. You still know the shit despite not caring. I even said you don't have to follow it, you just know it exists.

I don't think I was ever with it. I have been perpetually uncool.

Oh no. It isn't OU is it? Is she required to pray to Boren 3 times a day?

Judging by the views of most of the people on this rancid board it was probably 1971.

I am 28. I graduated college in August 2011...and that summer was the last time I was "with it"

Still with it man

If i could go back in time id make sure eternal september never happened.

first half of 2010