Post where bands peaked and will never return

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5hDZbroaQDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's not From Under the Cork Tree

You are correct

bump

I'm not an english/american speaker
What "punching in the d" means actually?

RHCP is never going to make anything better than By the Way

Punching in the dick

For the people who think that Fall Out Boy are sellouts and just trying to cater to the teens nowadays that listen to pop, remember this:

People grow up.

When you grow up, you get tired of doing something and want to do something new. That's the case for Fall Out Boy. They are tired of making immature pop punk songs and now want to try some more mature music, and experimental with a different style.

The same thing happened to Red Hot Chili Peppers. Back then, their music was hardcore punk mixed with funk and rap. When they got older and got Frusciante and Smith in the band, their music became more mature alternative rock, with their lyrics becoming deeper and complex. And now, they're considered one of the best bands of all time. People change and get older. If you guys can't accept that, then are you really a fan of FOB?

After Turilli left they got ruined

People who like Fallout Boy in general should just grow up

ween will never outdo the mollusk

Folie a deux was more mature than anything they are shitting out at the moment

Even the fucking Take This to Your Grave is more mature than M A N I A

>discussing when pedophiles "peaked"
Please stop.

That's not "The Suburbs"

>first two tracks-core the album
>better than funeral or neon bible

>implying neon bible has more than two good songs
>implying funeral has any

>he thinks funeral has no good songs
I bet everything now is your favourite arcade fire album

Didn't bother listening to it

I can only assume you're a fanboy/girl, so I'm gonna give it to you straight and hope you understand, or at least try to:

The problem here is NOT that Fall Out Boy changed their sound. Bands are ALLOWED to do that, the fact that this site praises Paramore's newest album to no end is concrete proof that we're all for bands changing their style... if done WELL.

No, the problem with Fall Out Boy is that, when they DID change their sound, the end result is bad. It's displeasing to listen to, and if you pay attention at ALL to what's on the radio, you'd see that they're clearly following the EDM trend. This on its own is not inherently a bad thing, but the fact that the product that came out of it sounds fucking awful (and it does, Young and Menace is an absolute mess) makes it hurt that much more.

I can accept that they've changed. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Doesn't mean I can't complain about it. I won't even say they should go back to their old sound, because that'll just sound dated as fuck.

But, I WILL say that this album is shit. Because it is, plain and simple.

This
At least Folie and even some tracks by the last two albums (especially save rock n roll) were good, but M A N I A is just trying too hard to follow a trend that this group doesn't need

is it too early to say merriweather post

Tell whatever you want about pre-hiatus FOB but the Phoenix is a fucking great track
youtube.com/watch?v=5hDZbroaQDc

>not being able to separate the art from the artist

fall out boy was always trash though

absolutely not, i couldnt stand AoN

what is "Wake Up"?

That's not Take This to Your Grave

We are still not sure whether it’s a good album or meme?

is this a copypasta now?

>rchp got more mature
>hump de bump
>playing shows naked
>getting so drugged up to the point two of the members almost died

I think you mean Blood Sugar Sex Magick

Sadly.

What kills me is that they got so much more commercial when they made an album that wasn't focused on being commercial. Whereas songs like Gavilan were where they should have gone, they really just went and started writing pop tunes. The drop in songwriting quality is fucking calamitous.

>>hump de bump
That song isn't even as bombastic or as energetic as their earlier funk rock/metal songs. In fact, the music video is the only "immature" thing about it, but it wasn't even close to reaching the esoteric highs of their earlier works. It's just a chill Funk Rock song.
>>playing shows naked
They haven't played a single show naked since Woodstock 1999, and that doesn't even count because only Flea was naked. Other than that, most of their "socks on cocks" performances were from the early stages of RHCP, back in the 80s.
>>getting so drugged up to the point two of the members almost died
Frusciante and Kiedis became sober by the end of the 90s, during their Californication era. And plus, I was referring to their music; after Slovak's death, they started to focus their attention on deeper lyricism, from the vitality of this beautiful world to relinquishing their dark thoughts about life as worsened by over-indulgence on drugs. Compare Californication, By the Way, Stadium Arcadium and I'm With You to any of their crazy antics and songs on Uplift Mofo or their self-titled and you'll see a noticable difference in maturity.

WE GOT A REAL ONE IN THIS THREAD

Antics is only a small step down for me. They didn't fall off until that shitty third album.

Went the same route as Fall Out Boy, after being signed to the same record label.