Who the fuck likes U2? what do these people look like? what do they do for a living

who the fuck likes U2? what do these people look like? what do they do for a living

their early albums are good

>Implying Everything they did between 1980 to 1996 is shit
Pleb

my aunt who is in her mid 50 likes them

>who the fuck likes U2?
My aunt and my sisters. They're pretty average, apart from the U2 obsession. The youngest is 38, and I want to say that's about as young as diehard U2 fans get.

>auntcore

literally nobody. ever.

Apparently everyone with an apple device in like 2014.

Middle aged women who grew up in the 80s

fpbp.

But Pop and anything after is awful.

For a person to say the Joshua Tree is shit astounds me ay. Do they have fucking ears, that album is amazing.

>By its conclusion, U2 360° had set records for the highest-grossing concert tour with $736 million in ticket sales, and for the highest-attended tour with over 7.2 million tickets sold.

Do you know any of the approximately 7 million people who went to these shows?

Me, my parents, my brother, my cousin, my aunt and uncle.

this

You're all plebs

and soyboys/girls too

this

I got dragged to two of those shows and my sisters/aunt probably saw 8 or more between them.

It was actually pretty impressive, they broke super bowl records at the stadium, had the entire crowd singing along at times, and the stage was massive.

And they were handing out masks of the (now current) Burmese PMs face and were pushing for her to be freed from her political imprisonment. Nowadays she's ignoring international pressure to step in over the Buddhists purging muslims in her country and I think that's hilarious.

I suppose. This is the taste my family has
>Me
Sup Forums shit
>Brother
Wilco, Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M., U2, various songs from movies/tv soundtracks (he loves watching shit)
>Father
Grateful Dead, Springsteen, Dylan, Neil Young, Yo La Tengo, X, The Clash, U2, R.E.M., Talking Heads, The Jam, Elvis Costello, Captain Beefheart, Wilco/Uncle Tupelo, Ryan Adams/Whiskeytown, various post-war pre-80s jazz releases
>Mother
Marshall Crenshaw, U2, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, Jim Croce, James Taylor, 70 - 90s pop hits, whatever is on SiriusXM "The Spectrum"
>Aunt
Jackson Browne, Tom Petty, U2, not sure what else
>Uncle
Anything classic rock, especially heavier stuff: Steely Dan, Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, U2, Springsteen, Petty, KISS, Hendrix, Black Sabbath

absolutely embarrassing

>The Clash, U2, R.E.M., Talking Heads, The Jam
he probably got into U2 in the early 80s like a patrician

Yeah, he said he heard one of their songs in a record store in the early 80s, bought their first album immediately. And then he became a big fan when War came out and he saw them live.

Your father wins

Wins what? The "most baby boomer 'alt' music fan" award?

UNO

DOS

theres no excuse for not having at least 1 or 2 u2 songs on your iphone. I mean fuck, they have something for everyone.

now android... thats a different story

My dad and my uncle. They're also huge fans of The Smiths, New Order, Talking Heads and Pet Shop Boys.
That'd be Gen X, actually.

True. My dad was a late boomer.

Mine's early Gen X. Higher up in AT&T. Doesn't wear the type of clothes people associate with rich people. Balding, but the hair loss stabilized. Very grey, wavy hair. One of the firs

Based Uncle Dopesmoker.

>what do they do for a living
make songs

>what do these people look like?
4 white males, Irish ancestry, ~60's