What bands or musicians of today are gonna be remembered in 20-30 years like the Beatles or Rolling Stones are...

What bands or musicians of today are gonna be remembered in 20-30 years like the Beatles or Rolling Stones are remembered now? When I listen to modern mainstream music, most of it just seems boring and forgettable. I can't think of any best selling artists besides some rappers who will have their music played and remembered in 20 or 30 years.

elliott smith

It's gonna be rappers and some pop singers. I think Kanye and Beyonce will still be household names 30 years from now. Possibly Kendrick, Drake and Taylor Swift. Not saying these are necessarily as good as The Beatles but they're certainly the biggest stars of the past decade.

Probably Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar. I don't personally enjoy either but their influence and artist/ celebrity status is quite reminiscent of the Beatles and the Stones.
I can't wait for this rap phase of mainstream culture to die off in the next decade.

Death grips

None, these bands almost totally owe their legacy to the media available at the time.

I don’t think anyone will for various reasons. First of all there was a media monopoly back then, it was the radio and the tv and that was it. Right now there are too many channels for one band to dominate as much. Then there’s the fact that those bands make music that people from all ages can enjoy, while Kanye West loses its charm when you grow up, rap in general too. Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, etc, I don’t think grown up men will ever want to listen to that either. Sure they will probably be remembered but I don’t think they’ll be as relevant as The Rolling Stones

Our music has been culturally subverted. None are memorable, unique, or even organically appreciated.

If the marxists are defeated (unlikely) we will remember this as a cultural dark age. If not, it will persist and we will be largely unaware.

>marxists
>implying capitalism isn't the cause of this soulless society

Read a book, user.

Radiohead. Do they count?

No, they were a 90s band.

But yes they will be remembered

And then again, under gommunism culture was reduced to cities made of ugly cement buildings and propaganda art with muscled factory workers.

Isn't beyonce popular with adult white women and blacks in general?

>today
Elliott has been dead for over a decade

but tarkovsky happened under communism

the dude you're replying to is probably to dumb for Spielberg, don't waste your breath.

What are some other good Russian/Soviet Bloc directors or movies from that time period? I'm mostly naïve to that kind of stuff, but pretty interested. I only really know of Tarkovsky since he's the most popular.

Beatles and Stones are more than 50 years old tho and still remembered

Just to make clear how much rock was bigger than anything else after it

The Soviet union gave birth to a plethora of great and innovative art, during the short time it was under Lenin's NEP. It all got crushed under Stalin's regime and effectively buried during later regimes.

Roslavets and Mosolov are great composers who are now forgotten due to being mistreated by the Soviet government (and in the latter's case without even reaching full potential). Leon Theremin and his invention would've been forgotten just like Arseny Avraamov had he not escaped to the United States.

Marxism is probably the worst thing that has happened to humanity.

>ugly cement buildings
t. pleb who doesn't understand modern architecture and brutalism

people like you are exactly the reason why art appreciation should be a compulsory part of education curriculum at all levels

None of them. The only music people listen to from 1988 is Michael Jackson, some other pop artists like Madonna, Prince, Pet Shop Boys, Enya and GnR, with some alternative/metal/dance thrown in (not necessarily the same fads in those genres of 1988).

No garbage from 1998 is remembered at all other than, again, some alternative/metal/dance stuff.

>No garbage from 1998 is remembered
Aren't americans still clinging onto Butt Rock big time?

>Soviet union
>marxism

What does soviet union giving birth to shit have to do with Marxism? Just because he wrote a pile of shit and title it "communism manifesto" doesn't mean that he's a communist or that he had to do anything with soviet union. As a matter of fact, piece of shit was exiled as soon as he wrote that garbage. His ideas are called marxism for a reason - it has nothing to do with soviets and Communism in Russia. Communists hated Marxist and they still do. it's only dumb Americans who think those two things are the same.

I kek every single time i see antifa faggots weaving communist flags and wearing communist insignia. It's like that dumb nigger wearing swastika on his t-shirt with a big grin. Bunch of fucking retards.

>implying NMH isn't a stale of bona fide hipster vocabulary for years to come

Oasis

Kanye, Beyonce, Jay-Z will all be remembered and will host sold out tours until they die
Kendrick will retain some hipster appeal

Tarkovsky was no communist though. He hated the USSR and said he was persecuted by the government.

Death grips

I never said he was, I said he happened under communism

Justin Timberlake always strikes me as the kind of musician that will end up on oldies stations

Kids in 30 years will want to know what the fuck was up with vaporwave

>this great art was produced under this system
>it means this system is good

Animal Collective

>Roslavets and Mosolov
>on Sup Forums

Holy shit. You're amazing, user.

in 20-30yo, Islam or China will impose a ban of old offensive cultures (hip-hop, rock, feminism, etc.) in their expanded empires: none of the current shitty mainstream culture will be remembered obviously.

>Lenin/NEP did nothing bad
l m a o

You don't even know what Marxism is nor have you read any literature more difficult than Harry Potter let alone anything to do with philosophy.