Claims that for the majority of rooney's england career, he was the only world class player in the squad

>claims that for the majority of rooney's england career, he was the only world class player in the squad

How fucking thick is Lineker?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/900351448172470272
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, everyone knows England never had one world class player since the Bobby Charlton era and shit.

>lamps
>slippy
>rio
>terry
>cole x2
>neville
>owen
england actually had tons of great players (with terrible synergy)

>inb4 slow winger of meme free kicks
overrated af

>playing scholes on the wing and rating Frank fucking lampard more

Imagine if England had a competent manager

Yes but how many of them were actually world class?

Wouldn't have solved the awful team chemistry that England has had for a long time

>scholes on the wing
We played a diamond, not wingers

4 of them and Owen would have been if he wasn't made of glass

You played scholes on the left wing you mong 442 truly is the supreme formation

>we

What could have been if Lampard and Gerard never played together.

No, we played a diamond under SGE

Could have worked in a five-man midfield with proper wingers

There aren't wingers in Diamond formations. You mean LM or RM.

most of them, rio and terry were solid af, slippy was actually great for a while and lampard was always amazing for chelsea; the system was terrible but rooney wasn't even in the top 3 of that team, blaming the quality of tje other players for the lack of success of rooney in england is completely stupid

With little Owen on his own?

playing 3-5-2 would have work or maybe 4-3-3, we'll never know, the only thing we know is that england needed a proper defensive midfielder

Not sure about that facial hair desu. Is he trying to look like a rat?

>not sticking crouch up top
m8

You have to be insane to think any player from that list is world class.

There are good, great and amazing players, but no one anywhere near world class.

Owen Hargreaves but he was never fit.

>proper defensive midfielder
We had a lad to fulfil that role called Owen Hargreaves, but he was very much unappreciated despite being one of our better players

Ashley Cole certainly is. Far and away one of the top 3 LBs during his career.

owen won the baloon door

Lampard, Cole, Gerrard

Too bad they were a shit team anyways

Robbed Raul

nah raul's overrated, nobody even remembers him

I mean, as a starter, and I feel you, that team had so much potential

>let's judge players based on their last performances
remember that for 5 years the champions league semifinals had 3 british teams and their best players were english (excluding arsenal and henry, but they had cole and sun so...)

>nobody even remembers him

You have to be 18 to post on here, m80

>I mean, as a starter,
Hargreaves should have been the first name on the team sheet when he was fit.

Plz go underage fag. Bring me a pair of your sisters panties first

Think about your memories of Raul
Now take out all the times you confused him with Figo

You have nothing left do you?

What is your definition of world class? Because i think winning the ballon d'or or finishing runner-up qualifies you, as well as having accolades like pic related

>let's judge players based on their last performances

When the hell did I say or even implied that?

> remember that for 5 years the champions league semifinals had 3 british teams

My point exactly. World class players actually manage to carry their team to the win, to the the almost win.

Plenty. Remember him scoring in two CL finals.

Were you even born then, pleb?

Owen won the BO and Henry didnt. If you had one world class title to give between the two, who would you choose ?

Henry was better but they were both world class. It seems your criteria for world class is being the no. 1 player for your position in the world, which is silly.

Owen because he didn't have to cheat to beat the fucking irish

Tbf, Owen won it after a (minor) treble season.

Henry should have really won it in 2004

>leaving out the part that said the best players of those teams were english
why does this board like to pretend English players are all shit it's pretty pathetic

What ? i'm literally talking about these players.

If you think being one of the best players of a team managing to get to the semis is enough to be considered world class, good for you. And good for Anthony Réveillère I guess.

If you seriously think Ashley Cole wasn't World Class in his prime, you should really follow a different sport. Literally just being stupid for the sake of it.

He was the best player for Chelsea in the 2012 CL run.

>thinking the top 4 teams of the world cup aren't world class

Yeah I think foreigners don't understand the definition of the term "world-class". It simply means you can compete on the world stage. If you want to denote some rarefied level above that, then there are terms like "elite", "generational", "all-time great", etc.

>majority
Did he say this? I don't trust the OP.

>questioning Gary

He was more b2b. Carrick was the true holding midfielder.

>we played a diamond
Really? I wasn't too sophisticated about football back then so I don't know. Maybe the management wasn't so incompetent after all.

>So many buffoons denouncing @WayneRooney's international career. You have no idea how good he is or how hard it is. Stick to playing FIFA.

twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/900351448172470272

Is Lineker suggesting Rooney's England career was a success?

there is no set definition faggot. everyone defines it differently

Gary's one of those people who has convinced himself every single one of these young men trying to get into Europe from Africa or the Middle East are genuinely fleeing some life-threatening danger.

Ask him why there are so few women and children successfully making the journey into Western/Northern Europe.

This. It's like the word 'tall' or 'fat'.

Lots of them.

For all the memes nowadays, English teams dominated Europe from 2005-2010, with 2-3 English teams routinely in the semi finals.

And these teams had players like Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole at their core

>Lots of them

The Golden Generation probably provided 3 genuine world class players; Cole, Rio, Gerrard.

Terry was never world class, he was a fucking klutz that had to have his hand held by Carvalho at Chelsea and Rio for England.

>fat frank
>world class

LOL

It's not like he's wrong

He is though, cos Rooney wasn't world class, and other players were.

Part of our problem in competition finals was that Wazza was shit

english coaches were so fucking retarded, instead of playing 4-4-2 diamond they kept insisting on playing flat in the middle. how fucking hard it is to put carrick on the bottom, scholes on the top, lampard and gerrard left and right between them.

>carrick
Was shit for England

"world class" is absolutely meaningless now

world teams teams: maybe 4
world class players: maybe 5

when thats absolutely not the definition of world class

lineker, as you see from his twitter, is a self-hater - BUT, yes english people overrate their players BUT not to the extent they think

>lamps
>slippy
>rio
>terry
>cole
These guy were exceptional, yes, but I wouldn't say they were ever "world class".

You must have a very strict criteria for world class then. All of them were key players in league and CL winning teams, when the PL was at its absolute peak.

fucking pomo treatment of words

>t. FIFA player
Fuck off

>Rooney wasn't world class
Honeslty, how deluded can you be? He was a top, top player for a good few years in his prime.

Kiss my balls

A top player, yes. Not necessarily a world class one though. I can think of at least 5 better in his position at every point in his career.

>I can think of at least 5 better in his position at every point in his career.
no you can't

>And these teams had players like Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole at their core

Except the fact that all of those English teams relied on foreign talent to actually win (Ronaldo, Drogba, Henry, etc).

Kane, Messi, Drogba, Henry, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Torres, Villa, Lewandoski, Klose, Higuain, Suarez, Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Falcao, Cavani, Muller, van Nistelrooy, van Persie, Neymar, Ronaldinho, Tevez, Shevchenko, Crespo, Forlan,

Ashley Cole is making a good claim for best left-back of all time.

Wow, you clearly know a lot about football m8

england players will never get a fair shake on Sup Forums

Yes. I played Champ Manager back in the day and made some terrific acquisitions like Ibrahima Bakayoko who would score many a goal.

I know muh shit

Not at all since he's correct? Prime Rooney could get in any team in the world thus world class.

You guys are all delusional. Ashley Cole was the best the player on that team by far. By far.

Bollocks, Rooney was never even the best forward at United.

utter pleb

Which is why he played for them every week and is their all-time goalscorer? He wasn't an out and out number 9 anyway. As much a team player as goalscorer. Rooney-Tevez-Ronaldo was one of the best forward lines in Europe.

>Neville world class
>no mention of the most talented player England had in decades, and best ginger player that ever lived

Well, we were all new to the game at some point.

>Ashley Cole is making a good claim for best left-back of all time.

At least there's no question regarding right-back.

>ITT: there are only 2 "world class" players at any given time. The best player from the team that won the last world cup, and the best player from the team that won the last champions league. If these happen to be the same player then there's only 1 "world class" player. Everyone else is literal shit tier.

None of those players were great

>Kane

Stopped reading there

Absolutely thick.

Still waiting for this twat to house some dirty migrants

doesn't this big eared cunt take care of his girlfriends nigger baby?

Thick enough to think 30 year old Africans are Syrian children, so yes, very VERY thick.

>ITT "Gerrard wasn't world class"
>mfw
This is what happens when you confuse memes with real life...

Gerrard was world class for like 2 years

>only

>no mention of the most talented player England had in decades, and best ginger player that ever lived

Because Rppney barely played with Scholes in internation fixtures.