Sup Forums do people from Europe, UK, USA, and Australia, for example...

Sup Forums do people from Europe, UK, USA, and Australia, for example, abandon their old citizenship to become Singaporean?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.asiaone.com/News/Latest News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20121007-376116.html
google.com/search?q=singapore dual citizenship&oq=singapore dual citizenship&aqs=chrome..69i57.8591j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainanese_chicken_rice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Many countries allows you to have a dual citizenship. Americans must abandon their old i believe.

I don't think Singapore allows for dual citizenship.

Singapore has a serious problem keeping people to stay there.

news.asiaone.com/News/Latest News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20121007-376116.html

Though I loved Singapore and I would go back if I could stomach the enormous taxes on everything and absolutely insane "house" prices.

Americans can have dual citizenship. I have Israeli citizenship.

Probably, I'd move there if I had some sort of skill they needed.

Americans can have dual citizenship, yes, but it is not recognized by the US Government.

Also if you immigrate to another country, the IRS still wants you to report your income to them.

What do you think Singapore is like? I'm curious as to why you'd want to move there.

born in america have citizenship
got Mexican citizenship also cause mom

You have to go back
And you, kike

Clean, orderly, safe. Kind of boring as well but just get cheap flights to the rest of SEA when you want to take a break.

We can, our country just doesn't recognize it. They will only ever consider you American.

I don't know if Singapore allows for dual citizenship

Yeah it is exactly all of those things. A very nice summation, my friend.

Don't forget outrageously expensive and cramped. If you like large (or even medium sized) living space, forget it.

Oh and freedom too - it's pretty much a dictatorship in many practices.

It does not and as of right now you cannot even naturalize as a Singaporean so this thread is pretty useless.

What did you do for a living there?

I checked. Nope.

google.com/search?q=singapore dual citizenship&oq=singapore dual citizenship&aqs=chrome..69i57.8591j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

legal American citizen born in a private hospital. I don't take uncle Sam's hand out like you nigger

High prices are mostly for expats

If you're a PR you can serve 2 years military service for citizenship, one of my basic military training sergeants was a burmese guy serving for citizenship

>dual citizenship isn't recognized
What the fuck does that even mean? Why would anyone want to be "recognized" as a citizen from another country if they live in the US and have US citizenship? Literally the only reason to have dual citizenship is for easy travel back and forth and having the option to live in either country if you want to.

I love the food and efficient transportation network. Visited Singapore many (~10) times over the years.

Would definitely consider moving there on a permanent basis if the opportunity presented itself.

Systems Engineering.

>High prices are mostly for expats
Yeah you could get a nice meal at a hawker stand for 1SGD.

>If you're a PR you can serve 2 years military service for citizenship
You can do that here too, though in Singapore you'd still have to abandon your previous nationality. Can't say I'd miss being Burmese.

No

Nope, I'm American and Kiwi, It's just that I'm wholly considered American by the government

Kiwi is really just an Eastern province of Australia and not really considered a country.

Anyone know what the square pokeball below the signet means? I just renewed my passports and that's the only thing that changed from the old ones.

Hahah I remember this meal. Good times.

What's wrong with being Burmese? That country is pretty nice if you have money

Prices I admit are also bullshit, and it's been steadily increasing over the years. Although it's more of because we're richer than most of our neighbors that everything is more expensive.

Then again I mostly cook these days since eating out is so expensive

It's telling other nations that there is an electronic chip inside the passport that has all your information on it. Those RFID passports became standard after 9/11.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport

Go live in Myanmar if you wish. I'd just have a much easier time giving up that nationality for Singaporean then American.

Yeah that's one of the only practical problems with Singapore. Amazing place to visit and live otherwise. Did you ever get Indonesia back for burning all those forests?

Comfy. I need to know how to make this.

the cost of buying a car is crazy. what is the going rate atm to even have the right to consider purchasing one?

Have you been to Myanmar? What did you think about it? I'm just curious. I've been there and it's extremely poor but I loved the women

>Have you been to Myanmar?
No. I don't have anything good or bad to say about it and I have only ever met one Burmese person before. I admit she was a pretty cute petite girl.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainanese_chicken_rice

I haven't been yet but it is on the to do list.

The temples look amazing.

We can't stop the indogs from smoking so much but we can't do anything if they refuse our help in firefighting

Car prices are super expensive because we have very small roads and limited land space, so vehicle dealing is heavily quota'd. It's a necessary evil to minimize traffic obstruction as much as possible so that commuters are less affected

It's a lot more 3rd world than Thailand, lots of crushing poverty

It means that as an American, you can naturalize anywhere that allows it, but.....in the US governments eyes, you are solely American. The catch is, no matter where you go Uncle Sam wants your shekels.

Only if you make over $100k a year though.