Band shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Band shirts: profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/search/text/profound social statement/page/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that guy is signed to Gira's label lol

depends how you wear them...

if you're wearing them in a "look how cool i am, i listen to _____", or wearing super edgy metal tee's as the focus of your outfit, then it's cringey. And I say this even as a big metalhead, some tee's are just cringey no matter how much you may like the band

but if it's tasteful and/or artistic design and you wear it like any other graphic tee, as just another shirt in your wardrobe without absolutely calling attention to it, then no harm no foul

>drinking a Samuel Adams
High level faggotry

>wahh Senpai Gira likes this man and his art more than me wahhh

Literally wearing a Flaming Lips shirt right now.

i only wear my friends band shirts :)

wearing merchandise that is literally advertising for itself is fucking retarded.
feeling the need to show to the world things you like on your clothing is like some weird armor for insecurity.

I own a few local band and indie wrestling shirts and i literally don't ever wear them, I just bought them to support the hard working small man.

>cringey
only posers cringe, do not entry

What, as opposed to advertising for fashion designers?

kys, wear whatever you want.

He's right about the Sam Adams though.

no?
that's literally the same thing
wearing clothing with any kind of branding or emblems is equally retarded. unless you get fucking paid to wear them anyways. I'll wear fucking kotex t-shirts if they'll pay me to.

i only make mny own clothes retard

Band shirts are a just some vapid fashion cue. If you want to look alternative or rebellious you wear one and choose a good filter.

I sincerely hope none of you where band shirts that actually have three bands' name on it.

Or a good conversation starter, or wanting to share taste, or wanting to meet people with the same interests when going out, or your other shit was in the laundry, i can go on.

Just something to cover my chest, just like anything else. Why is it a big deal?

Or none of those.

Do you just run around naked, since you care about pointless shit?

Yeah, I never thought much about it myself other than "hey, I like band, let's support and show I like band".

have you literally never seen clothing without visible labels or prints? like do you think when you walk down the street wearing a plain t-shirt people just know that the tag inside the neck says?

like, are you blind or just retarded?

t. boring moron

>have you literally never seen clothing without visible labels or prints?
Wait, do you specifically seek out and only wear clothes with no markings at all?

That's literally the same as specifically seeking out clothes with markings.

t. doesn't even own a Blasphemy hoodie

>having to show your interests on your t-shirt so people know what you like and so people might talk to you makes you not boring

yeah man not pushing my preferences on people is absolutely the same thing
do none of you anons have like office jobs? dress clothing with dumb shit all over it is probably harder to find than without.

Why are you such a pessimistic dolt of a human?

>NERVOUSLY WORRYING ABOUT WHAT TO WEAR
who the fuck cares you insecure faggots..

>not being a shill or a lamefag who needs literal labels for strangers to see makes me a pessimist

i'm optimistic one day you anons will get real jobs and move out of your parents' houses, for starts

Imagine being proud of being a soulless cubicle drone.

>Profound social statement
Nah. Just shows what you like.
>Sign of insecurity
Only if you act like an autist about it and think you're hot shit for wearing such things.

>wow, see that guy wearing a designer shirt?
>STOP PUSHING THAT ON ME!
Are you autistic? Serious quetsion.
>do none of you anons have like office jobs?
I'm self employed, a musician and engineer. I also work in music education. 75% of all my shirts are just band shirts.

Honestly I avoid people who have completely blank clothes. Absolutely no character.

jesus christ man it's a fucking shirt, do you really think you would be pushing preferences

it’s just a shirt. but desu it looks cringy unless you’re good looking

this guy is posting this same shit for four years already, look at him and laugh
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/search/text/profound social statement/page/1/

>posts WWE pics
>brags about dressing like an extra in an episode of friends
>tries to defend himself by claiming he has an office job and literally no life outside of that
So you have shit taste, no mates and are an idiot. Cool.

I got some cool band shirts. My only issue is some of them are huge and some are tiny because t-shirt sizes vary massively. I also have some good progress wrestling shirts because I have good taste, unlike you and your Dolph Ziggler shit.

If you're good looking then it looks good. If you're ugly then it looks ugly. Simple as that. I like supporting underground bands and advertising for them. No skin off my nuts.

It's only acceptable if you purchased it from the concert.

Going out of the way to pick them up online comes off as desperate and insecure

>Going out of the way to pick them up online comes off as desperate and insecure
Do you find music online by chance?

>tfw you wear mostly unknown bands merch so no one knows it's a band shirt

>Being so autistic that you only by t-shirts at shows because you think everyone is psychic and will know it if you buy them anywhere else and for some reason they will judge you for it.
Hell yeah, I only buy my ASICS footwear at 100meter sprint events.

elitism over alcohol is the stupidest fucking thing. literally pleb-tier.

I wear band shirts a lot, but I've never thought deeply about it. I'm not really interested in fashion or dressing well, so band shirts are the only aspect of clothing that I'm interested enough in to prevent me from just wearing my pyjamas wherever I go. Currently wearing a Cattle Decapitation shirt for the record

>LOOK AT ME I HAVE A JOB I'M WORKING AT A OFFICE WHILE YOU LAZY ASS FAGGOTS ARE JUST ENJOYING YOURSELVES

Fuck you, I'm a engineer and I wear band shirts while working. If you have a boring job it's your problem, dickhead.

It went from an act of support to just something you want to be associated with. It's almost like music appreciation, just a fashion accessory.

>band shirts are the only aspect of clothing that I'm interested enough in to prevent me from just wearing my pyjamas wherever I go

This.

>we've had this same thread same topic same image a few times

god damn I feel autistic now

anyways nothing wrong with band tee's well unless they look god awful

I own a scorpions and a dio tshirt. They look good and they have logos of bands I like. No need to overcomplicate things.

I only use band shirts as sleep clothing, while doing sports or when doing something that can get them ruined, like fixing the car or painting. I only buy them to support local bands. Most of the time they end up being a cleaning cloth.

I'm not elitist. People who drink shit beer are just faggots.

Imagine being so much of a pretentious asshole that you judge someone for wearing a band t-shirt

how are you supposed to express that user

To be fair the whole reason we have different clothes is so we can judge each other. If you think you aren't judging people when you see them then you're an idiot - it's part of our survival and mating instincts.
Intentionally dressing like a wall out of shame is sad though.

If anything, that's less pretentious than wearing a band T-shirt just for the sake of being pretentious.

I don't think you know what pretentious means

Judging people based on how they dress might be shallow but not inherently pretentious (it can be, tho), picking up an established fashion just to be associated with a group of people or a movement is more often than not pretentious.

god, the post in here are insecure... im going to keep getting laid yall going to keep getting heated.

>picking up an established fashion just to be associated with a group of people or a movement is more often than not pretentious.
Or maybe people just like a band, so they were the shirt.

Read the original reply, it was about picking a shirt based on pretentiousness, not for design or other motives.

Making assumptions of the purpose of wearing band shirts is more pretentious.

The act of wearing any clothes is actively seeking to be part of a group (society as a whole). Fucking brainlet. Pretentious would be walking up to someone and telling them your t-shirt is made from the best cotton for no reason. Learn what words mean and stop trying to be philosophical because you are entirely incapable of it.

Less pretentious than wearing a T-shirt for the sake of being pretentious, tho.
>more often than not
learn to read, brainlet

I honestly approach band t-shirts as a form of virtue signaling. I only wear them in hopes of the shirt being a good dialogue opener and making new friends from shared tastes. I also try to buy them to where the proceeds go to support the band too.

>Less pretentious than wearing a T-shirt for the sake of being pretentious
Which no one does, if they are wearing a band shirt

Your circular logic won't work here

>Which no one does
That's just being naive.

Prove otherwise

I don't think it's common among metalheads as they do seem to wear what they enjoy, but in other groups they pride in wearing obscure band shirts, just because they're obscure.

Nobody does this

>but in other groups they pride in wearing obscure band shirts, just because they're obscure.
Nice anecdotal evidence

Try again.

>it doesn't matter if everything I wrote was actually pretentious gibberish making my entire argument an ironic joke, so long as I write "most of the time" I can't be argued with !
How are you such an idiot?

>make a point on how something can be pretentious depending on the motives and end result
yet you somehow think I implied that the activity was pretentious from the get go, and not only that, even repeated the whole "it can be pretentious if", fucking dumbass

>if I speak in generalities, I'll always be right!
kys

you're triggered over a beer? suicide's probably a good option for you. things aren't going to get easier.

You'll never know the motives of everyone.
So it's retarded to say it's inherently bad to wear a band shirt

this entire post wreaks of insecurity. Imagine actually being as hurt as you are over a t-shirt.

go back to slumping against the wall at concerts, sipping your beer, and pretending that people areactually maybe looking at you. they're not.

>a motive can be pretentious so anything that that motive can apply to is inherently pretentious
Stop posting, you are literally being pretentious you hypocrite.

I think everyone arguing in this thread should state their favorite artists just to give some perspective

Listen to what you enjoy and wear what you like. Who cares what others think? Dont let the masses control your tastes.

Sign of insecurity if you're a /fa/g

More like
>A nonverbal way of letting other people know I’m into music
>Potentially a way of meeting other fans
>Music is literally my only interest/hobby, so what else would I have on a t-shirt (solid color tees are boring and make me look like I’m in a allergy med commercial)

No faggot people aren't supposed to enjoy and talk about music

Usually neither.

It's basically just a signal for other fans to notice.

I have the following band shirts (one I've had since I was 11years old):
Tricot, Boris, Mercury Rev, Wild Nothing, Cradle of Filth, Weezer, Blink 182, Avril Lavigne, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Paramore, Metallica, Protest the Hero, Anathema, Danzig, Rob Zombie. All I can remember, hope this satiates your weird demands.

>Mercury Rev
What's this doing in there?

It is a shirt I have had since 2009. Not sure what you're confused about.

Why though?

none you autistic fuck

Because they are a band I like and it's a nice shirt. Pretty obvious answer.

>Because they are a band I like
Why do you like them?

Also note you seem to like Metallica and Paramore and Blink 182 and Protest the Hero

Didn't buy the Metallica shirt myself, Paramore and Protest the Hero are both great bands. Have the Blink 182 shirt since I was 11.

Didn't answer my question. Why do you like them?

Neither? 99% of people who wear band T-shirt’s do it because they like the band.

Because I like them. Like isn't quantifiable of worthy of discussion.
I don't fool myself into only liking specific things from a curated selection to fit into an imagined category, my man.

>Like isn't quantifiable of worthy of discussion.
But stating you like something *is*?

Sounds to me you "like" them for the wrong reasons.

Bruh don't be that person who doesn't have nuanced opinions about things he likes

Makes you sound either uneducated or insecure

I'm just new to this shitposting thing. A faggot is a faggot regardless of whether or not you call one out. I do so anonymously and now you suggest I commit suicide? You are a faggot. I bet you drink shitty beer.

>Make up some bullshit about why you like things or you're a fag !
The fuck is wrong with you?
I like what I like, I'm not some retard who confuses preference and critical thinking.

>Make up some bullshit
No I'm asking you the real reason you like it, not a pretend reason
>I like what I like
But why do you like it in the first place?

I just want my music appreciation teacher to notice me

You don't know why you like something?
.wow you must be a brainlet who doesn't put a lot of thought into things