youtube.com/watch?v=URSOqWtLix4
youtube.com/watch?v=CiBCYhS8byg
youtube.com/watch?v=IP_VOm7i_pA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cameron

>grossed more money than exists on earth
>wrong
It served its purpose.

Jimmy was so focused on "OH WOW NEW 3D!!" that he forgot to put in any dialog or interesting characters.

objectively nothing

you're right. no quips or anything. not like starlord. 2/10.

>highest grossing film in history
>completely forgotten in under a decade
JUST

Cry more.
This is what butthurt haters actually believe

Absolutely nothing. Just 2 years left.

watch avatar in 2D on a regular sized TV. its shit.

the entire movie relies on a gimmick.

>completely forgotten about

it literally has an entire section of disney world dedicated to it

a video previewing this went viral

the comment section of this video is full of people begging for a sequel

What does the word "forgotten" even mean to you? It's more relevant than any non established franchise film in the past 10 years.

because it's fucking stupid

a cripple getting carried away with in essence roleplaying as a weird blue alien

>lower gravity
>has wildlife that can still function after hitting fucking metallic war machines

The finale was all bullshit, there is not a fucking animal on earth that could dent a tank in our world even if you dropped a blue whale on the tank all that would happen is the blue whale turns into an explosion of flesh and blood all over the tank.

Yet you expect me to think these things that have even lower gravity than us could do jackshit to futuristic war machines?

What did Cameron mean by this?

>there is not a fucking animal on earth
Lucky the movie wasnt set on fucking earth then

>there is not a fucking animal on earth

But there's one on Pandora :^)

>10 years ago
>STILL the best looking movie ever made

how did jim do it?

the video doesnt show anything, just clips from the movie. but you earned your 10 cents.

and videos of cats falling over go viral, that doesnt mean shit either.

It's been keeping Cameron from making any good action films for the past 15 years

it means people care about cats and people care about avatar

The CGI didnt even age that well

BULLSHIT, find a better looking CGI alien/creature from before 2009.

Fucking Star Wars in 2016 still can't make cgi aliens look believable. Avatar was ahead of its time

Dude, Jimbro's usually hate Disney, SW and Marvel especially. And the Avatar franchise is still owned by 20th Century Fox

>"it didnt age well"
>"well find something from before it that looks better!"

she looks good if you only look at her

bad cgi

i meant after 2009 :/

all the CGI work on Avatar focused on the two lead characters, everybody else .. monsters included ... looked like shit.

more samples incoming.

what game is this?

top keke

What will the butthurt haters do when Avatar 2 becomes the highest grossing film of all time?

wot about dis nigga? he looks fine

hasnt aged a day

they go for tickets

>what went wrong
nothing
youtube.com/watch?v=CiBCYhS8byg

thats a yify rip, the vaseline appearance gives it away

holy shit! Jim Cameron is one sneaky bastard.

It would affirm my view that to appeal to the masses you have to write generic story lines with stereotypical characters and make sure that the movie has some glitzy eye effects candy. And also remember to use well known actors to prop it up further.

>Cameron

He's lost it. I couldn't believe how inundated in SJW rhetoric this movie turned out. The genuinely beautiful 3D imagery just couldn't save a one-dimensional story. And honestly, I couldn't even see any directorial style. At least "Titantic" still felt like a James Cameron movie.

The boxoffice of this movie still baffles me. Why did this movie break the records? James Cameron really was that big a deal?

Huge amount of world building, actually the best 3d I have seen in a movie, but no characters.

It was almost identical to his 3d nature documentaries, I have seen one in a theater with 3d, it's uncanny how similar they are.

What the fuck man. Just look at her face, there are no muscles in her face that move. Stop staring at the eyes and look he cheeks and rest of the face. The tech was created so that they had very realistic eye shaders to make them look realistic. But they don't have modern muscle simulation in their face. It's like a blue stake with human eyes and believable lips attached.

Just go see a modern animated movie and they look more animated and believable characters.

It's literally three hours of flashy CGI with basically no story and full of environmentalist propaganda

>papyrus font

>it literally has an entire section of disney world dedicated to it
And you think that Disney doesn't regret it? They bought in 2010 it because they were desperate due to Universal's Harry Potter land becoming so ridiculously popular and at the moment it seemed like a good idea.

Now they'd rather hype up more their upcoming Star Wars and Pixar land expansions.

name a single character from the film without looking it up you can't

I think he went for a zero risk option. Immersive, flashy word, a story that even a retard could follow. He did not want to risk after investing that much into the technology.

>muh "SJWs"

get off the internet for a bit kid, it'll do you wonders

Nothing: The movie was basically a tech demonstrator for 3D, right?

That was retarded, and too long to be funny.

JAKE SOOLY

Sully
Blue Princess
Commander Asshole
Sigourney Weaver
Michelle Rodriguez

You would say the same about Terminator or Aliens if they came out today. You're just making things up to try and justify your decided opinion.

DUDE LETS JUST RETELL POCAHONTAS OR FERN GULLY AGAIN LAMMAOAO

Jake Sully
Ney'tiri
Tsu'Tey
Eywa
Quaritch
Grace Something

>dude brevity is the souls of wit lmao

George Lucas made mostly CGI movies about alien worlds and war first. And the CGI in Avatar is just as dated as the prequels. Old Jimbo's a hack.

no you couldn't say the same about Terminator or Aliens. His post doesn't apply to them in any way.

ironically is you who's looking for cheap excuses to justify your opinion, based on this post alone

>hating James Cameron
>hating the one guy in Hollywood who can still do whatever the fuck he wants
>hating the absolute madman who made two of the most successful films ever made
>hating the visionary who is bringing to us an original sci-fi epic in an era of endless capeshit and starshit
ishygddt

I loved Terminator and Titanic is one of the most iconic movies of all time.

But Avatar is shit aside from the 3D, sorry user.

Aliens even changed the genre of the first movie.
I genuinely have no idea of what the fuck are you talking about.

I meant the plot and the "tree-good, military-bad" as HT puts it, mainly.
District 9 came out the same year or close.

youtube.com/watch?v=IP_VOm7i_pA

It doesn't matter if you're in the right or not, or even what your cause is. If you're dressing up like a Na'vi, you look like a damn fool.

They didn't kill Ozai.

It was either not killing him or giving him a Disney death.

The biggest problem was Zuko not getting to beat Azula.

Nothing. It was a good action movie, with a simple main character with a simple arc. Not everything has to be complicated.

There's literally nothing wrong with that

The Cinematography is designed around the third dimension. Avatar doesn't exist outside of 4k 3d theaters. Pretending that it does is lunacy

>James Cameron really was that big a deal
Nobody remembered who Cameron was you retard

natiri

Natiro
Joke Sorry
Gemerald Quarterich
Moaut
Ayyyy2khan
MarySuetay
Trudieee

Humans were the bad guys

writer/director/executive producer/etc

did cameron envision avatar being the next star wars?

Look at the money it made and tell me what went wrong
Or maybe it didnt please enough neckbeard virgins on an anonymous meme board