Is this the best CGI in history of cinema so far?

Is this the best CGI in history of cinema so far?

its neat

its great my nigga

That's real though. I can tell by the pixels.

Are all of these new ape movies the same
The plots for all 3 of them so far seem like the goddamn same thing

how the fuck does the plot of 1 and 2 seem the same nigga?

>CGI

they were real, apes are easy to work with

bit racist?

It involves apes, but theyre blue.

>cats are apes now

I guess the way to avoid Rogue One's uncanny valley is to make non-human CGI characters

Kong from the 2005 film is the best looking cgi ive seen. And that was 11 years ago

Real monkies don't have pixels.

>humanoid aliens are somehow felines

1 and 2 were entirely different, but this next movie does look like the same plot as 2, only "more dire".

Instead of it being the "second to last battle for humanity", it's now the "last battle for humanity".

Not very interesting but I'll watch it.

It starts looking a bit aged in a couple of scenes but his animation is top notch and still reigns supreme

>I pretend to be retarded for free

show me a scene or shot that looks better than Maurice

Dinosaur stampede was shit even back then, long himself was awesome

No.

Jungle Book (2016) has the best cgi.

The plot of 2 and 3 are going to be different. Same idea that it's basically humans vs. apes, but 2 was more about how they could work together. This one looks like war from the get go

>Im retarded for (you)s

The planet of the apes is the best franchise in the last 10 years, how can capeshit even compete?

It's because it's constantly raining in those movies. CGI always looks "wet" - so they are fooling your brain to think it's because of the water. Del Toro used the same trick in Pacific Rim.

I get that, it just isn't nearly as differentiated as the first 2 in my opinion but that's completely fine, I'm still looking forward to seeing it

more like dots L M A O

Why don't more movies do that?

Not all CGI movies can have rainy scenery

More of them should though.

The tongue doesn't look real.

It's from 25 years ago, nimrod.

No this was

The modelling and animation is amazing. The problem is the lighting. There are some shots in the dinosaur scene that looks incredible, like I think she's in a tree and she looks across and sees a dinosaur on the other side of the shot? Looked great. When they're running through the legs and the lighting of the sun is different from the lighting on the legs of the dinos and on the actors, it's shit. The LED lighting tech from Gravity wasn't around yet to so it just looks awful.

The fucking GOAT

still not as good as OPs example

Not even close

everytime

It is pretty cool how it somehow still looks like Bill Nighy.

kek

Fucking nutron

This desu

Why don't you ask an orangutan?

Uncanny Valley is difficult to pick up on unfamiliar faces.

keep in mind it was the first movie EVER (ever) to have a CGI animal in it.

Orangutan > Davey Jones > King Kong = Young Michael Douglas >>> the rest

Where is Kragger?

Pretty much, yeah. It's what I always cite if CGI comes up in a conversation for whatever reason. We watched the new Tarzan movie at Christmas and my uncle kept on going on about how great the CGI was (if you haven't seen it, it is entirely average). I told him to go watch this.

underrated

>This nigga never saw Rango

>Maurice will die in War

i think OP meant convincing or realistic looking

Nah, its their crowning CGI achievement, they gonna keep him

Prolly Ceasars kid or wife are goners tho

How is he so based? Iron Man and Jungle Book both have some of the best CGI of all time. Elf is a modern Christmas classic. Chef is a great little film as well. Is he perhaps even, dare I utter these words, /ourguy/ ?

what CGI? that's a real domesticated orangutan

holy shit just shut the fuck up already

t. Shane Black

My nema jeffff xDDD