Why are the new Star Wars characters so dull and boring?

Why are the new Star Wars characters so dull and boring?

Just rewatched Force Awakens after seeing Rogue One. We NEED George back

>prequel characters
>not boring

The prequel characters were incredibly flawed and intricate. The prequels felt like a Shakespearean tragedy. The new Star Wars movies are so empty

She is not boring, she is cute. Cute is not boring.

You mean OP Mary Sue

MaREY sue has way too much facial movement, it's unnerving. Finn is the most out of place character in Star Wars history. Literally sounds like someone from the Bronx.

He's also Marvel tier quipping. How can anyone defend this and say MCU films suck in the same sentence?

Of course she was a Mary Sue. On Sup Forums Mary Sue is defined as "anyone who can do anything that I can't".

>Finn sounds like someone from the Bronx
Opinion discarded.

I think she is cute, but most definitely a Mary Starsue

Finn is fucking based and his chemistry with Poe saved the entire film.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Literally kys faggot

>a girl who grew up alone in the desset can fly and repair the Millennium Falcon as good as Han Solo, instantly master a blaster and light saber, use the force with no training and never meeting someone who uses the force, have everyone love her, speak wookie, etc.

>Star Wars fags thinking they are part of some patrician franchise and that newer movies are ruining it
There are two aspects to a Star Wars movie. An immersive science fiction setting and big visceral science fiction battles. That's it. That's the only reason people like it Star Wars.

Spend over half an hour looking at aliens just going about their business in a seemingly fleshed out setting and like 20 minutes of actors being blown up in cockpits or models blowing up and voila, a top notch Star Wars flick.

This Finn, Poe, and the original cast were the only good parts of TFA

Yes, and I can't do that. Neither can you. That's because we don't have literal magic powers. That is why by Sup Forums standards she is a Mary Sue.

Hell, even whats her face from the new movie is a bit of a Mary Sue. I couldn't jump like that and most likely would cut and run rather than giving my life for the freedom of the galaxy.

>dude based finn stole le show xD

>soldier from birth/young age turned traitor yet shows no signs of this background in his character

>We never see him struggle with fitting in with common folk, his ingrained training hindering him or even helping him, or any conflict killing his former brothers in arm

>DROID PLEASE

>I'M IN CHARGE NOW PHASMA I'M IN CHARGE

>You got a boyfriend, cute boyfriend?

>biggest ugliest mug in cinematic history and JJ makes a point to show his sweaty greasy face full frame in IMAX 3D to make a point.

Explain how this isn't marvel tier trash disney shills.

Now compare her to Luke.

/thread

Except half of those critiques of Rey are nonsensical.

She knows about the falcon because she worked in an outpost where the falcon was. She had to survive as a child/teen in a hostile environment, where she obviously learned fighting and piloting abilities.

Her backstory is filled with tons more hardships than bourgeois farmboy Luke.

This.

>bourgeois farmboy
heh

Luke is the chosen one though

>She knows about the falcon because she worked in an outpost where the falcon was

Blame the script then for making her a seemingly perfect character. You can give all the reasoning in the world, Rey is plain boring, there's nothing defining about her except she can do anything the plot requires, and the more.

Explain how you aren't a triggered paranoid mess, everybody that likes something you don't is obviously a shill right? Act like an adult at some point in your life.

No he isn't, Rey is... until she fucks up like Anaken and Luke did and someone else becomes the new chosen one.

She is supposed to be a new kind of prodigy. Just like Anakin was.

Did we forget the shit when he jumped out of a car only to land on one perfectly in episode 2?

>implying Stormtroopers don't talk like regular people
Maybe these conditioned ones might, but they're still people and most of them still talk like normal people

>she obviously learned fighting and piloting abilities.

A kid born in a favela can put up a fight better than a spoiled kid, I can kinda believe it, but si not specifically trained for it. Not to overcome 4 dudes. Also, this does not automatically makes you a pilot, know wookie, know the falcon better than han solo, know droid (the latter I can accept).

This is not a rebuttal. Not even close.

Anakin was being trained for like 10 years when that happened

>people forget a 9 year old Anakin destroyed the Trade Federation flagship

Anikan built a podracer in a cave with a box of scraps, raced said heap of scraps, beat a dozen professional racers, and destroyed a droid battle station, at the age of 10 with no training whatsoever. Just the shit he pulled off in the podraces was absurd.

>implying TPM is good
>implying "well, that was in TPM, too" is an argument to defend a movie

90% by accident and with R2's help.

>from the same pile of scraps that the ship from Naboo was repaired with

Whoa, are you put into a catatonic state when you watch movies?

The other Pod Racers were the alien equivalent of white trash. Humans are more intelligent than ayy lmaos

>bourgeois farmboy
now _this_ really made me think...

>tatooine is paradise

Republic law isn't enforced on Tatooine, hence slavery is legal.

>wraids
>wompas
>stryks
>krayt dragons

blast yourself

I hate Star Wars 7.

The New Order have arrived and are killing planets, even though they should never have had that much power in the first place, with them being defeated in 6. That just means all the shit Luke, Leia and Han fought for didn't mean shit. Thanks JewJew for bringing back the Star Wars magic :^). Also the rebels are now the ones in charge, even though they're still called the rebels. And the not Empire are using the same death ball with the same weakness where the shields were dropped by the most loyal Stormtrooper by a space janitor nigger.

MaRay Sue can fly the ship better than Han, she can use the force better than Luke and she is more of a powerful single woman than Leia. All of these talents and she can't act.

He also never finished a race before meeting Obi-Wan

we need MORE Star Wars threads MORE

Anakin was an immaculate conception by the Force. He isnt even truly human he is allowed to be OP

/thread

>he doesn't get the reference

That's racist!

Did Obi Wan fuck Padme? ROTS is kind of inconsistent on that

>Tee-hee I eat like an autistic child
>JK I know everything and can kill anyone

she chews like the british chav she is.

There is zero evidence to even put that idea in your head

lol, no his mother was a whore

virgin slaves sell for more so Watto told her to convince everyone it was emaculate conception

>mfw I finally realized the PT is actually great and deep, but not for everyone

(you)

my question is why everyone has to be a fucking abercrombie model?

Films were better when people were kinda goofy looking

Qui-Gon was Anakin's dad.
Discuss.

>mfw people actually believe this

>We NEED George back
"No!"

The Prequel Trilogy is brilliant. The only flaw is some of the dialogue.

>The Prequel Trilogy is brilliant. The only flaw is some of the dialogue.
"No!"

I like rey

>bourgeois farmboy
Why don't commies know what their own terms mean

By dumb luck, not skill.

are they dancing?

>sounds like someone from the Bronx.

I'm not sure you even know what the Bronx is.

lmao please tell me that beginning was edited

i haven't seen this shitpile in so long

It isn't. This one isn't either.

kek lost

>not even a ylyl thread

>a girl who grew up alone in the dessert
That's wrong. Also she didn't even repair the MF. Besides, we can assume some level of technical proficiency after her growing up scavenging Star Destroyers all of her life.

>instantly master a blaster and light saber
I remember her forgetting to turn the safety off, hitting the Stormtrooper on her second attempt then running away.
She uses her bow-staff thing earlier in the film pretty effectively which, along with her being gifted in the force, is a decent explanation of her handling herself well with a lightsaber.

>use the force with no training and never meeting someone who uses the force
The film is called The Force Awakens. She's a gifted Force user. And she knows about the mind-tricks etc because of the stories of the Jedi.

>have everyone love her, speak wookie, etc
Fair point I suppose. I don't see why it's an issue that our main character is likeable, though.

>people actually defend Rey being a Mary Sue

>he doesn't realize Jar Jar is Darth Plageuos

Disney Shiill

>"The prequels felt like a Shakespearean tragedy."
The only people who say this are people who have never studied Shakespeare.

In complete honesty, if any of you have the mental capacity to look past nostalgia and memes, there has never been a good Star Wars movie. Every single one is pleb tier trash.

What happens next?

>People holding on to a sad need to prove their worth by pretending to critique popular movies

Search your feelings, you know it to be true

Well refuted.

Basically this.

There are two aspects of a "good" Star Wars movie. An immersive science fiction setting that seems fleshed out and big space visceral explosions in that setting.

What about likeable characters?

This is great b8
The tonality of them is top-tier and I always watch them with a huge smile on my face but lmao "shakespearean" is trolling

It's fucking star wars
Anakin is raw angst

Hero, Wise Mentor, Comic Relief, Cool Guy. Tropes on tropes on tropes. SW fans only pretend to care about character dev

I didn't say deep. I said likable. You can boil down any character from any medium in the way that you just did. It doesn't prove anything.

>implying the Sand monologue isn't poetry of the highest caliber