youtube.com/watch?v=A_JnNrMwxtI
youtube.com/watch?v=X_oZ5pIuGrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one album wonder t b h

>one album wonder t b h
This sentiment all the way.

well, for one he's a n*gg*r

>What went fucking wrong?
I Am, Nastradamus, Stillmatic, Street's Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead, Untitled, and Distant Relatives

>One album wonde-

But gods son, stillmatic and life is good are bangers.

r.

Rhyming poison with poison 30 times and 'LOL GAY Z' is far from a good album.

In face I'd say it's possibly the worst sequel album in hip hop.

did i mention god's son or life is good in that list?
and stillmatic is overrated trash

Fuck you faggot.

Wow that was an Ether-tier diss.

>gay z and cocafella records
>you tae-bo hoe
>like a AIDS test, what's the results? not positive
>you 36 in a karate class?
>spit the nut back in my dick
>started suckin wit no hands, a whole lotta spit
>yo there's asia, africa, europe, france, japan
>pakistan, america, afghanistan
>yo there's protestants, jews, blacks, arabics
>world (peace) world (peace)
>this goes out to che guevara: a revolutionary destroyed by his country
>doctor's injectin our infants with poison
>i call your holiday "hell-day"
>this nigga Ike with the Iverson jersey, light skinned with herpes
>fuckin sisters in Harlem, Brooklyn, and DC
>this is the problem, cuz he never tell em he got it
>from lettin fags suck him off, riker's island in 93
>dead from the monster AIDS
>what you like dancin diamonds, Dolce and Gabbana
>Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Prada
>Cuz I'm a B.R.A.V.
>E.H.E.A.R.T. from the QB
>nature moved to marcy
>nothin else to say man, nature moved to marcy
fuck off

I dunno man, I like NAS's aesthetic, it's my favourite kind of old school rap.

Why is Stillmatic so polarizing still? Some of the production has aged a lot and there's a dash of filler, but the highs are still really solid. More of a warmup for God's Son if you ask me.

I like plenty of NY shit too but he's far from the first artist I'd go to.

Look man he's better than Jay-Z, he's just a garbage version of Kanye.

>jay-z
>comparable to kanye
kanye and jay are two completely different types of rappers. why don't you actually listen to a jay project you fucking backpacker

>Versatile, my style switches, like a faggot
>But not bisexual; I'm an intellectual
They're just mad about this.

>why don't you actually listen to a jay project
Because I've already heard one, and every Jay project sounds the same.

The line where he's like "I'M NOT A BUSINESSMAN IM A BUSINESS MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" is enough for me.

>he's better than Jay-Z
I'd listen to Jay Z's work over 95% of Nas's.

Nas was always bad, dusty grandpappy rap. While this became increasingly obvious on his later works, his first album somehow remains a classic to sheltered white suburbanites.

>every Jay project sounds the same
and this is how i know you've never listened to a single jay project
>refusing to listen to an artist based on a line they said in a feature verse

>2018
>Liking Jay-Z
>Using meme arrows

Minus a few tracks I'd say Untitled is in his top 3 behind Illmatic and IWW.

pleb detected

another pleb detected

even more plebs?

damn, Sup Forums doesn't know it's rap

Not his third but the Intro, Fried Chicken and Project Roach are Certified classic

Fuck off bitch I know Wu tang Clan, ghost face killah, mf doom, dalek, fuuuck yooooo

Lost Tapes > Illmatic

Everyone would know this if they listened to any other Nas album except fucking Illmatic

>Fried Chicken
>Certified classic
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE TO BE ON NAS' DICK TO ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS

Which is all meme rap and Sup Forums-core

Certified pleb faggot

Illmatic > It Was Written > Life Is Good > God's Son > The Lost Tapes > Hip Hop Is Dead > Distant Relatives > Stillmatic > I Am > Untitled > Street's Disciple > Nastradamus

If you had listened to the album you would know, pleb. What's your favorite song of The Nigger album?

nigger (the slave and the master)

I swear to god people saying mf doom is meme rapper all the time on Sup Forums is proof enough this place fucking died.

>Illmatic at first
>Life is Good at third
>Lost Tapes at fourth
>Stillmatic at eighth
>Untitled at tenth
>HHID not last

Fuck you, i'll admit i'm triggered.

Nas is goat tier but largely irrelevant to modern music so of colurse the 16-22 year old demographic of vice reading Migos listening soyboys on here don't like him

It really is sad.

Anyone want these unreleased Nas projects/mixtapes? also got the original Firm album before being butchered by sample wars and Dre

Nah man I'm 20 and I like both, fuck migos tho Travis is better. Still what ever people say, Illmatic is still the greatest rap album created.

youtube.com/watch?v=X4qYox-Gb70

Listen to those three verses and tell me he isn't one of GOAT.

Or to people who know good hip hop when they hear it.

Migos bump in the whip u fucking soyboy. Go listen to your "conscious" hip-hop grandpa

would kill to hear that firm album

the worst insult trap listening hypebeast degenerates have is that boom bap/conscious hip hop is 'old'

>people who know good hip hop

back to your special school trip fag

What is this old school backpack underground lyrical old head boom bap shit? MIKE WILL DIDN'T MAKE IT, AYYYY WHERE'S THE TRAP SHAWTY?

TFW you realize It Was Written was better than Illmatic
Don't worry son, you'll get it when you're a little older

Reminds me of how Lil Uzi Vert refused to freestyle over Gang Starr's Mass Appeal.

nobody believes me but i think he had ghostwritting on illimatic and IWW

if you're still here

www35.zippyshare.com/v/Vz0vE7xQ/file.html

Some songs are low quality but it's because they weren't released in high quality or weren't released at all

Citation needed

nah he continues to write great verses throughout his career, his beats just progressively get shittier

THEY NEVER REALIZED

I'm willing to entertain this theory but who do you think wrote it?

damn right I'm still here
thank you user, you just made my night

His flow is simplified on that album. Also the production is much more commercial. The only song on IWW that is as good as anything on Illmatic is I Gave You Power. I still like it, I just think both the raps and beats are weaker. But compared to Illmatic that would be the same for 99% of hip hop.

this

He's good, on the same level as guys like Biggie and Pete Rock. But he's not god tier.

What about Take It In Blood and Watch Dem Niggas? Or Shootouts or Suspect?

New album he gonna drop gonna be god tier.

Nas is shit. ive never been that impressed by these word play rappers, how the fuck did black poetry go from gil scott heron to this piece of shit??

Sad that you can't find things you like unless they're spoonfed to you by reddit or Sup Forums :X

Nice bait

Trust me, never gonna drop it

i used to be obsessed with Nas when i was younger, grew out of it desu, he has some witty lines but literally is nothing more than an emcee. hes not an artist, and hes kind of pretentious when you hear him talk

because people like AZ said he had helped nas with writing and as of late there was a song on a recent album that WAS written by a certain MC. Because of that stunt i think he thought it was okay do it back when he made his first 2 LPs. Plus when you listen to them, why is so much more effort put into those tracks than in his later work, lyrically speaking?

You want some goodass black poetry by a serious artist from that era, try this

Are you saying Jay Electronica and stic.man wrote for Nas?

I can only confirm with AZ

Im sure Nas put effort into writing but I know he got help. How much help and who contributed with how much to each track, that's a mystery.

Was Ether or Takeover the better track?

You can confirm? How can you confirm this? I need files and details man!

They both fucking sucked.
But nas wins for the verse
>"ITS LIKE WAITING FOR THE AIDS TEST WHATS THE RESULTS? NOT POSSITIVE"

(((Lil Uzi Vert)))

All great songs, for whatever reason IWW just doesn't have that magical quality Illmatic does. Im just being harsh cause I hold Nas in such high regard. You can definitely tell there is a concerted effort on IWW towards a more commercial sound. Illmatic is a young street rapper rapping all of the best lyrics from his youth some of the hottest east coast producers of the time.

Takeover has the better production, no question. Nas one the beef but Jay made some good points. I find it annoying how Jay fans say that Nas lost because he came immature with 'gay-z' and 'dick sucking lips' type lyrics, completely disregarding all of the solid points Nas made against Jay.

You're trippin the takeover beat bangs hard

Stillmatic Freestyle > Ether
Supa Ugly > Takeover

The only patrician answer.

Unironically, this

Fuck. That cover.

first you said his flow was "dumbed down" then when user exposed you, you changed to "muh Illmatic is just le magic" LMAO reach a little harder, faggot
his rhyme scheme, syllable structure and flow were ALL markedly improved on It Was Written, faggots like you just shill Illmatic to the point where it becomes like an urban myth lmao

I would hug you in real life. This is so fucking true.

it definitely has an overblown urban myth to it, but it's just a more cohesive and consistent album imo

don't fall for it lmao this is a pretty autistic LARP

>Sup Forums is one collective hivemind

>Brain literally powerful enough to grow agriculture and be sustainable for an entire species
That's not dumb at all.

Audibly kek'd

Not that lad but Jay Z has released 3 different albums. 4:44, Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint.

Drug dealing to get ahead and how the life is harsh aka his NAS impression though it's still really good (production rules), listing what he used to do and how he got out of it in a bragging way that still leaves some hints concerning smart investment and shit like that and then full introspection.

Problem is he has like 6 albums that are completely forgettable. I mean, NAS does to, but NAS also has Illmatic on top of another like 3 good albums.

I agree with yall but the Mobb Deep joints on IWW???? fucking classic. the set-up and mainly, live nigga rap. Prodigy again had the better verse on a track with Nas for like the 4th time. The only emcee who always holds his own no matter who he's on a track with. (Earl is the same way for this generation) His verses always stood out to me on multiple tracks with both Rae and Ghostface. P from 93-97 was an animal.

youtube.com/watch?v=6kJUqR5gCtk

Fuck, why did you remind me of P? *sigh*
But Nas got him on ''Tick Tock'' by a hair IMO

P was just a sight to behold. Unfortunately, he just doesn't seem to get his shine. Its all good though. real recognize real. I've never known another MC in the 90s to have a more memorable verse against any Wu member over and over. He does it with ease. The way he spits a verse is like talking to you. effortless. RIP
Another example:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cn5QF63wjWo

Rae killed this one desu

but this is a top 5 P verse

youtube.com/watch?v=A_JnNrMwxtI

''But what about the click?''
If you die, is they comin'?
If you get shot do they feel the bullet?

I cant find a video but i heard az say in an interview he was helping with writing. It was with those two in room writting for lifes a bitch.

that verse is hard af. His complete disregard for how you SHOULD rap is what drew me to him at first. very unorthodox. he's someone who grows on you.
Meth is the closest anyone has come to beating P imo. his verse isn't great by any means but its just so quotable. just like what he did to biggie in 'the what'. meth just had a knack for that. pulls the rug from under you

youtube.com/watch?v=X_oZ5pIuGrI

The third verse of Ether is so fucking viscous. Breaks down his style hopping, his fanboyism, his subtle disses that he always backs off of ect. He also sons him the entire verse talking about how disappointed and shit he is in Jay Z.

Ending it on "you pop shit apoligize nigga just ask kiss" is so perfect.

hes got no STIFFY UH

yo yo tha flow on ether is better than anything on illmatic yo and i read pitchfork monthly and have a rym account with over 6000 reviews i started in 2003.

Are you asking why there was more effort in his earlier work???? It's pretty simple. What's his incentive to really put in good work when he has already made it.

Hes got millions of dollars, fame, and legacy.

"oh no somebody called me out on my bullshit, better change the subject instead of making an actual productive counter argument"

>www35.zippyshare.com/v/Vz0vE7xQ/file.html
bless you user

He has one great album then a string of mediocrity, not a great artist

Lmao

Takeover. Ether was dumb shot like GAY Z

Nothing, (c)rap need to die already