Why do people have a problem with the "flashy" style of lightsaber fighting of the prequels...

Why do people have a problem with the "flashy" style of lightsaber fighting of the prequels? I hear it often complained about but honestly it fits given the Jedi's reputation as superhuman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The problem with the prequels is that most people can't see past its flaws.

The flashy fighting looks silly under scrutiny.

Superhuman? Hmph, with that dance routine of a "fight" they are displaying, I think not. *sigh* If you were anywhere near as intellegent as I, or any reasonably educated person (not a republican hick) you would easily be able too dissect the battle and analyse it deeply and thoughtfuly, using rationality and logic (with these by my side, i am unstoppable). Me personally being exstensively trained in HEMA (Historical European martial arts, for you dumb rednecks), am able to see all the moments in which this choreography, which likens to a homosexual mating dance (dont mistake me for a homophobe, 'tis but a joke), fails to recognise the many openings which these "superhuman" jedi leave for the opponent to strike them down. From the girlish twirls leaving their back exposed, to unnecessary jumps and flips putting them off balance, this fight is nothing but attrocious to anyone with half a brain, and to a connosieur like meself, this is, to quote Oppenheimer, "now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds". simply abbhorrent, childish drivel, ill stick to Stanley Kubrick and Quentin Tarantino thank you very much. Heh, I guess those directors are a little to sophisticated for the type of imbicile who would enjoy a childrens film. You've probably never even heard of them, or seen masterpieces such as Clockwork Orange or The Resevoir Dogs. *shakes head in disdain* What a sad, twisted world we live in...

You've outdone yourself

I'm ambivalent

On the one hand it is kinda cool

On the other you can't help noticing that they're more focused on hitting one-anothers' blades in flashy ways than they are on going in for a kill

There was a time when this was really great to watch. Unfortunately it's become "cool" to hate the prequels so any thread that hints at something great about them will get attacked by hipster fags who worship The Empire Strikes Back.

>The "real sword physics" nitpick from the prequel criticizers mad it into TFA

I never understood this. The OT sabers behave nothing like real swords, why should the prequels? But I do agree the fights were overly choreographed

Better than fucking TFA. Only Anakin vs Obiwan was over the top.

>Better than fucking TFA
Literally a meme opinion

>show jedis in their prime
>people complain

it's retarded

also doesn't fit the mystique of jedis.

>Question predicated on conclusions not established in any way.

Wat did he troll by this?

who the FUCK did he fight two guys with the cutting part at the end of his stick. that guy was gOAt

It's emotionless.

The OT duels, barring the first one which was just genre schlock, all had some particular emotion apparent in them. In ESB Luke fights cocky and tenaciously while Vader's one-handed style in addition to the effortless ass beating he gives him puts a total lock on that. In Jedi Luke obviously fights aggressively. Vader is as confident as ever, but then he's the one that ends up getting beat. Wherever emotions aren't on display there's dialogue exchanged between Luke and Vader, and even Vader and Obi-Wan in the first duel. It's not just fighting for fighting's sake.

Because it looks stupid.

it isn't realistic or logical. It doesn't conform to any historic style of swordplay and would be dangerous and uneccessary in a real situation. You don't need to be superhuman to win a swordfight, you just need skill and good judgement. Plenty of games liek the Witcher are equally poor.

That's kino

It serves no purpose other than masturbatory
Maybe the jedi are just supposed to be dicks, dunno

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

nice here is your ------------------

imagine being so autistic you actually care about how realistic "lightsaber" fights in your nerd scifi movies are

Dude! WTF?? This post is hilarious!! I picture you being a smelly nerdboy with horn rims and who has social problems and gets F's in creative writing courses.

Swords were largely stabbing weapons anyway. These, instant death or limb loss just touching the side, would be much more so.

The slower fights of the original, copied deliberately in TFA (Plinkett influence no doubt) did have much more danger. Where's the immediate danger with 5 minutes of blurry windmills?

episode 1 was fine. 2 and 3 were not

>plinkett influence no doubt
wat

>Unfortunately it's become "cool" to hate the prequels so any thread that hints at something great about them will get attacked by hipster fags who worship The Empire Strikes Back.
I think you mean hipster fags who worship red letter media's plinkett reviews of the prequels. I work with men in their mid to late 30s who fucking QUOTE from them.