Star Trek

WAKE UP!

hello?

Why didnt anybody tell me that Saiyans were in Startrek?

I'm watching the TNG movies in row today.
Holly fucking shit, and here I though Voyager was bad.

I watched TOS' season 2 ''A Private Little War''. Such an underrated episode. Absolutely kino.

I'm almost done with watching TNG as a whole for the first time. I have TOS and DS9 downloaded too, I figure those together will fill the void but I'll probably focus on TOS

TOS is a fun, cheesy ride.
After the second season, DS9 rivals even the best episodes of TNG

I'd watch TOS too, if for nothing else then just to fully enjoy that one episode in DS9, you will know which one I'm talking about when you reach it.
I found the first two episodes a bit 'off' so to say, it gets better and it's really worth watching.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Well fuck me, I just learned that all three dahar masters drom DS9 were in TOS, and all played by the same actors both series.
Wonder what other shit I might have missed.

That's a great episode.

I've actually seen the Tribbles episodes from both already from seeing random episodes

so now that the film series is kill due to Beyond's lukewarm box office reception and the new series is pretty much dead on arrival, are we ever going to see any new star trek after that or are these the final nails in its coffin?
I know it made comebacks before but producing movies and shows is a lot pricier now and studios aren't willing to take risks anymore

fuck you first contact is awesome.

how?
Picard suddenly goes full Rambo mode, complete with PSTD. Flexing muscles and blowing shit up. Derp.
The rest of the crew is barely there - almost like cameos.
They shit all over their directives. Keeping the ship in plain sight in the orbit? Launching escape pods straight to earth? There's no one that'd detect that? Telling everyone around they're from the future, about the Borg and so on, and just hanging around, even taking part in the historical flight. No one will notice there were 3 people on board and two of them never existed before and disappeared just after that? what the fuck.
Then there's annoying Cochraine, his stronk black wymyn friend that does absolutely nothing for the entire movie, and the whole most advanced tech project in the world, with access to functional ICBM and who knows what else being some hippie commune in the middle of woods?

I'd not call that awesome.

it's flawed yes but the movie is like mad max meets star trek.apocalyptic wasteland meets high technology. data gets an emotion chip and we get to urge him to fight rather than contemplate his logical autism. also the borg queen is hot as fuck in a dominatrix way.

When it eas airing I never bothered with DS9.

Bit watching it now and it is really a good series and enjoying the hell out of it. Most episodes are great. Except those with Jake and Nog.

GRAB YOUR BRUSH AND PUT A LITTLE MAKE UP

oh yes, the Borg Queen, that adds to my list
>Borg Queen existing in the first place
>Borg Queen personally leading an attack on Earth
>with just one fucking ship
>all she does is because she craves Picards (then Datas) cock

and thanks to her Borg is ruined forever, from unstoppable force of nature to recurring villain with flaws and weaknesses and goofy shit.

Franky I don't see why First Contact is so liked and Nemesis so hated. To me all of them are pretty much on the same level. Watchable but meh.

>You should have killed me, Klingon. There's only one Damar.

>stronk black woman

Is it just me or did people actually care LESS about this TWENTY FUCKING YEARS ago? We hear the new Discovery captain is a negress is all anyone here can talk about is how Star Trek is SJW tumblr cuckery now even though Sisko and Janeway were both captains two decades ago. Hell, Sup Forums trekthreads won't stop sucking DS9's dick, you think they'd be fine with a black as a captain again.

How do we halt and reverse the moral decay of the Federation and return it to the traditional values that made it great?

Damar was a true hero. He gave everything for his beloved Cardassia.

Who is your non-canon Trekfu?

Roz>>>>>>>Strong Power Gap>Mel>Daphne
I love Niles and Daphene's relationship and I understood Niles found her irresistible but she was the worst.

Don't bother, they never think individually about things. Trek fans make up their collective minds on one thing and then just hammer home their collectiveness about it for eternity (or until their diabetes gets them).

Every single one of the TNG movies is pretty bad, although FC and Nemesis are actually watchable at points. Insurrection I could write a 10,000 word essay on just how non-Star Trek the entire script is and how the neo-Luddite hyperstagnant hippies shouldn't have been fucked with in the first place. Basically the Feddies doing what the United States does in economically and militarily unstable regions of the world for the sake of a 500 person colony that already cast out their own people for wanting to better themselves (the principle upon which they tell people currency was done away with).

Nemesis is, if you get rid of the dune buggy scene and the weird unprovoked rape scene isn't half bad and has at least an original story unlike it's previous movie while also ending on a somber note.

Generations wasn't all that bad but pretty fucking unwatchable at times.
>Kirk dies by exploding steel steps platform - bravo whoever did that one

>Is it just me or did people actually care LESS about this TWENTY FUCKING YEARS ago?

Dumb fucking idiot make a point contra his or don't post. You didn't argue against anything he said, his answer stands because that's exactly the character type she was: strong willed tough little black woman.

Here's your post:
>negress
>SJW
>tumblr
>cuckery

And nothing about First Contact being rather shite.
The fuck is wrong with your brain?!

>Who is your non-canon Trekfu?
Janeway for true.

>so now that the film series is kill due to Beyond's lukewarm box office reception and the new series is pretty much dead on arrival, are we ever going to see any new star trek after that or are these the final nails in its coffin?
>I know it made comebacks before but producing movies and shows is a lot pricier now and studios aren't willing to take risks anymore

Yes. Safe to say STD will give it the cerrated knife to the gut treatment after the shot in the legs Into Darkness and Beyond gave it (because Trek on television is more important that movies trying to recoup budgets.

I actually liked Beyond the best out of the last three movies. Too bad the trailers were so fucking garbage they killed the movie, I wasn't even planning to see it at first, I went when I heard that the movie was nothing like the trailers

>We hear the new Discovery captain is a negress
We haven't heard who the Discovery captain is yet.

Sonequa Martin-Gree is just the first officer (and Michelle Yeoh is the captain of a different ship).

All the people whining about Discovery's captain are just whining about their own imagination.

>Too bad the trailers were so fucking garbage they killed the movie, I wasn't even planning to see it at first, I went when I heard that the movie was nothing like the trailers

Well it was better than ID but my point is that it did bad at the box office, which means studios who already knew about franchise fatigue would porbably not pick it up again unles STD somehow turned into a new TNG and jumpstarted Trek interest.

Personally, I think the franchise is reaching it's heat death soon. There's only so far past Nemesis you can go before it's just a Brannon Braga nightmare of timeships doing timeshits all over the timeline(s).

Oh I completely agree, I was just pointing out how sad it is that the (arguably, at least for me) best of the three movies had the worst box office because of studio incompetence.

I as well didn't see for that same reason, along with rumours, stupid shit like changing Sulu to gay because (..?), telling us it was delayed because the studio didn't like certain things, force feeding us Rihanna adverts about how she loves Star Trek so much that she just happened to make this song about it (and it's also on itunes for $1.99) and more things that I'm forgetting about.

It was the first I decided not to even care about until someone whose opinion I consider at least listenable said it was alright and then I was like "fine, whatever".

Star Wars never had television or was ever about sci-fi types of stories so it'll probably last another 30 years in terms of being able to profit it off of it.

Star Trek is about to be dead, jim. We can only hope for STD to somehow be even nominally watchable and/or small shit like DS9/VOY Blu-Rays maybe like ONE fan series out of a million that is actually okay (ST Continues is legitimately the first fan made project I can ever say I even liked - not just forced myself to watch).

Star Trek Equinox was a fan project starring John Ransom that I watched and it was so bad I didn't know how to feel about it: offended? mockish? Go watch it for some genuine laughs at the production values. I'm almost 100% that a green screen was in someone's green given the sound on one of the scenes.

Anyhow, Beyond could've been better still, but that one scene with sabotage playing felt like satire and Justin Lin's style of directing is so fucking bad at times.

Welp that's my opinion for tonight on that.

>someone's green

jesus, can't even quote right

>stupid shit like changing Sulu to gay because (..?)
It was a 2-second scene, it wasn't explicit, you wouldn't notice if you weren't paying careful attention.

There are 100 problems with Beyond but Gay Sulu ain't one of them.

>fan project
It really is sad that Prelude to Axanar is still the best fan project that we ever got.

>There are 100 problems with Beyond but Gay Sulu ain't one of them.

Even George Takei didnt like it, and hes one of the faggiest guys around.

Feddies are accepting of basically fucking everything, so making a big deal about turning a character gay just because, a character that was never gay before, was just pandering bullshit.

In-universe, Sulu being gay is a non-issue.

Out-of-universe it can be seen either as a nod and a wink to George Takei or as a cynical attempt by the studio to gain diversity points. Both interpretations have merit depending on what you're focusing on.

>It was a 2-second scene, it wasn't explicit, you wouldn't notice if you weren't paying careful attention.
>There are 100 problems with Beyond but Gay Sulu ain't one of them.

I'm talking before the fact because of all this buzz they were trying to hype around the movie felt so forced.
In the movie, I was just like whatever okay but it really felt entire artificial to the Sulu character after we've seen a daughter of his in a previous movie who was also Asian.

He can still have an Asian daughter in the JJverse too.