"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

>"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the Force."

What did Darth Vader mean by this? Are mild telepathic powers truly stronger than the ability to vaporize entire planets and kill billions in the matter of seconds?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Uurhc3X-Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not all the Force is.

Pleb.

You know how religious people say faith can movie mountains? Kinda like that.

Yes it is.

luke destroyed the death star with that mild telepathic power

No, the Death Star was destroyed because one of the lead engineers put in a design flaw specifically to have it destroyed :^)

Well said technological terror got destroyed by a teenager with the force so he wasn't wrong

And some photon torpedoes.

The Force includes mind manipulation.

Check mate atheists.

At the time this line was written the force was a mystery, so he was right for all we knew at the time. Before we knew what force users can do, and before the Emperor was a Sith lord.

Turns out the Death Star was commissioned by the greatest Sith to ever exist, so I guess he felt that the ability to destroy a planet is pretty useful after all.

In universe excuse is that Luke used the force to blow up the death star. So force > death star.

When that line was written, said powerful sith wasn't envisioned yet, so what he said was true, from a contemporary point of view

A "design flaw" that was supposed to be impossible to exploit, but the Force is bullshit, so...

True. The force works in mysterious ways. As does pottery.

PLANETS DON'T HAVE MINDS

Darth nihilus destroyed a whole planet of force users with just the force.

Darth Noncanonius destroyed the whole universe and then remade it back in .4 of a second.

My fan fiction is better.

Sheev conquered whole galaxy thanks to the force. So yeah

Delete this comment, it hurts my feelings

>Everyone is having a fine discussion on the Death Star, the rebels, and the Galactic Senate
>Vader interrupts out of nowhere and starts talking about the force

Did he have autism?

You seem to be really defensive about what happens in your children's movies.

kek

Have you seen the prequels?

He meant that no man's construct can ever go against the Way of the Universe. In the end, it will all be as it was supposed to be.

Vader saw this little man for what he was, a jabbering monkey with a stick. He had to put him in his place, and he did.

From a contemporary point of view, the high ground was evil

So Force wanted all those Jedi/Clones/Rebels/Stormtroopers to be killed and Alderaan to be destroyed?

>yfw the Force is gravity

Don't forget those fucking younglings.

The force works in mysterious ways.

Stop believing in your ancient religion.

hokey religion

>clones
>not unnatural aberrations

The force had every right to genocide those monstrosities!

>present space-year
>believing in hokey religions and ancient weapons

>Actaully Han, the force is real. I, myself, your close friend, have fought alongside the force using grand master of the Jedi Order, Yoda, in the Clone Wars on my home planet.
>I assure you Han, it is not joke.
>But then again, it's not like you understand anything I say to you, Han.

You said it Chewie.

It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womprats with my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than 2 meters.

>yfw you see the entire spectrum of the force

Feels good not to be an fool who deals in absolutes

Excuse me?

Well in the long term I would say yes the force is more powerful. In terms of destruction of course the Death Star is stronger but the ability to manipulate people and things at will can cause more vast consequences then merely destroying a planet.

If I was Vader I would use force to crush his head

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Uurhc3X-Q

Makes no sense, because Kyber crystals, which are used by the Death Star, are Force-attuned.

So ROGUE ONE makes A New Hope even more fucked up.

Don't "choke" on your aspirations.

>Death Star
>blew up one planet and was taken out by a kid who felt the force
>The Force
>has been used to take control of the entire galaxy multiple times

Checkmate Atheists.

>Kyber crystals
lol

Who made the Death Star? By the Empire. Who created the Empre? Sheev. How did Sheev create the Empire? With the force.

atheists: 0
catholics: 100000

That's what I thought they were mining on the desert planet.

Maybe, but that's some wookiepdia level of obscure shit that no one cares or knows about.

>atheists: 0
>catholics: 100000

Is that a checkmate?

and the weapon uses force-attuned crystals.
So the Death Star is powered by the force.

They did. They mentioned Kyber in the movie

They mention them several times in Rogue One

>Kyber crystals
>Cyber crystals

what were they thinking, this is like that "order 66" bullshit again

Yeah and no one cares about generic MacGuffins in Star Wars anymore than they do in Marvel movies.

Ask a normie about it and he won't have a clue wtf you are talking about.

The point is that rogue one contradicts Vader's speech that OP posted.

Normies wouldn't go to Star Wars spin-off flick

Terrible b8.

We already established that ANH was written before vast majority of the lore was developed.

The emperor isn't a Sith in ANH, Vader isn't Luke's father and the "Sith" are mercenary pirates.

You have to care now. You have to.

came here to post this

Why would they? There's literally nothing interesting in that movie for people who don't care about Star Wars

did you watch the end of the movie? where Luke uses the Force and blows up the Death Star

hmmmmmmm

Fuck off nigger.

Are you a Disney exec or something?

But he doesn't.

>get btfo
>s-shill!
Every time. Not even him either, faggot.

Why? Did I somehow imply that I am taking pride in the fact that a shitty movie is making bank, as if I had a personal stake in it?

Once more, fuck off nigger, the normies ate this movie up, and they will continue to do so with anything with "Star Wars" in the title for the next decade or so.

Also, stay in highschool.

Death Star is only technology easily destroyed, which it was twice. The force is super space magic that can't be destroyed.

Vader knew the Death Star was bullshit.

Thrice.

When will the Empire learn.

Star Wars is the biggest franchise in the world. Adult fans and children can easily give them that kind of money. They don't need normies.

I'm not the other other guy, you stupid fuckwit. He was so goddamned triggered he posted box office numbers for Christ's sake.

TFA isn't a star wars film

I can't tell if I'm being b8ed anymore. But here is your, theoretical, (you) for the effort.

Edgy.

Go fuck yourself, you whiny faggot.

Well yeah because if all the people on the planet are Jedi who know how to become ghosts then even if you kill them they'll just all haunt the Death Star and the crew will be too spooked to operate it properly.

It's co-written by the guy who co-wrote the best Star Wars movie though.

This.

Diversity defeated the death star you fucking shit lords

They mention it multiple time in the movie. Go watch it before you poop post

I don't care, still irrelevant.

You need to learn how to read, this is a third user pointing out how fucking retarded you are

The death star can be constructed by using the power of the force, but the force cannot be constructed with a death star.

No, white males did. Nearly everything that has ever happened in history, good and bad, has been ultimately been caused by white males. Because we are the closest things to Gods in this universe. We enslave. We kill. We destroy civilizations. White males conquered the world. White males still control the world. They have for most of recorded history. Because of inherent superiority.

That's deep, yo

The Rebels leaders in A New Hope say "may the force be with you" to the pilots before they take off. The Force is regarded as the overall good in the galaxy, not just "a thing that lets you push people".

You caring is irrelevant I agree.

It still isn't obscure. Go watch the movie before you shit.

But who is trolling who?

Han was a secret jedi master all along who was testing luke resolve and watching over him, also he was a backup master in case luke
failed, he would have trained leia

Darth Vader in "Darth Vader Tales: The Empire Wars: Scourge of Mandalore" Destroyed Mandalore by hurling a galaxy towards it using the force

>It still isn't obscure.
It's about as relevant as Sifo-Dyias or Plagueis.

So completely obscure and irrelevant to non nerds.

>Darth Vader in "Darth Vader Tales: The Empire Wars: Scourge of Mandalore" Destroyed Mandalore by hurling a galaxy towards it using the force
Can't tell if shitposting or actual EU.

Seems like a 50/50

I'm on 9 levels of irony, the only one who's trolling me is myself.

Do niggers even comprehend irony?

What's a meter?

Sure thing, Chief.

Meter is to yards what kino is to flicks.

Whoa

Yeah, in KOTOR 2 there's a guy who can basically kill billions in an instant with the Force

When will Sup Forums learn to stop treating fan fiction as canon?

I feel like the ability to "destroy" a planet doesn't require a massively expensive space lazer, it could be done with traditional ordinance. The empire seems to have supreme air space authority, just fly a star destroyer over a planet and drop 10 000 space nukes, boom done.

The only time a weapon like the death star would be advantageous is if you could fire it from a vast distance away like in TFA for an all in eradication strike to prevent a counter attack.