ITT: post the best album from an artist's discography

ITT: post the best album from an artist's discography

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1BCfjbne3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

step out of the way for the stallion, mang! the real answer coming through

My man I probably like White Pepper more than a lot of Ween fans, but it's just simply not the best
Either of these are it, or Quebec of you a feels-fag

this is honestly, objectively, wholly correct. you cannot dispute this, as that would be invalid.

Let's talk about opinions on meaningless subjective topics, why don't we?

*blocks your path*

tha patrician choice, of course

I love this album
So mysterious.
Don’t get me wrong, Skinny Fists is great, but something about this...

this. skinny fists pales in comparison to this beast.

Holy shit how has no one posted the real answer yet

In all honesty though Ween are my favourite band and I love all their music, so I think the fact that the opinion on their best record is so diverse just shows how they appeal to a broad range of music listeners and are just a great, consistent band. In the end any Ween fan is a friend of mine :)

always relevant

would listen to that album.

Wish someone would read my lyrics and talk with me about them...

join a band

kek

>Although less impressive, White Light White Heat (1967) contains Sister Ray, which probably remains the ultimate, definitive masterpiece of rock music, an epic piece that rivals Beethoven's symphonies and John Coltrane's metaphysical improvisations.

i unorinocally like la cucaracha. its one of my favorite ween albums

my own bare hands is a really good song for weightlifting

i literally opened mu to make a thread about this sentence
is he right?

Every ween album is the best ween album

the ol scaruf here aims to critique the vu as in a factual, determinate situation where only objective uniqueness and creativity makes an art relevant. meaning--if you had to sum up what made "rock" music "rock" music in one song, this is his contender. i probably agree. that is, of course, going for the aforementioned, brutal, balls-to-the-wall attempt at "objective" criticism. otherwise i can name a bagillion songs i enjoy more than that song. but that's not the point, the way he looks at it.

*factually determinate
sorry
not like u fuckers care anyways ;_;

>is he right?
Hell no. It was an innovative song and it kind of encapsulates what makes the velvet underground good and innovative in one song, but compared to beethoven or coltrane, hell no. It's a proto-noise rock jam song, and not much else. The songwriting is about as complex as any song you might find on the radio and the improvisations are mostly just techniques meant to build up a wall of noise. Coltrane's improvisations featured a different chord every measure. You'd be lucky to find a velvet underground song written with more than 3 chords. Yeah it's innovative, don't get me wrong. It pretty much invented like 4 genres of rock music, but it isn't an artistic masterpiece in the same way beethoven or coltrane are. Beethoven and coltrane had massive amounts of technical skill. The velvet underground were just some douchebags from new york who wanted to make edgy, noisey, simple music.

youtube.com/watch?v=r1BCfjbne3s

This. I love all of Ween's catalog but it blows my mind that there are people that don't recognize The Mollusk as their true masterpiece. Even Gene and Deaner think so.

Coming through

Reminder, Ocean Man is unironically the best track.

It's ironically unironically the best track.

this isn't tarkus

*Brain Salad Surgery

Overrated

I'm still not entirely sure why Diary is the one that gets all the attention. This is leagues more consistent and a better album overall

I agree with this. Only ELP album that consistently pleases me from start to finish and Keith Emerson's wankery is toned down.

i could only into pic related

it's been a while since ive seen you :)

The rest of his is good but this sounds like a completely different artist.

umm, sorry sweeties

*Blocks your path*

Split Enz on Sup Forums? Well I never.
Great album.

both good explanations

Illmatic, Nas
The Seven Day Theory, Makaveli (Tupac)
Copine, Taeko Ohnuki
Mm... Food, MF Doom
36 Chambers, Wu-Tang Clan
Rock for Light, Bad Brains
Milo Goes to College, The Descendents
Evilive, Misfits
Ready to Die, Biggie Smalls
Summertime '06, Vince Staples
Nevermind, Nirvana
DAMN, Kendrick Lamar
None Shall Pass, Aesop Rock
Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, DMX
The Ecstatic, Mos Def
My War, Black Flag
Easter, Patti Smith

I could dig deeper, but trust me on these ones, lads.

this is the greatest thing ever created

As per usual, no

sums it up well

What do you see in Easter? Radio Ethiopia feels like a more solid release to me.

>Illmatic, Nas
>Mm... Food, MF Doom
>Evilive, Misfits
>DAMN, Kendrick Lamar
>The Ecstatic, Mos Def

Pleb is confirmed. Actually listen to music next time.

Doesn't even hold a candle to Introducing

Honestly that's the one I feel the least objective about. That one holds a special place in my heart because I used to look at the picture of Patti's hairy armpits in awe, as a young man. But also, Because the Night, Rock and Roll Nigger, High on Rebellion.

Try and tell me Nas ever made a better album. Just try and pretend Evilive wasn't the epitome of Misfits. Tell me Kendrick didn't finally graduate into his own shit with DAMN,

Mos Def and MF Doom... Well frankly all their albums are amazing, so I can understand differing opinions.

Lost Tapes and It Was Written
GKMC
Static Age
It's between BOBS (kek) and TND
Madvillainy

Step aside, boys.

Lost tapes is a compilation, so fuck yourself. It Was Written... It's great and all, but just look at the album covers. Illmatic had the childish anger and intolerance that makes such good music.
Good Kid Mad City? That's Kendrick at peak bitch fool, man. He didn't even start to come into his own until To Pimp a Butterfly.
Static age is certainly the best studio album, but the Misfits fucking glowed in live shows. Evilive captures Misfits live perfectly.

No help for a pleb like you, die one day in your plebishness, goodbye

No question

Good rebuttal, fagggoooooooooooooooot.

Your opinion is basically a mix of ''Something Pitchfork/Common opinion + a little new fag''

Nothing original in it, at all. But if you're fine with not having your opinio, that's ok.

Nice one, read the title dipshit.

dubs confirm that guy is a normie pleb

pic related

That's not their debut though

Not that Trilogy is a bad record or anything (it's real good), but Emerson's wankery is what carries the band to begin with

>My man I probably like White Pepper more than a lot of Ween fans, but it's just simply not the best
actual ween fans love white pepper so...

Common opinion is usually the result of people coming around to the objectively correct opinion.

its one of these
Its Skinny Fists
Its Homogenic or Vespertine
Its this
Its Heroes
Yep
Yep
Its King of Limbs (Basement edition)

Literally is not true.

Yeezus

they only have 2 albums, and this is the only one worth listening to

fpbp

the correct answers

Every Ween album is the best Ween album, you fools.

jackn off a ton

memes aside, this is weens only listenable album

fabulous muscles desu

They've never matched this and are now one of the most hated bands because of it.
>inb4 X&Y
That album was spotty at best.

>probably got into from oceanman memes
That's like 60% of ween posters on here. There was a considerable spike in ween threads after the meme since like half of Sup Forums is underage. Not complaining but that's not a Quebecfag specific trait, if anything it's Molluskfags who would be brought into Ween by the meme.

not familiar with the full discography of all of these but every single one of the ones I do know you're wrong lol

Viva la vida is best imo

posting a band popular enough for the possibility of discourse on Sup Forums

lysf>yanqui>f#a# imho