Hey guys

Hey guys.

I'm looking for a reliable watch. I'm not fond of any fashion watch or whatever you call them.

I saw someone post about a Vostok amphibia that was used in two moon landings and one soyuz mission.

I want that type of watch. Military, maybe diving watches, that have a good mechanism, are sturdy, well built, and look reasonably good.

Would you happen to know any watch that fits the description?

I'm oogling the Citizen diving watch right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

luminox.com/
watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/search/?MOD=SNZF15
watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/popular/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ju88DBh8-VE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Budget?
luminox.com/

Budget?
luminox.com/

> SEIKO 5 you cheapass

I feel like these three boards would probably be able to give you a better answer than the dorks that post here.

Sup Forums is really into watches as well, they usually have a /watch/ general up at any time.

Luminox, it's fairly cheap and reliable.

Casio G-Shock

Why are Canadians the worst posters on Sup Forums? What is it about their culture that causes them to be such huge faggots?

Chinese watch best watch.
and cheaper watch
try in chinese online shOPS.

Seiko 5. Actually any Seiko watches. Their automatics have great quality.

Check this out:

watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/search/?MOD=SNZF15

Here is the top lists of Seiko 5s:

watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/popular/

I stand by these. I think they genuinely are better than Citizen. When it comes to affordable mechanical automatic watches there are not many who compare to Seikos.

Also, Vostoks are nice and cheap, but they have really inaccurate movements.

>Seiko 5

>watchsleuth

Can confirm, I have a $50 Seiko 5 and it keeps good time and looks sharp as hell.

Vostok's never went to the moon unless the soviets stuck a watch on their rover for lulz.

If you want a cheap diver style, get a casio MDV1061A.

G shock is good if you don't want an analog style, but are bulky and somewhat overengineered.

Luminox is overpriced bullshit, there are better, cheaper tritium watches out there.

Watch this OP

youtube.com/watch?v=Ju88DBh8-VE

>Burger Security contractor
>Timex Expedition with tan canvas band
>operator af tbphwy

fucking rare

Just one thing to add which this retard didn't mention. There are many automatic ~300$ watches which means you don't have to wind them. Not to mention that I think that idiot was winding the date on that Timex backwards which could partially be the reason why it didn't work. The part where he praises the robust crown. Really? Big crowns are known for being uncomfortable. That guy doesn't know shit about watches...

Omega.

Breitling.

That is all.

I'm American bud, don't be fooled. I just work here

I don't recommend Tag, mine does some weird shit. It will keep perfect time for two weeks, maybe lose 10 seconds or so then it will lose ten minutes in a day. It cost the lives of many of my dollarydoo's as well.

Get Seiko 5 military, $100, automatic and will last a lifetime.

Timex and Seiko have good quality. I had a Timex similar to and it worked well.

Digital, you're best with a Casio G-Shock every time.

I have a Patek I inherited and I wear the thing maybe 10 times a year. It's excellent, but I can't ever justify wearing it to do anything I do during the day.

Reviews indicate that the Seiko 5 military watches keep horrible time. They're 5 minutes fast per day. Read them on Amazon.

They've probably been magnetised or are false reviews, seiko make top quality stuff for cheap.

>Shit tier watch

Fuck off bud...could you even?

The complaints only apply to this particular model. The complaints seem legit and based on the model's design, not on user misuse. I owned a Seiko dive watch and it kept perfect time, so I trust Seiko in general, but not with this particular model.

The only thing tackier than a fake Rolex is a real one.

tag's are dogshit m80, sell it for a rolex or omega.

Who gives a fuck? Neither keeps better time. One is more pretentious than the other. No meaningful difference otherwise.

Here come the poorfags

Something like this.

Rolex
>My used car business and nightclub is doing well

Omega
>I think I am James Bond

>vostok
>moon landings
?

>I'm too poor to be able to afford nice things.

Every nightclub and "restaurant" owner, used car salesman, past it 1980s footballer, golf club car park racing expert, fake tan fan and BMW driver I know has a Rolex.

They're for chavs. You can buy the things on finance, for fuck's sake.

Being this jelly of swiss craftsmanship

Literally anyone who has any sort of paid job can afford a Rolex, because there are dozens of sand nigger "jewellers" in every city in the world that will sell you one on finance.

I'd still take the yacht master..

>Buying a Rolex on finance

>Buying a watch on finance

Plebs.

However, Rolex, Omega ect are works of art, which is why everyone wants one.

It was purchased by my wife as a present, unfortunately we use the same savings account, I was happy with my cheapass Rip Curl which has kept perfect time in my dresser drawer for 2 years.

I wonder what causes it than. Case material? An inherent design flaw? Because there is a TOOOOON of watches that use the same movement.

If I owned a scaffolding firm or thought Dubai was a decent place to go on holiday, I'd have a Rolex.

I got this one, it's a Casio Edifice, not expensive at all (€150) and it's a good watch. Oy had to change the metal band for a leather one after I fell off my bike and busted it.

The clock in your phone, you fedoralord.

But you own nothing and think berlin is a fn place to go, that's why you wear a cassio or a swatch.

The majority of Rolex's sold are done on finance, which is why everyone and his dog has one.

>are works of art

You'd want a Patek, or a Breguet. Not something every Chinese takeaway owner and recruitment consultant has danging off his wrist.

What kind of patek? They really have immaculate visual design.

>Excuses the post

No they really don't

>Patek
Look at me, I just sold my first app and am really really rich. Oh or this hublot there.

>actually live in the country where manufacturers like patek, breguet, audemars and blancpain are present

>hurr u jelly of muh 3k nigger watch

Does Floyd Mayweather know you're posting pictures of his latest purchase?

>Projecting this much

The level of butthurt you are displaying really makes me believe you are jelly of my watch.

>hurt durr rolex are tacky

Everything you cant afford but you know how much its worth is tacky, isn't it?

listen bro i understand you inherited a patek you could never actually afford and want to lord it over people who "only" own a rolex but you have to understand it's a status symbol, most people who buy a rolex buy a rolex because they decided they want a nice/flashy watch. that's it. also even people into watches usually will have a rolex or two. tons of their watches are classics, there's a reason like 90% of watchmakers have a submariner clone in their lineup.

just take it easy, who cares what watch other people are wearing?

Wealthy people with taste don't want Rolexes and they laugh at plebs who think that that's what rich people like. Rolexes are gauche and for the nouveau riche, for people who don't know any better. Omega is commercial and also for the masses. Wealthy people with taste and culture will wear IWC, Patek Philippe, Jaeger-LeCoultre, etc.

That thing looks like something you'd pull out of a cracker jack box.

Even the submariner is decent.

Saying rolex is tacky os like saying a Mercedes is tacky.

Well built, above average price. Its not a rolls Royce or a Lamborghini, its just a very nice and comparatively cheap watch

Very much this. Mostly celebrities wear rolexes because they get brand deals. I don't deny that rolex is a quality watch, but when it comes to a status watch it's shit. Mostly because everyone has it and because it's so easily available. Buying a rolex is like saying you don't actually care about getting a proper watch but instead you just go with what the supposedly cool kids buy because you want get into the cool kid club. Are some rolexes classic? Yeah. But just because they became such a slut watch symbol, they are not worth it. UNLESS you actually like how it looks and prefer it over everything else then buy one. But really their design is seriously overused and they rarely do anything innovative.

this
also Rolex is for niggers

>The majority of Rolex's sold are done on finance

That says a lot about the class of people who buy Rolexes, then, doesn't it? And that's precisely why the truly wealthy regard Rolexes as tacky and for "pretenders". It's like what the chavs did to Burberry. A wealthy man would literally sooner wear a modest but dignified Seiko than something as vulgar as a Rolex.

nigger

Just because your life is on layaway doesn't mean the rest of us are..

ask on /fa/. we have constant watch generals there. look for these threads in the catalog typing in "watch" or something.

watch threads on Sup Forums always get deleted.

protip dude a lot of people with money don't give a shit about what other people wear, if i like the way a rolex looks cool i'll wear it. it doesn't matter that someone down the street has it. not everyone is into flexing.
t. multimillionaire

Lol, im whiter than you. Further up is a pic of my skin.

Don't be jelly, I worked hard for this and I like it.

I'm not on layaway
I'm a very rich heir, I have more than 20 million dollars just as throwaway money

>I worked hard for this and I like it.
sucking dick I bet
faggot

Entry level: Seiko 5, Casio G-Shock, Orient Make/Ray

Mid level: Omega, Rolex, Brietling

Highest tier: Patek, Vacheron Constantine, Baume And Mercier

All can be regulated to keep excellent time and come with a variety of complications.

Nah, building up a small company in the past 10 years.

yeah
totally worth it you dumb goyah

Where does Tag Heur rank?
I got my grandfathers old one for my 21st but rarely wear it.

I don't think you read what I wrote.

hmm, is it a gay type of venture?

currently rocking this one, it kind of attracts the kids at the play ground as well :-)

Forgot about Tag. They can vary a bit, anywhere from above and below mid-tier.

If you wanna go classy and vintage get one from the era when they were just Heuer

I like you, you sound like a very wealthy gentle man with a keen eye for watches

Idk, I have a hairdresser or two as customer, I bet they are faggots but the rest seems pretty normal.

I usually work with women since they are mainly in communication today

>Vacheron Constantine

Really though? I mean even AP is better than VC. VC has a long way to go till they will make really good watches. They look nice but have some things left to wish. Especially the quartz ones.

>Where does Tag Heur rank?

Below Rolex/Omega, above Timex/Seiko. It's the Banana Republic of watches.

between entry and mid, varies depending on model

the reality is that above the mid hundred level you're paying for the brand and precious metals alone. the craftsmanship is all about the same. the movements are sourced from the same few companies with some exceptions. they all keep time.

Heur is only worth it if you are really into racing stuff. They usually have THE best visual design on their racing pieces.

Do you guys work for Rebel media?

I'm talking more about the old ones. Newer VCs are more style than artistry of the movement.

pedo detected

Casio G-Shock

Mine has been through 3 deployments and 4 years in service and aside from some cosmetic stuff it's still perfect

That's pretty 80s. I'm quite 80s myself too.

I'm retired at 30
I don't do "work", I have servants for that.....

T.Things that will never be true

They do shit out some interesting stuff from time to time and their Chronometers mechanism are fucking beautiful

This is similar to the one my grandad gave me except his is about 50 years old.

I had one of those years back, thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

Then I started wearing it again in my early 20s.

Talk about pussy repellant.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I agree. It's kind of like with Rotary. Only difference Rotary is like the mid range and VC is high end. I own a vintage rotary that has the same movement that the vintage "affordable" Club JLC used, they used to be so much better than the ones nowadays. Rotaries that is.

Instant classic

That's a sexy movement, m80.

Pfft bitches don't know anything about what's cool