OK, what is the best way to secure my financial future. I don't want to lose out on the stock market...

OK, what is the best way to secure my financial future. I don't want to lose out on the stock market, so I would want to play it safe and look for growth, not huge billionaire profits. I'm looking to invest money, so where do I start.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/o02plqu8nx0iujm/AABTvMKV0R1m5amJQgxQwFNNa?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kar auto auctions

lithium mines in talks with Tesla

chinese biotech firms

Low / medium risk mutual fund portfolios from your bank.

How would I go about the auto auctions?

This is Sup Forums where we talk about politics.

Bet against Trump in the election.

Trump shares

china

The economy is part of the political pie.

just buy their stock dude, KAR is one company

INVEST IN GUNS TO KILL NIGGERS

High yield provident fund. Start contributing as soon as you get a job, the sooner the better. Increase contribution by 50% of the initial amount every five years. My uncle did this with a low paying government job and he'll retire a millionaire when he turns 60.

Oh. Never heard of them. I thought you just spelled car wrong. I'll look into them.

does your uncle also poo in the loo?

Drug trade if you know people.
Pharms have the highest profit margin next to shit you cook up in your house if you buy in bulk and know doctors.

Treasury bonds, youl get fuck all back but its as safe an investment as you can make. It may be worth looking into how to build up a broad portfolio of equities and metals. Also nows a good time to look into commodities as many are at the bottom of their cycle.

silver boulion

follow the 50/30/20 rule - of your take home pay, have 50% go to your must haves (rent, food that you NEED not want, gas you NEED to get to wkr), 30% wants (alcohol, vidya, mountain dew and other snack bullshit you don't need) and invest/save the other 20%

Invest in mutual funds like the S&P 500 or wilshire 5000. Both are proven to grow at approx 10%/year. Yes the economy in burgerland is shit right now. Invest anyway, if you're far off from retirement then in the long run it'll grow.

Live within your means. Buy used cars and small enough houses to be happy. Don't buy a new car with a huge loan and don't try to be a surburban hero. Those dipshits live in poverty later. Live with what you make from work with minimal debt (e.g. car and house ONLY, nothing else on debt) and you'll retire fine.

Here is info from a financial course at the University of Arizona. It is FSCS 302, the course was badass. Read the "course for trisite" .docx file completely. Oh boo hoo, it's a 30 minute read that will completely change your life and set your finances straight.

dropbox.com/sh/o02plqu8nx0iujm/AABTvMKV0R1m5amJQgxQwFNNa?dl=0

At least this is one less shill thread in the catalog. And it's loosely politically related.

Yields turned negative for some Treasury bonds, mate. So essentially you are lending to the government at a negative interest rate.

put your money into swiss francs, the yen, dollar, rmb, euro, and gbp are all headed for a catastrophic collapse. You have less than 5 years.

>Millionaire
>Rupees

(Basically 10 dollars)

How USA specific is that document?

I'm a few pages in and it seems to be very much US focused.

Trade forex. You always need a mentor. Look for Jason Stapleton and Akil Stokes on YouTube.

>so I would want to play it safe and look for growth, not huge billionaire profits.

This would be combined best with a light training regiment to "tone down", because you don't want to accidentally become a bodybuilder!

Not really. His retirement+provident fund is 10,00,00,000 rupees which is about $1.5 million currency rates may change in the future, but the rupee is already at an all time low, so he'll still be a millionaire in dollar terms.

It isn't very USA specific, just generalize it. E.g. if you can't get a vanguard account and invest in Wilshire 5000 or S&P 500, look up the australian or w/e equivalent of those funds. Wilshire 5000 and S&P 500 are indexed funds, when you buy a stock of either one you really buy tiny pieces of either 5000 different top US companies (for wilshire) or little pieces of the top 500 companies (S&P). This is good because if one company does shit, the other 4999 or 499 can cover for it. You put your eggs in many baskets.

Warren Buffet recommends investing in index funds for the general population. Unless you want to become a stock expert and determine which companies are best to invest in, you're better off going with an index fund.

Paying an expert to invest often washes out with the fees they charge, so for the average person, index funds are the best investment.

Only invest in index funds of a country whose economy will do well. I have no idea about australia's economy.

>talking to /biz/ about money
They are probably the least qualified board when it comes to that. 90% of the people on there are morons looking for tips how to not be broke at the middle of the month

Property, gold, silver and land that has water/food.

Also this; learn to trade.

Okay thanks.

It's just that the first 10 pages are about how cucked Americans are and none of that applies in the greatest country in the world.

I recommend an emerging crypto currency called Decred

It's not like hte other bullshit copies of Bitcoin

I won't guide you by the hand, you have to do your homework, research it and if you're smart enough you'll see why Decred could replace Bitcoin as the dominant crypto-currency

I already made 400% of what I invested

Crypto currency makes no sense to me. What is the whole mining thing? It's not universally accepted like the dollar is, and nothing backs it up either. I know nothing backs up the dollar anymore, but the fact that it is so widely used, allows it to have value.

The only way to make money is to work and then invest in rental properties (need 500k cash). you can also work and borrow money to build properties (need 2mil cash).

Forex is high risk, you might as well bet $500 on picking 6 footy matches every week, you'll get a better return for less risk (about 6 to 1).

Shares are low risk, but now is not a good time to invest in the Australian stock market because our big banks are just about to implode off the back of a new credit crunch when it's exposed that a large majority of our mortgages are insolvent:
>RBA rates rise
>Labour gets elected
>Negative gearing gets scrubbed in order to raise taxes
>China has a meltdown

You should have 30L of water and 15kg of food in your house, because when it happens we will have 2-3 months of riots, electricity cutbacks and blackouts and people rioting in the streets pissed at losing their homes to foreclosure. Eventually there will be food shortages and it pays to be prepared ahead of time.

I would avoid having all your money with NAB, CBA, Westpac or ANZ as one of the big 4 will be sacrificed to bail out the other 3.

I live in burgertopia

Dude investing in a rental property does not align with the rest of your post.

You're simultaneously saying that you should invest in property and saying that the market is going to go to shit.

America is a really great place if you are entrepreneurial.

You could probably pay all of your college debt by selling 100% markup Fuck Donald Trump t-shirts out of the boot of your car.

Failed out of college. I put my ass to work tho. I don't want to be some lazy fuck. I want to be smart with my money, and make it work for me, so that I have a bit extra when I'm older.
The trump idea is good tho. The college I went to would eat that shit up.

When the housing market goes to shit a lot more people are going to go back to renting, rental properties are all about rental yield, you make money before, during and after a housing bubble. Australia is an overheated investment property market, meaning a lot of apartments are underoccupied and most houses are bought to flip for a profit or to be demolished and rezoned for new buildings.

Rental game is an old Jew game. I have an 85 year old Jewish neighbour with about 15mil in rental properties, he started buying in the 60s and never stopped, he's my inspiration for low effort maximum return. Passive income is the name of the wealth game, if you started in the 90s or early 00s, 500k got you 5 properties, these days 500k might get you 2. Yield is 5-7% 3 properties 750k is $37,500 coming in per year and you do nothing. It's good to be cashed up when we have 7%+ interest rates, but ever since 2012 you're actually losing the money you keep in the bank to inflation.

Currently rents are kept artificially low due to negative gearing incentives. When everyone will be looking to rent they will go up, supply and demand. A few liquid people will buy properties super cheap and flip them later, but for 5 or so years people will be desperate and pay double what they pay now just to have a roof over their heads.

I'm talking about the people with 500k+ mortgage debt on a joint income of under 100k, they are completely fucked.

Rents aren't kept low by negative gearing, property prices are kept high by them. There is no evidence that negative gearing has an impact on rent prices. Rent is much more a function of renters willingness/ability to pay as it is a function of property prices. You've got rent and house prices backwards here.

You're advocating buying property during a bubble in order to rent out in the long run, minimising your return because you're paying such high prices for the property.