Insha'allah

Metallica model: two guitarists, one vocalist
Pantera model: one guitarist, one vocalist
Does Sup Forums know of any bands with a duo on both guitar and vocals? If the chemistry was right, and one person was more rhythm and one was more melody, I think this could be a sick set up for a four piece metal band. Rhythm guy is more simple, catchy riffs, sings the chorus, and melody guy handles solos and the more complex lyrical passages. Think Linkin Park, with a grain of salt, considering their plebe tier nature. Chester delivered simple, catchy verses, and the other guy delivered more complex messages. Metal is boring these days, could this be something interesting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-RmfB4hY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First time poster, forgive the failure to conform to the post style of the board

Fugazi duh

Beatles duh

Noice, thanks. I generally despise punk rock, tbqh senpai

swans had two vocals and 4 guitars on the burning world and white light, with a more reasonable number on the surrounding albums

Fuck the beatles, but thank you. I just don't get them, irrespective of their impact

thanks

Do they have any songs where they both sing?

Mastodon is the most popular metal band out now they all sing

All singing is different. Everybody singing is basically nobody singing. I'm interested in two clearly defined roles, and a productive power dynamic between the two of them. Insha'allah

You mean both singing on the same song like harmonizing right? Like Tenacious D

Sure

I remember some old hit by twin brothers metal band Nelson

listen to their first three records, only two vocalists on those. after that their drummer started singing too

Do they have any songs that they both sing lead on?

Also related: Sabbath, Zeppelin, Metallica, Pantera... What comes next? Is heavy metal dead? Will EDM take its fucking place, the way metal overcame rock? pls respond, it is of existential importance to me

Nile usually has 3 vocalists for most of their songs, two of which are also guitarists. They both play solos as well, there isn't really a strict rhythm-player out of the two.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-RmfB4hY4
I know this music is not exactly high quality, the power dynamic between the two is truly awesome. The groove and the melody. Imagine if this were multiplied by metal

Metal is arguably bigger than its ever been. Rock and Punk have huge portions just swallowed up into it's influence. Just look at the last Death Grips album even. So many things in life have gone to extremes and metal benefits from that big time.

There has been no great band since Pantera. Please user, prove me wrong

Well just for starters Phil has a new album out this week. His album last year or whatever Superjoint was very fucking awesome. Speaking of bands who have the ability to keep hardcore punk pure when they want to. End of 2016 I think.

Yeah, Phil's awesome, but what comes next? What will be the next great band? Superjoint is superdope and whatever, but it objectively falls short

I think the next great band just put out their record.