Why is he considered one of the greatest actors of all time?

why is he considered one of the greatest actors of all time?

But he is not.

he's not? he is a good actor though

Only by grown men who still consider Star Wars and Indiana Jones to be their favorite films.

He not, just been in several iconic roles

His movies have had the most influence on pop culture than most others. Not a great actor in terms of method, but one of the best in terms of impact.

This.

He's the Blade Runner, Han Solo and Indiana Jones. Being in great movies doesn't make an actor great.

>Apocalypse Now
>OG Star Wars franchise
>Indiana Jones
>Blade Runner
>The Fugitive

You don't get a resume like that by being shit.

Get out more

what if he's in all these movies because he wants the characters to die? like he's only doing blade runner because they promised to kill his character? I heard somewhere he wanted han to die but george lucas didn't

He's not. He's just appeared in a lot of popular adventure flicks.
Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Blade Runner, Airforce One, The Fugitive.

although tbqh famalam, I can't name any other roles but those.

Nobody says "greatest" but he's considered one of the most iconic and enjoyable.

>Apocalypse Now
Oh please, he had like 2 lines at the very beginning of that movie and that was it.

>that hair
J U S T

Did he wear a wig for TFA?

>Ford's hair
>Hammil's gunt
>Fischer already half dead
JUST

He was the Tom Cruise of the early 80s. 2 Iconic franchises. Did a bunch of movies after that. Plus, he makes your mom wet.

Some fucking retard is going to say "Tom Cruise was around in the early 80's" but he wasn't the Tom Cruise then.

Remember that time that he delivered, on bent knee, the Oscar to that child-rapist, Roman Polanski?

>I heard somewhere he wanted han to die but george lucas didn't
Ford has been vocal about wanting Han to die even in the first movie, but was more adamant about it in ROTJ. His stipulation(other than tens of millions of dollars) for being in Ep 7 was that Han had to die.

He's now clean of the franchise for good.

He's the original Chris Pratt doing meme roles yet being likable enough to get casted in enough to stick around.

I like him and his movies regardless so I'm not complaining. He should've retired after Crystal Skull though imo because he looks haggard as fuck.

He smokes hella chronic.

>wants to get killed off in SW
>but not in Indiana Jones
Er...

>looks haggard as fuck

Acts that way too. He went from being the go-to actor for charismatic hero roles to being the frumpy old man who just screams "I don't give a fuck anymore". And I'm tired of seeing Ford re-star in sequels to classic movies from the 80s. I don't want Old Indy and Old Han Solo and Old Deckard.

>Tom Cruise wasnt Tom Cruise
lol eff*ng idiot

who?

He likes being Indiana Jones. He always thought Star Wars was stupid. Even Han acts like it's all stupid.

Idk desu, he's not even a good actor.

>Tom Cruise was just as famous when doing Risky Business and Top Gun as now.

Not the greatest actor but arguably one of the greatest movie stars of all time, pretty much the greatest who's still alive

He isn't.

Your mom rubbed a few out to Airforce 1 or The Fugitive.

I'd think it a privilege having my character being as dismissive as I am to what's happening around me. But alrite.
And tbf Indy only went full retarded on the last ep. Still, I wonder how you read that script and not demand to die.
>I mean, fucking monkeys, Steven?

He likes Indiana Jones more than Han Solo. Probably because Indiana is the main character and Han is not. Same reason he likes Blade Runner more than Star Wars. A lot of it probably has to do with narcissism.

KILL ME!

Because he had lots of memorable roles and box office hits.

I liked him in Ender's Game, doesn't he appear in the young Indiana Jones educational show or whatever?

>Am now considering Harrison Ford the most narcissistic person on the set of Blade Runner
>alongside fucking Sean Young
Too much to bear, frankly.

I wish Sean Connery would've reprised Jones Sr. .

Because he doesn't seem to care about his status and doesn't really beat you over the head with the either. Plus, he really enjoys what he does and that comes off in the movies.

I think he's considered among the greatest "movie stars" of all time. Not actors. There is a difference.

Sean Young was just a wacko. Harrison Ford doesn't seem difficult to work with, but he definitely can get his way considering his career.

sure but its him in the role. you think indian jones would be as cool if it was pacino? de niro as han solo? pat stew as blade runner?
ford was one of the best movie stars period and alongside arnie and cruise as the last true stars desu

probably too old at that stage. indy 4 was a mistake

He's like the Ryan Gosling of the 70s, 80s and 90s: his choice of projects is godlike.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I don't have a problem with Ford doing movies as an old man. I have a problem with him revisiting action-adventure franchises as an old man. Characters like Indy and Han Solo were young and energetic. Seeing them as frumpy old men is just disappointing.

gosling wishes m8

He was though...

he's JUST like Brendan, except he has work

He looked bored as fuck in that movie.

>part time

Because he has that semi-concerned llok on his face all the time like he's about to figure out a new scientific breakthrough any minute now

Indy 4 was fun but it's just got too much retarded shit in it.

I like Shia in Disturbia and Even Stevens but it's the alien shit that kills it really.

I think he's pretty shit, directors beat a decent performance out of him for a few movies and that's why he's famous

Patriot Games
Clear and present Danger
Frantic
Witness
Working Girl
Regarding Henry
K19 the Widowmaker
Sabrina

i mean ford is 74
brendan is 48