anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

?

Is that bad?

>dumb blockbuster movie makes a shitload of box office money

more at 11

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=starwars2016.htm

Worldwide: $653,856,173

It took 2 weeks to double its budget+advertising.

In a not traditional place like December which is new for starwars.

if anything that is amazing news. They might even start releasing starwars in jan and feb and just locking up beginning of the year if they can dominate like that. They could run this movie for 3 more weeks if they wanted to since none of the competition is going to be strong in January.

January is where these movies usually make most of their box office.

>In a not traditional place like December

Force Awakens, m80. Also, December (and, thus, January) is by far the easiest time for a big blockbuster to make money. How do you think the Hobbit movies made almost a billion each while being pure crap?

Titanic, Avatar, Schinder's List are the historical examples of movies getting big boosts with December placements, but it's truly commonplace now.

>Is that bad?
They needed at least 400million to break even. But, most movies are just advertisements for the Toy industry so it really doesn't matter.

it was better then tfa, 8/10

Rogue One obviously felt like it didn't have as much hype behind it as The Force Awakens but these spin off movies are going to perform like what Marvel solo movies do compared to The Avengers, ie not as well.

The whole purpose of these movies is to keep Star Wars in the public eye to sell both merch and eventually, theme park tickets. Disney's biggest profits by far come from their Parks and Resorts, everything else is advertising for those places. If anything they've simply improved upon George's merchandise profit based model.

>They needed at least 400million to break even.
>madeup numbers

It's going to make more than 400m domestic alone anyway

The projections were that Rogue One might struggle past opening week because it had competition like Passengers and Assassins Creed opening after it. NOPE.

please kill yourself, newfags, you understand nothing of cinema, serioulsy, go to Sup Forums to play some retarded video games or Sup Forums to shitpost, you know nothing, you understand nothing, so dont even post

Well actually.

Budget 200m
Reshoots: 70 Million
Plus Marketing: 200Mil
+Star War Treatment (which means extra because of the high profile for things like McDonalds Deals): 50 Million Dollars
+Extra CGI actor Job: 10 Million
+The Lucas Deal (where costs must go to paying back the Lucas Deal 4 Billion if we assume 3 sequels + 3 spinoff + 3 Extra: that's 9 divide into 444 millions but maybe weight it agaijnst not being the main sequel so we'll say 250 mil)

Getting the grand Total 800Million - DVD sails so like 750 Million it needs to make NOW opening week.

Actually it needs to make a billion dollars to break even.

it hasn't even opened in China, it will make a shit ton

Star Wars is a second tier property in China compared to say, Marvel.

It'll add about 85-100 million

Actually it needs 3 billion dollars to break even.

Considering no movie has ever done that before it will be most assuredly a flop.

China hates star cuck and doesnt care about donnie yen.

>china doesn't care about Donnie Yen

Why do you want more of these bastardizations?

Actually I'd say it needs to make Six gorillion to break even

never gonna happen

A faffilion dollars just to break even you say
I can't see it happening breh

>It's a "autists on a laotian throat singing emporium try to estimate how much money a movie needs to break even despite having 0 knowledge of hollywood finances or budgeting"

>laotian throat singing emporium
What board are you on bro
This is a Germanic High Speed Macrome forum