Explain to me, Why did America back down after losing it's capital...

Explain to me, Why did America back down after losing it's capital? It seems strange that you would stop fighting a war just because they've got a super weapon.

The most realistic portrayal of an Axis victory hypothetical in fiction is the novel "Fatherland".

because it's fiction and the author wrote it that way so he could have the setting he wanted for his story

>It seems strange that you would stop fighting a war just because they've got a super weapon.

Isn't this what the Nazis did in our golden timeline?

>It seems strange that you would stop fighting a war just because they've got a super weapon.

Just turn your brain off, bro. It's just a thought experiment so Americans can act like the freedom fighter for once instead of the imperial oppressor who kills freedom fighters.

They were pushed back to pretty much just Japan and some holdings in the Chinese mainland by the time the nukes were used. They had lost the war, it was just whether or not they would surrender to American nuclear diplomacy or a Soviet slaughter. Nuking two cities and burning most of Tokyo to the ground seemed like a better option than losing Japan to Russia.

And, after all that, they almost didn't surrender.

The bombs ending the war is a convenient narrative both sides tacitly agreed to perpetuate for their own reasons, but it doesn't accurately reflect the deliberations of the Japanese high command.

Japan tells the story because it absolves the Japanese leadership of foolishly sending their country on a path of aggression that resulted in the deaths of MILLIONS of citizens for no gain and places the blame squarely on a new horrible superweapon that nobody could have foreseen, as well as portraying Japan itself as a helpless victim instead of a ruthless aggressor. From America's point of view the bombs ending the war puffs up America's military capabilities, conveniently just in time to face off against the growing power of the soviets for control of the post-war world.

In reality, the Soviet declaration of war and subsequent invasion of Manchuria was a much bigger factor in convincing the Japanese High Command that an unconditional surrender was an acceptable choice, but not until after a failed coup by military hardliners.

Tsuyoshi Hasegawa's argument was never universally accepted by Historians.

>Nazis
>Freedom fighters

I don't shit about this setting, but I assume the US was losing on the Jap front as well?

IMO it makes a stronger case than the bombs ending the war since the American bombing campaign was already running out of targets and the destruction of cities didn't change the essential calculus of whether or not to surrender unconditionally.

Remember, Hiroshima & Nagasaki happened after US enlarged it bombing campaign to includes targets of "cities" of 30,000 people because everything bigger than that (besides Kyoto & Hiroshima/Nagasaki) was already so destroyed that it wasn't worth using any more bombs on them. It seems queer to me that after almost all their cities were destroyed that 2 more getting flattened was the final straw, especially when the destruction of cities didn't affect the ability to defend against a possible invasion.

He means that the nazis won turning our resistance fighters into freedom fighters, tardo.

You're immune to radioactivity then?

>implying Texas could ever be overtaken

This. Genre fiction is absolute garbage and that's what the show is adapted from. If you want good writing, read literature.

>cut off their supply of dew and wait it out

Really not that hard when 89% of the state is obese.

Texas is an overrated meme state, and most of the state is barren and empty

It's like Florida, minus the beaches and old people.

But with way more gun ownership

Yeah, that'll help against tanks and drones. Hope all those guns came with insurgence manuals.

>being this intellectually insecure

>implying beaners are hard to defeat in war

Lots of good science fiction out there, user. Genre fiction is definitely hit and miss, but you do yourself a disservice if you avoid all of it because of a few preconceived notions. Any Philip K Dick fans indahouse?

Yo.

In order to stop a tank you just need to make its gun backfire, can easily be done with a spud gun.

>implying we won't get a sweet cache of anti-armor shit from rogue military and the Russians
>implying the world won't turn on the US government as soon as they attempt it against citizens

Yeah, what world war ever ended that way?

If that was real, the US would easily surrender.
A single bomb that can level a city, was insane in the 1940s. And its only been used once in war in our own world.
And considering the Nazis didn't need to worry about PR, if the US didn't surrender, they'd just drop a few more.

Americans can't really understand what its like fighting a war on your own front. The last time it happened was 200 years ago.

Yeah maybe some people in the country side would resist. But the government would probably surrender under those odds.

I believe it's in the original plot that the US never recovered from the great depression because FDR was assassinated. So maybe that's why they are easy to capitulate.

>le indiana jones defense

BRILLIANT!

Oh like the world cares, except Russia. Do you really want to live in Russia?

Didn't 4 out of the 7 Japanese high commanders vote for surrender before America ever even dropped a bomb.

No, that's what the Japs did, unless you count Soviet Russia as a superweapon

Google 'Hiroshima and Nagasaki'

Loving the high school level literature studies major insult you just hurled at poor op.

Jesus if you where any edgier I could use you to shave. And as a lit major, I gotta say you need to take a big ol step down from your high horse considering where you are posting, you'd be surprised how much "great literature" is BS.

So, you don't think the rest of the world won't go into panic mode as soon as King Nigger or Agent Orange(whoever you prefer) starts droning on their own civilians, on their own soil, more especially in urban areas?
You're painfully stupid if you think that won't illicit a response from the rest of Western Civilization.

They'd carve us up like a cake.

I just told him to read literature if he wants a coherent, well thought out story. You're the only one on the high horse, partner.

kek. I remember when I was like 14 this bus driver was talking about how "gun owners of america would stop the tyrannical us government" like top lel.

Here have an apache helicopter, and some hell fire missles. Nice snub nose revolver by the way

>he bothered posting again after being shamed
kek

The back history of the book had America holding onto the non involvement stance a lot longer so their military strength was weaker

>still on that high horse
hypocrite.

>tfw to intelligence to Sup Forums

>In reality, the Soviet declaration of war and subsequent invasion of Manchuria was a much bigger factor in convincing the Japanese High Command that an unconditional surrender was an acceptable choice

This
Russia wiped out almost 600,000 japanese troops in like 10 days
Russian troop/supply movements and organization leading up to the attack, conveniently, were almost identical to their organization on the Polish border before they were attacked by Germans (just a co-incidence though)

>i'm only talking to one person
The irony.

You all have the same argument, retard. Your low effort posts aren't even worth responding to.

And yet here you are responding to them in lonely desperation.

This. The show didn't explain it well. Also pretty sure in the show Einstien and Fermi never came to America thus America never knew of the bombs power or existence.

MTHC America was weaker and I guess never entered WWII to begin with because no FDR.

And unfortunately for you, my government jock-riding friend, the forces isn't full of statist shitheads like you. You'll see more apaches falling out of the air from "mechanical malfunctions" than you'll ever see try to level a city. The government themselves even studied this shit and concluded "Yeah, if there's a civil war, we're 100% fucked from the inside."

They are faggot ask the French

>the French

>nuke leadership
>probably only congressmen or senators left
>gee we got nuked bob what do we do?
>surrender?

Better yet, why the fuck even have a neutral zone?

they learned from the mistakes of the berlin wall

keep fi