I-I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying

I-I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying...

The scene with Audition is honestly perfect. Also, there's no way in the universe this won't win Best Picture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTWqwSNQCcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ALSO

Echoing another person: do yourself a favor and don't spoil the soundtrack. Seeing it all unfold for the first time is half the fun.

fucking 10/10

>there's no way in the universe this won't win Best Picture
I think the fuckers at the academy will give it to Moonlight, but we all know La La Land deserves it.

Moonlight will win so they can pat themselves on the back for giving it to a black director.

Fucking Moonlight, I don't know what it's about, I haven't seen it, but you know they won't even consider La La Land just because it doesn't fit their diversity quota

>from the director of whiplash
WHY do they put this on the poster?
for fuck sake

I could see Damien Chazelle winning best director, while Moonlight wins best picture.

This movie although enjoyable at times, was shit
A jazz musical with no jazz? It's just as cringe worthy as Whiplash is too

basic hollywood self masturbation which the critics ALWAYS love, it's The Artist: the musical with a bunch of lame homages and cheap imitation, practically no point to much of the songs, it's like Chazelle watched a bunch of popular musicals and pulled out specific parts to each one and thought it'd make his of the same caliber

It'll be forgotten by next year

Why not, Whiplash was a critical acclaimed film

Actually, the opposite is the case. Moonlight deserves to win, but they will give it to La La Land.

Did they put similar shit on the Whiplash poster?

Because there wasn't a film that the director made that was well known before

What makes you think that

Wrong, either silence or Manchester by the sea deserves to win, but knowing Hollywood they'll give to la la land or moonlight

>Also, there's no way in the universe this won't win Best Picture.- 13 posts and 1 image reply shown.

>a movie that is a musical AND paints hollywood in a good light

It's winning easily.

So they can make a fucking poster without putting some bullshit line about some other film on there and it could still be critically acclaimed, right?

Wrong. Moonlight or La La Land will win but Silence will deserve it.

>clearly haven't seen either La La Land or Moonlight
>doesn't even get how Best Picture films are supposed to be crowdpleasers

C'mon, SON!

I personally loved Moonlight, but it has extremely limited appeal. It doesn't make a bold statement, and it doesn't even have a clear emotional arc to it. These are huge no-nos to the Academy -- it's the reason There Will Be Blood didn't win Best Picture while No Country for Old Men did. It's the historical reason why [your favorite complex, ambiguous movie] didn't win, while [crowdpleasing, but perhaps not as good movie] did.

La La Land has the benefit of being a truly good movie.

best song and scene

youtube.com/watch?v=GTWqwSNQCcg

Hacksaw Ridge deserves to win.

la la land is poorly written, style over substance. so of course it will win

great movie, but it's not the best of the year imo

>HERE'S TO THE ONES THAT DREAM

not to mention devoid of any good music, just typical lukewarm dull musical songs

That and all the other songs are so boring. It's the same couple of notes over and over in the same octave.

>la la land is poorly written

eh. Personally, I found it really relatable that the film was about how two people move apart for reasons that seem to make sense at the time, but are so clearly insane in hindsight. Probably why I enjoyed it so much.

One thing that surprised me about this film was how funny it was at times. I was legitimately laughing in the theater.

The key gag, the entire 80s cover band scene, etc. I really hope Ryan Gosling continues to take on comedic roles. He was hilarious in The Nice Guys, and did well here, too.

Is there a thing gosling can't do
>Lars and the real girl
>drive
>only god forgives
>la la land
>place beyond the pines
>nice guys
>a Neil Armstrong biopic with Damien chazelle

I don't know if anyone else noticed this or if anyone said this, but this movie is literally a jazz song.

Remember the one scene where Sebastian is describing jazz to Mia and how even though it can be the same song it is never played the same way twice and at different times the drummer or sax player might go off and do their own thing and play the song their way. And throughout the movie there would be times when they would just focus on Mia or Sebastian and the decision they are making (see Sebastian playing piano in the restaurant or Mia's final audition)

Then in the final scene at the club we see how their lives could have been different together if they made different decisions. But they always start at the restaurant and end at the club. So just like a jazz song can be played a little bit differently depending on the musicians decide to play it, it still is the same song that starts and ends the same way. Just like they meet at the restaurant and end at the club.

really good film

It's a good movie, but its really not that great. Ryan gosling kinda outshines emma stone, but they are both good performances. Honestly, I just didnt really care about their charcters all that much. I didnt really care about their relationship. The music is good, but not great. I just was kinda underwhelmed by the whole thing, and it was dissappointing because I really thought the movie was gonna have a much grander scale like it did in the opening sequence. I get that that they wanted the two leads to be the center of the movie, but the other musical numbers didnt really affect me as much as the beginning one. It's like they blew their whole budget for that one sequence, and then the movie never really peaks again. Im not saying it's bad, but I dont see how everyone is already calling this movie a masterpiece, I think it's got a little of the special snowflake syndrome, but I dont fully blame the movie for that.

7/10

>watching musicals
>2016

fucking hell, lmao

re ddit the movie

>>watching musicals
>fucking hell, lmao

>re ddit the movie

fucking hell, lmao

re ddit the post

t. upset nu-male

kek

Kinda the point when you reach the epilogue.