Can anyone rec me movies like Blade?

Urban, nocturnal and entertaining movies. Bonus points for some obscure shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y-fLRBa-_VE
torrent.cd/ba2146079dc65566c0587579e1bc54b09dc381c0/Deep Cover 1992 Uncut DVDrip H264.torrent
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Crow
Darkman
Tetsuo the Iron Man. Fits the description but not that similar.

Nothing supernatural about it but god damn Fishbourne could have played a superhero vampire just the same. Damn good to watch at night

youtu.be/y-fLRBa-_VE

Blade II

so....why didn't he open his eyes?

I was trying to find a decent torrent of this weeks ago, but It's fucking hard to find one so help me if you can.

not enough nocturnal creepy urban movies at all

>still the best Marvel movie to date

Great taste coming through

I've seen Underworld. It kinda fits the description, but the aesthetic are too gothic desu.

It's urban, nocturnal, and has plenty of action. It 100% fits the description. Also gothic shit is awesome

Yeah. That opening scene its so fucking good, I think I will never going to see anything like that anymore.

torrent.cd/ba2146079dc65566c0587579e1bc54b09dc381c0/Deep Cover 1992 Uncut DVDrip H264.torrent

best one I could find, all the higher quality ones have no seeders

I've seen it! Great movie. Its urban nocturnal 100%, feel free to rec more movies user.

he just didn't

Thanx user! Looking forward to see it.

Stakeland

If you mean like mid-late-90s with dated-sounding techno soundtrack,

Mortal Kombat
Spawn
The Crow
The Matrix
Hackers

Seen it. Fits the description and is fun although I prefer the first one.

Yeah, I accept that too. Those are seminal 90's dated-sounding techno soundtrack core. I just need movies that are a bit more under the radar.

Dark City is a great film.

For crime/thriller type shit, Judgment Night is also bretty gud.

Judgment Night is kino man. Also Predator 2 from the same director.

Not saying that gothic is bad, I just prefer it more when is combined with industrial shit. Underworld is fun and has a great metro station opening at night under the rain, but later they go to that vampire mansion where the architecture is like fucking dracula castle and it kinda ruins it for me a bit. Also vampires live like aristocrats and are quite despicable. It's a great movie though and fits the descript.

There are no movies like Blade, it's the purest form of action/vamp kino

There are imitations, such as but it's literally the beta faggot's Blade.

The synopsis says that it's post apocalytic. I don't wanna see some deserted/country landscapes. Should I care?

Underworld is better

then again I'm biased because can't fucking stand Wesley Snipes

Thanks! Looks good. Also, Walter Hill is a bad motherfucker when it comes to unique action movies. The Warriors, Trespass, The Driver etc.

It doesn't have to be a vampire movie. If the set contains urban dark streets, metro, night etc. it's fine.

It's interesting that both Blade and Dark City are proto-Matrix.

Great movie.
>Spawn
Man that cgi was shit, even at the time. Its a shame, we really need another Spawn movie with a good coat of polish.

Does James Cameron's The Terminator count? Its night scenes stands out the most.

Don't watch these. They're terrible

I haven't seen this aside from a few clips but I have a feeling it's on the same boat

>King of New York
>terrible
you have shit taste

Yep sir, but its a classic. If you know of more obscure movie then great. And yeah, the night scenes are the best in T1, basically the previous moments of Sarah entering the Technoir and what it follows are amazing. Also, that scene when the Terminator arrives to the motel and the final chase in the tunnel. Hell, it's like a night tour of a movie.

That's because Cameron wanted to make a tech noir movie.

Hence the name of the nightclub.

King of New York it's excellent IMO. It's nocturnal, in New York, very murky, with club scenes and violent. There aren't movies that depict NY as dark as this one.

What I love about it is how dissimilar it is to other mob movies from around the same time. After The Godfather came out most gangster movies followed its example, being about the inner workings of the mafia, their lifestyles, etc. Instead, King of New York is a throwback to the gangster movies of the 30s and 40s, a crime opera about a single man and his rise and fall.

It also has a humorous self-awareness to it that makes it rather unique

Also Christopher Walken is fucking scary in King of New York. Maybe I don't remember very well, but there is a scene in which he is in a balcony telling his plans to one of his chicks and the scene ends with him changing his tone of voice into a very menacing one saying something like "Just one more...". I got the chills the first time I saw that scene.

I definitely wouldn't want to be on his bad side

stupid nigger shot before he was even aiming at the guy lel

Margin Call - takes place at night in city, has a bit of a disaster movie vibe

Glengarry Glenn Ross - takes place at night in the city

Collateral - night, city, crime, action

The Ninth Gate - night, europe, creepy/forboding, occult, even day time is gloomy

End of Watch - mostly evening/night, crime, drama

Attack the Block - night, britain, crime, aliens

American Graffiti - night, 50's/60's, teens, coming of age, comedy, suburbs/town

25th hour - crime, drama, night

Tron Legacy - whole thing takes place at night in the real world and digital world, lots of city

Escape from NY - city, night, crime, action, sci fi

Strange Days - city, night, dystopia, sci-fi

> king of New York terrible.

Get a load of this faggot

Fuck you, gothic is the best /aesthetic/

King of New York is a better gangster movie than Goodfellas and if you disagree you are a massive pleb Scorsese dicksucker. Not that his dick doesn't deserve a little love, it's just you plebs jam it so far down your throats you've got tears running down your face everytime he shits out another cookie cutter film.

im yifying this
>The Crow
yes

>Abel Ferrara will never make gritty 70's-90's era pre-Giuliani NYC character and setting driven movies again

That's a pretty shitty feel right there.

In his defense it IS a double-barreled shotgun and he was inches away from the target.

streets of fire
night of the comet

Ferrara is such an underrated director

GOAT movie.

And soundtrack.

>larry fishburne

He fell asleep

Nightwatch/Daywatch

Word.

Don't mind the bad marketing, Run All Night was an excellent dark and gritty night movie.

Everyone is a criminal, the whole movie takes place over the course of a single night and the action actually surprised me.

downloading now

One of the best "so bad it's good" movies you've never heard of.

>Rudy Ray Moore