Why do Russians pirate movies?

Why do Russians pirate movies?

If you earn 15000 a month you can't afford BDs for 1500. There were no streaming services until recently. And they are arse. Many older people buy satellites though and they're satisfied. Why would you pay for stuff if you can get full BD, DVD of everything for free?

asking payment for entertainment is a crime

Russians make 100 a month.

>paying for movies

400 would closer to the truth

actually we make 1$/month
so you can buy 1 loaf of bread and 1 litre of Kvass
pretty cool huh? Soviets couldn't even afford Kvass

No, 100 is what the well off rusdiqn makes higher than that its rich people

If you make 100 a month in russia you have to be greatful to party for making you so fortunatw possible higher then that youre a valuable asset to oligarchs

Agreed. Even though I make $12,000/month, if I can use a torrent I will.

If a russian makes 400 a month he doesnt see eye to eye to plebs

100USD is about the minimum wage. Most ivans outside moscow earn around 250-500USD on average

7% of Americans make more than 100k a year so 93% of Americans make less than you.

yeah cashier somwhere in Belgorod makes around 400-500

No they dont, you habe a few making higher than minimum and vast majority on minimun and that increases "average" that doesnt mean average russian person makes that much.

What the fuck do you know, you live on the other side of the planet. The average salary in Russia is much higher than what statistics show since Russia has the largest shadow market in the world. There's an enormous amount of unrecorded and untaxed economic activity so the real average salary is almost impossible to measure, but it's definitely higher than the official 569$

Say you have 100 people 1 person has 10 billion dollars the rest of the 99 people have 1 dollar, only 1 in 100 has 10 billion but 99/99 has a range between 1-1 dollars, but the average wealth is 100 million.

Only way for higher wages is worker unions, all workers unionized.

Isn't Russia like the poorest country on earth?

Not even remotely

Remember that after 2014 ruble plummeted and so did the wages in USD.
In the provincial towns the living standards are shit

This is why America is good prior to this America was an illeterate impoverished third world country poorer in every emway to new spain aka mexico.

You can not be pro workers and be anti unions.

Immigration was to pummel American workers to submission.

Illiterate*

>America was an illeterate
it's still is

>venezuela

I always watch films I wait and want to support in cinema but I never bought any DVD in my life after I was connected to Internet.

In the past people used to buy DVD/CDs here, but it was back in the 90s/early 2000s, and there was no official DVDs here. They were also selled by pirates

In my case, I never buy DVD/BR because I don't have so much money to spare and I don't have such good devices to watch a real Blu Ray movie. Why should I buy for watching a film on my laptop?

Aveage wage was 700$ before ruble plummed and after it plummed wages in rouble growed significantly

Only marginally. Russians have lost much of their purchasing power after 2014. Price of many products have gone up a lot
I live close to the border and I've been going there for gas since 2011 almost every week. I've seen the change and talked to people - have a few russian friends since my town is pretty much swarming of them ebin :D

>paying for movie

they dindyun nuthin

It was actually 1000$

>tfw wouldn't mind to pay for watching game of thrones episodes as their air but have no idea how to do it so I pirate

There's no HBO Russia? It's like Netflix

>wages in rouble growed significantly
They didn't grow.

it is illegal to contraband gas fuel through the border yeah?

It's not contrabad. Just fill the tank + 10l :D
It's still much cheaper than here. Sometimes there's just a long waiting at the border control

ok Ville as you say))

what language do you talk with them? Are they Sami or russians?

How do you earn so much shekels? Are you a software engineer working 2 jobs?

Finnish since they've lived here since 90s - my friends I mean. Most Russians don't speak much Finnish tho little english

Buying DVDs is too expensive. I can't pay 15$ for one season of a show because I earn about 210$.

>I earn about 210$.

Some people earn 150$, the average is around 350$. So I'm not in the worst position.

What's your job?

Mechanical engineer on a military oriented factory. I develop new designs of additional manufacturing equipment and create tech processes for their production.

And for that $210? I thought at least educated people have decent wages