Best lyricist of our generation?

best lyricist of our generation?

Is that Joanna Newsom?
If not, then no.

hes a rapist and a sadboy loser

wtf, he was found not guilty.
you type of people make me fucking sick... just an accusation is enough to make someone guilty. i hope you get rectal cancer.

>tfw the allegations were proven false, the woman said they were false and autists on a mongolian weaving forum still parrot shit like the virtue signalling sjw's they claim to hate

no, but he’s up there in terms of depression and personal traumatic expression. desu, letting off the happiness and fevers & mirrors were their peak. that stupid chistmas album helped miss their shot and IWAIM was good, but doesn’t deserve the hype that their first two albums actually deserve.

his solo stuff is better imo, check it out. Self titled, upside down mountain, ruminations and salutations are all very good

i dont disbelieve victims til its proven false. he clearly intimidated her or payed er off.

back to tumblr, cunt

>court finds him not guilty
>accuser says she made it up
>alibi foolproof
>wrote an album about it

>"oi nah he still done it but"

*Blocks your path*

the fuck you on about, do you think Conor Oberst is fuckin Tony Soprano?

I like Mark a lot but Bill's writing is just so laconic and sharp. I mean clearly they're drastically different songwriters nowadays but even when Mark was writing the more traditional I think Bill had him beat.

I can see it now. Conor walks into a dark bedroom where his accuser sleeps. He's holding a steel pipe and flicks on the lights, tapping the pipe against the bedframe waking her up.

"so, um, so it's just this thing I've been thinking about, so i swear it's no big deal, um, but, so if you could not tell anyone, um, so if you could do that? hey thanks, i owe you one, thanks so much"

not that guy
he only has one good album and the lyrics are really good but they don't hold up against dylan, cohen, or even malmuks or nas

>our generation
>dylan

no, i'm saying he doesn't hold up to the great lyricists of past generations

possibly yes

thats not tim kinsella

>our generation
>age 37
he could've been my dad

does his solo work resemble either of those albums? i really liked when bright eyes showed more of a cursive influence. it created such a unique sound mixture with the indie/experimental folk. it kills me that we’ll probably never hear an album with that sound ever again:(

You gotta be a real baby brain motherfucker to care about lyrics, even bands like New Order with complete shit lyrics still have enjoyable music to listen to, go read a poem or something homo

Eyedea

MODS

fpbp