What is David Lynch's best work?

What is David Lynch's best work?

His hair

Eraserhead

and then Mulholland Drive

and then Straight Story

and then the rest.

He's not finished with kino yet. He's probbably yet to unleash his magnum opus upon our pleb behindes.

>tfw Lynch will most likely never make a feature film ever again

If Twin Peaks does well he'll at least do one more season. By then he'll be in his mid/late 70's. I want one more feature length so bad but I doubt we'll ever see it.

>Inland Empire (2006) will be his last film

You can't rush kino. It will arrive when it's meant to arrive.

He probably was to busy working on the Cleveland show.

Hells Kitchen season 8

Rabbits

Fire Walk With Me

by far...

Can I watch this without seeing the rest of Twin Peaks?

Epic, epic for the win I guess you could say

the elephant man.

It's a shame lynch cant get funding for a feature (based on how bad his features have been since fire walk with me).

He's directing a new season of one of the most hyped television shows of all time. With a major network too. I think he could get funding for whatever he wanted after this season. He's a bona fide master of American cinema at this point.

>Eraserhead
this, though the rest of your post is wrong.

the elephant man. god what a film.

Mulholland Drive but Blue Velvet remains my personal favourite.

Straight Story is by far his most underrated film. Had any other director made it, it would be a classic. But since Lynch fans don't really care for stuff like that, it gets ignored.

What is this look attempting to convey?

i thought it was was pretty good when i saw it back in the day.
i was happy that he had make a return to a more linear story based project instead of his previous 2 efforts (lost highway, mul drive) which are polarizing at best (being kind there). unfortunatley, that didnt last long i.e inland empire.

ofc he is, thats true, even when he has tried to sabotage his own career with suicidal choices from the 90's onwards. its a good thing he made such great work in the 70's,80's and early 90's.

>he ends his career with his shittiest movie

Lynch is too good for this world.

>those cameos in cleveland show and family guy

does the average viewer even know who he is?

fucking masterful

>You will never shake David's hand and thank him

Absolutely not.

Blue Velvet > Mulholland Drive > The Elephant Man > Lost Highway > Twin Peaks: FWWM > The Straight Story > Inland Empire > Wild at Heart > Eraserhead > Dune

That's how I'd rank them anyways

Eraserhead then Fire Walk with Me then the rest

Yes.

I'd promote MD, FWWM and The Straight Story, but I like your thinking. Still a sucker for Wild at Heart, though it's weak relative to the rest.

lost highway

>Lynch was on The Cleveland Show
Something you wouldn't ever expect. But why

Some men just want to watch the world brown.

Lynch likes funny shows

>Ersaerhead that low
You're not getting any brownie points

Don't worry. He has a shitty tv show coming out.

Dune is legitimate kino with a god-tier soundtrack and cast.

Agreed. There's a Q2 fan cut that adds the "missing pieces" content back into the film and it elevates an already great movie significantly.

>people who were somehow invested in Twin Peaks for the "Plot" were upset the FWWM didn't have enough ancient aliens reveals and so anyone who appreciates it must be memeing

Werner Herzog also was the narrator on Metalocalypse.