Why is eastern finland so poor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Car0Vdq4nNk
youtube.com/watch?v=VOdE_0qa4t8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
youtube.com/watch?v=J9Q6MQmcAhc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No kalja?

Why is Southern Ostrobothnia so poor compared to Southern Karelia?

Because Eastern parts of European countries always tend to be poor, lol.

Britain?
France?
Spain?
Norway?

Not sure but I think all these countries also have some very poor regions in them. But it will be correct in Germany, Poland, Russia and a few other countries.

The reason is obvious. There are always poor rural areas and rich industrial areas in any country, all your regions just cannot be rich all the time.

Why is Nokia so poor?

You can literally see how the western side that was under swedish control long, not russian, is doing even nowadays better

How can I invest in eastern Finland?

As far as I know after Finland became part of Russia it became pretty much independent. Tsars didn't force anything in Finland. It is just obvious that regions closer to the sea and therefore to the international trade have more people and are more industrialized and developed

This border of finland is from 1300s and all of finland was part of sweden again after this but the russian damage was permanent. Finland got onto its feet after getting autonomous, not being ruled by neither russia or sweden

What damage are you talking about? RE gave you full autonomy on every level

What I find most weird is that northern Finland is richer than central and eastern Finland. In Sweden the northern part is extremely poor even though they natural resources.

>Tsars didn't force anything in Finland.
In the early years it was pretty relaxed in the later years they started their russification process. If the ww1 and soviet revolution wouldn't have happened we would most likely speak russian these days

That has nothing to do with it. There's just zero reason to live/start a business far from the coast so only old people stay there.
In the long run, the inland will be deserted.

Just a guess but north has lots of tourism. There is nothing but forest in the east.

Because there's nothing there. There's been a several documentaries about young men living there all women have moved elsewhere, filmed in the early 2000s during one of the largest economical growth period.
It's just unemployed or farming

youtube.com/watch?v=Car0Vdq4nNk
youtube.com/watch?v=VOdE_0qa4t8
Wish they had subtitles. And remember those were from the "good days" don't know how depressing it's these days

>the northern part is extremely poor

Lapland has tourism and mining

Why is southern Finland (Estonia) so poor?

Why is Åland so rich?

Government subsides. They get 5000€/person while on average other regions gets 1000€/person
We're cucks I know

Soviets and communism fucked them hard.
Before WW2 we were basically on the same line. We were both agricultural countries.
In a way soviets did a favor for us by forcing us to build shit for them. We had to develop industry pretty fast.

It's not. Only thing they do is grow potatoes. We just give them money for whatever reason.

actually Estonia was richer than Finland

>this kekkosslovakia propganda
Like it wouldn't have happened without giving our exports for free 10 years.
Most of our country was unharmed and didn't need much rebuilding we could've been like Sweden

Russians in 1800s were different from the 1300s cossack rapists.

I don't know about Estonia but we were pretty much in the same economically back then before ww2 as we're now
GDP/capita same level as france and netherlands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
I don't know where this meme comes from that we were poor back then. So was rest of the europe

>giving our exports for free 10 years.
That's why we developed so fast. We had to build our industry. It was fucked up then but it worked in the end.

Is this what northern Finland really is like?
youtube.com/watch?v=J9Q6MQmcAhc

We were already industrialized. This is just kekkosslovakia propaganda to look something bright about giving shit for free for our new dearest ally

Yes

Looks fun

Goat documentary.
He was pure white trash and got murdered somewhere in SEA.
Mostly northern Finland is just alcoholism and stabbings.

nah, he hanged himself

We lost the war so it was the best possible outcome. We were forced to produce soviets shit for free so why not profit out of it in the long run?

Well there are several theories about it.

Yes we had to pay reparations but assholes who claim that it was beneficial for our economy are just victims of propaganda that we industrialized due to war reparations
We even built submarines in the 30s and had a solid industrial backbone

clear as day

I've seen the pictures, but he might have been suicided because he got in debts with some bad people.
Who knows what really happened.