Fantasy Football Thread 3

DAD gonna run a train on some plebs edition

Reposted from the last /fantasy/thread.

Since the old 16 team Mega Spee league has disappeared I've created a new league to replace it.

Scoring is basically the same as last time. 0.5 PPR, standard scoring for rushing, receiving, etc. 10 starters: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K. 6 bench spots and 2 IR bonus spots as well. Teams will also get to keep 2 players after the season.

4 divisions, 4 teams per division, 4 wild cards. Playoffs are Weeks 14-16, one week each. Division winners get the top 4 seeds and the home team receives the tiebreaker.

Email me for an invite. My throwaway email is [email protected] (I made it when I was 13, so fuck off). Snake Draft is 8:00 Eastern on Tuesday, September 5th.

2 spots are still available.

Is Rudolph/McFuckdick a good offer for Olsen? Olsen owner has Zeke but was also retarded enough to offer Alshon for OBJ.

My plan is to get Olsen then trade for Kelce and Henry since I have Demarcbro

>people unironically draft handcuffs

WEW

>in coastal texas
>draft sunday night
This will be fun.

>drafting kickers in the 11th round
Do you play with idiots?

is Autism Arena kill?

Ya do it. How is trading away Alshon for OBJ retarded?

Also you're not gonna be able to trade Olsen for Kelce and Henry. Just keep Olsen.

did I do okay?

It's okay depending on league size. Start Montgomery over Stewart.

Need # of teams and scoring system to determine. Your team is very strong in PPR with strong pass catching backs like Ty Mongtomery and Theo Riddick and more PPR friendly guys like Jamison Crowser.

If this is standard and say like a 10 man league your RB's are rough. If this is PPR very solid team overall just survive till zeke gets back and you'll be fine. Also - don't roster two defenses. Trade the seahawks D with another player to try and upgrade one of your flex spots. No starting TE required it looks like so I'd just punt that position.

10 man PPR.

Ya, just need my backs to get me through the first 6 weeks, and I should be alright.

Trading that D is a good idea, thanks user.

10 man standard, picking 5th. Snake draft.

Who the fuck do I take and what should my strategy be?

Picking at 5 in standard. David Johnson, Lev Bell, and Antonio Brown will go 1-2-3 in some order unless you have some idiot picking at the top. 4 is usually OBJ or Julio.

Personally? I would go for LeSean McCoy at 5 and try and grab a WR1 like Dez or someone like that on the come around in round 2. Alternatively you could grab Julio/OBJ whoever is left of the top 3 WRs and try and grab someone like Demarco Murray in the 2nd round.

Be wary of McCoy my man. Bills need him fresh for next season. This season they're tanking. OBJ is the right pick if he's available.

Isn't OBJ out for two games tho?

>Bills need him fresh for next season.

Wat. He's 29 with a ton of carries and a big contract. This might be his last hurrah as a huge RB1. Buffalo would cut or trade him after this year and just draft a new cheap RB if needed.

Of course there's risk with Shady, as there is with any Rb as they get hammered but this is the first I've heard of this angle. If anything, the Bills tanking to me means MORE of shady, he might set career highs in catches and shit.

TFW you autodrafted Andrew Cuck in the 8th round and can't drop him

No... I haven't heard that.

Tanking is bad for McCoy for sure. And you can't just draft a replacement because McCoy is too good. He's under contract for several more years. They'll want to preserve him for when the team is better.

I still think he'll have a great fantasy year, but not top 5 great. I might take Murray over McCoy.

Who's the 2nd best rookie RB behind Fournette?
Mixon?
McCaffrey?
Cook?

Probably McCaffrey for PPR, how about standard?

Mike Evans. That's the patrician 5th overall. 1300 yards and 10 TD's

Only if OBJ and Julio are gone.

I love OBJ but him possibly missing two games to start the season is something to think about.

Julio occasionally disappears and has a few 30 yard no TD type games.

I think Jameis is more likely to force feed Evans, especially in the red zone.

12 man PPR, 9th pick
RB or WR first round?

I would take Evans 4th tbqh, love him this year

10 team, 0.2 ppr, 0.1 point per carry. Drafted from the 2nd spot.

Can't wait to collect my winnings :^)

0.5 ppr 12 team one of whom is in sportscasting other 10 are dumb family members

Whoever is best when your turn to draft is up but in a tie, go RB.

>Fournette being best rookie RB
McCaffrey and Cook being a close 2nd.
Mixon has more talent but a worse situation especially with Hill and Bernard both looking well enough

Unless something has changed recently, Luck in the 8th is fine.

"Day-to-day, up to 2 weeks out." There is no word on his injury's specifics, just "ankle injury."

Get Evans

Get Evans, don't change your strategy for most players. Avoid RBs like Woodhead and Riddick as most of their value is receptions out of the backfield.

>muh Daddy Tucker scores 30 more fantasy points per year

perty good personally i would take robinson out of flex for hyde or maybe dalvin, but murray and leveon is an insanely wtrong duo.

makes sense if you're going with Doug Martin or Zeke but I tend to agree otherwise

>Julio occasionally disappears and has a few 30 yard no TD type games.
That will change now that Shanahan is gone. He loved to spread the ball around and sometimes Julio was left out of the gameplan.

>I think Jameis is more likely to force feed Evans
Why? The bucs got more offensive weapons this year. I think it could certainly be a big year for Jameis but not as much for Evans.

10 man, standard, 3 starting WRs + flex (rest of roster is regular 1 qb 2 rb 1 te 1 d/st 1 K etc)

r8, h8, b8.

I agree with this assessment. I think Julio is the better actual WR but in fantasy he is maddeningly up and down. If you take out his 300 yards & 1TD explosion vs the Panthers last year his numbers aren't that great. And as far as standard leagues, Julio just doesn't really score TD's.

DeSean Jackson is a really good WR, he won't be ignored. Julio > Evans.

He's a lot more likely to score TDs with the new OC

>Falcons.com's Kelsey Conway reports the team has shown a "real emphasis" on getting Julio Jones more red-zone touches during camp.
>New OC Steve Sarkisian said that was his goal all the way back in June. After being targeted just nine times in the red zone and six times inside the 10 last season, Jones should see more work near the goal line this year

Just drafted this for a work league. I got a lot of players that I wanted so I'm feeling good about it. Thoughts? (12-team standard)

RBs:
Melvin Gordon
Ty Montgomery
CJ Anderson
Doug Martin
Jacquizz Rodgers
Samaje Perine

WRs:
Dez Bryant
Michael Crabtree
Allen Robinson
Brandon Marshall
John Brown

QB and TE are Hunter Henry and Marcus Mariota

I feel like Marshall will be a WR2 this year now that he's not on a trash team and has Beckham to draw a lot of attention away from him. Also think that Doug Martin will do really well when he comes back, great 7th round value (and I got Jacquizz in case things go wrong with Doug).

Any good fantasy team names?

They don't have to be football related I'm just looking for some good ideas, preferably funny ones

Why the fuck is everyone so high up on Ty Montgomery? He was mediocre as fuck towards the end of last season and has looked mediocre as fuck so far this season

anyone want to start a Sup Forums league?

There's like 4 different ones with open spots assclown

I thought "Mixon is not a Crook" was pretty funny

where are they?

email sent

2 spots left in a 14 man Sup Forums auction league
.5 PPR, Draft is in 9 days, send an email to [email protected] for an invitation.

God. You can almost see her pussy.

that's the point ;)

Theoretical upside as the lead runner in a good offense and most of the better options are off the table by the time he gets drafted. Mediocre isn't half bad for a fantasy RB when you get as many scoring opportunities as the Packers. That said I don't think I would take him unless he fell though, but I can see the logic.

nvm figured it out

10 man .5 ppr Snake I draft 6th. Who do I keep?
Round 1 Antonio Brown.
Round 3 Thomas Rawls.
Round 4 Larry Fitzgerald.
Round 7 Drew Brees.
Round 8 DeSean Jackson.
Round 9 Michael Crabtree.
Round 14 Derek Carr
Devontae Booker waiver.
Zach Ertz waiver.
Mike Gillisee waiver.
Tim hightower waiver.
Kenny Britt waiver.
Malcolm Mitchell waiver.

Probably Antonio Brown right?

>My wife's son

Your WRs are going to end up costing you your season. Dez was a trap pick and Dalvin Cook is also a trap pick - look at his plays in the Seahawks preseason game and tell me you'd take the guy before round 8.

Why the fuck is everyone in these threads acting like he played poorly against the Seahawks? He had fucking 40 yards on 7 carries

>ran into his own blockers
>missed lanes
>tripped on his own feet
The guy looked shaky

10th pick in a 12 man keeper league.

How fucked am I?

lol RIP Edelman

Umm yes... why even ask that?

Any good links to download premium draft kits for free?

>have drafted Rawls in the 10th
>out AGAIN with an ankle injury
>Carson is crushin' it
>also picked up Chris Hogan since Edelman is DED

What do, stick with Rawls and Hogan or drop one for Carson?

Keep Brees, 7th round is ridiculous value for him, he's going in the 3rd

Why draft 2 QBs? Thing I'll never understand.

I'm also 10th pick in a 12 man 0.5ppr

And despite all of that he STILL got 5.7 ypc against the Seahawks def.

First year playing FF so could use help.

I'm picking 4th. I don't really like OBJ (especially if he's actually injured), so Julio would seem like the only option but I'm actually considering Evans, thoughts on this?

Also do you think I'll get a shot at a good RB at #17? Ajayi/Howard? Take the risk with Zeke? I like Crowell a lot, but maybe it's reaching?

Also is it a good idea to get 2 QB's or 2 TE's? Or should my bench be filled only with RB/WR?

Thanks guyz

Reminder that if you draft DEF in any round before 14 you are mathematically, statistically fucking stupid, even if those DEFs are the 00s Ravens and 13 Seahawks tier.

I repeat, you are an absolute garbage shitter if you draft DEF before r14.

This is mathematical and statistical. You can literally look up the numbers to prove it's fucking stupid.

Keep being shit.

>t. guy that got his defense jacked in round 13

How many players in your league? And yeah Julio would be fine, he has an elite QB and elite offense, Evans is fine too since he is also in an elite offense and has caught a TON of catches this preseason, which essentially means that the addition of Desean Jackson wont lessen Evans points

Thank you friend. Where's the maths you speak of tho?

Surely you aren't speaking out of your ass. R-right?

10players, everything standard I believe

>about to have rodgers, julio, and leveon in a 10 team money league

my sides are literally orbiting neptune

Another RB is possible but unlikely, not unless you want Gurley

Hey what's a good haul for the 2nd overall pick? I've never had this position and I'm fielding offers. Standard 12 man.

>tfw you will never be able to enjoy an NFL season without having spergs constantly bring up their mongoloid fantasy teams in every conversation

>tfw youre such an autistic fuck that you watch the NFL for team loyalty instead of as
a money making process

that fucking kaepernick nigger amirite?

Watching Smith under and off throw to Tyreek Hill made me regret drafting Hill now.

>tfw you'll never be even slightly normal enough to have a conversation with someone about something they enjoy, unless it's something you enjoy as well.

>been playing in a friend's league for the past 3 years
>they always draft after the 2nd preseason game for some fucking reason
>literally every season I lose a major player due to a preseason injury

First year it was Jordy Nelson. Next year Tony Romo. Now this year fucking Edelman. What the fuck. Why does it always have to be me...

I'm doing a 12 man 1 point ppr and I'm pick 3. I'm hoping pick 1 and 2 leave Bell or Johnson for me but I'll probably get Brown. Who will be left for me at pick 22 and 26? Is pick 26 too early to get Rodgers?

Boys, what do when 10th pick in 12 man league, 0.5 PPR

Gordon or evens if he's there.

Yeah way to early for a QB. I'd grab zeke desu

Pick a player you'd like on your team after the 9th person picks there's

Sounds complicated I think I'm gonna drop out of my league thanks

>been trying to talk myself out of taking Gronk at 15th overall
>Edelman gets injured

reply to this if you were able to pick up Hogan on free agency

Just had my draft today

12 team, PPR

Tell me how I did

was this before or after the games? if it was before then you just stole the draft

Top 20 Finisher Sleepers (at position)
>Derrick Henry (RB)
>Chris Hogan (NE)

Who's sleeping on Derrick Henry?

I drafted at 9:30 EST so I'm kinda happy that I grabbed Cook topkek

You should be even more pleased having Hunt on your bench, he's probably going to start going in the 3rd and 4th round god damn

Get rid of Brown though, he wont do shit and is sickly

>picked Edelman
>injured in a fucking pre season game
god dammit

Alright Sup Forumsartans, I'm going to be drafting in a
10 man
PPR
QBS: TD passes worth 6 points, INTs only -1 point, and only 20 yards passing per point

If I end up with the 6th or 7th pick should I take the best qb? If not, when should I take a qb?

Can confirm, posted reasons past two /ffg/ threads too.

Same with Kickers. In fact, draft a D/ST before kicker.

Unsure exactly what you're asking. Are you trading draft picks? Are you trading your 2nd pick for players, like in a keeper league?

>mom look I posted it again!

Bummer he's not looking so hot right now. He was getting talked up as the next Percy Harvin. I don't know if I'd want that title desu.

I feel your pain. My work league drafts the Monday after the 1st preseason game. I don't know why but they refuse to change.

The best player on the board.

Rodgers in the 4th is the earliest I'd take him.

Solid 8/10, likely playoff team and ship contender.

Henry but he's no sleeper.

Don't worry about QB scoring, 4 or 6 only really matters in 2 QB leagues. God no don't take a QB in the 1st round. Again, Rodgers should be the 1st QB off of the board and it should be in the 4th or later. You lose too many good players drafting a QB that early especially when its such a deep position this year.

I'm in the exact same situation and I'm choosing Jordy then an RB

1 spot left.
Also, looking for 2 teams to fill in for my 12 man standard Sup Forums league that's continuing from last year, we had all members active except for 1 near end and 1 can't continue this year. Snake draft for this league. Reply to this post with email if you'd like an invite for either, and specify which one or email [email protected]

>If I end up with the 6th or 7th pick should I take the best qb? If not, when should I take a qb?
I firmly believe that if you take a QB before round 7 you are a sucker. There are just so many serviceable options that blowing your load for Rodgers in the early rounds is pure lunacy.

Try playing in a big league.

>Try playing in a big league.
Unless someone is snapping up bench qbs, you're going to have people like Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, and Stafford all past the QB12 mark.

I play 16-team. If you're stuck beyond QB13 or so, it gets quite bad.