Rogue One

So can we all agree this movie was way better than The Force Awakens?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3CaTIUO-2yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Uncharismatic characters

>So can we all agree
The answer to that is always no, regardless of how the sentence ends.

Yeah you're right, TFA characters was so much better because they giggle and eat a ration bar every now and then

>we can all agree that this putrid fruitcake was better than the radioactive turd retrieved from a New York sewer
way to aim high, Disney shill

I concur.

TFA was mediocre and really only memorable for retreading the original film and killing Han Solo. It felt like a Marvel flick, just barely qualifying as "okay" and getting a shit ton of praise because it's popular and overhyped.
Rogue One had a much better cast and script, and actually had character development.
It did a decent job at displaying a more morally gray area of the Rebellion (attempting assassinations against possible threats instead of recruiting/capturing them and murdering informants), and gives a better look at what war looks like in the Star Wars universe without lightsabers and the Force.
Not quite as good as the original trilogy but I'd say it's pretty good. It certainly does a better job at capturing the feel of the original trilogy than TFA did.

yes, TFA was fucking terrible.

its like they went "well, we fed them shit, time to show them a decent movie"

Just got out of the theater. I liked it a lot. I just don't understand one thing:

>have plans to Death Star by human invasion to island base
>"Many Bothans died to bring us this information..."

...Whut?

>This is a consular's ship
>I'm part of the Galactic Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan

Did they forget that not 10 minutes earlier they were stuck in a Star Destroyer and Vader was completely destroying their men? Do they take him for a fool? Oh wait they just wanted an epic Vader action scene even if it made no sense.

that was the second death star you cunt.

Script was worse than TFA and at TFA at least had more than 1 likable original character

This movie was all in all very bad

Every single time.

I liked TFA more

There are many of that type of ship

How in god's name can you defend the script in rogue one? No one in this movie talked comfortably or like a normal person and every action sequence in the movie was supreme luck ad nasuem

This movie made me realize how little I care for the conflict between the Rebellion and the Empire as opposed to the conflict between the Jedi and the Sith.

>Script was worse than TFA
No it wasn't
>TFA at least had more than 1 likable original character
No it didn't

Yes this movie was awesome, I've seen it twice and that Darth Vader scene gave me goosebumps twice

Yeah, because obviously they're going to admit to having just been there.

How do you know that the second Death Star wasn't made out of parts and pieces from the first Death Star, cunt? Insurance only covers up to 75% of the original damage and the Empire isn't going to write-off that nice of a spaceship as a total loss.

They don't have to admit shit. This is like some guy punching you in the stomach then running across the room to put a lampshade on his head Looney Tunes style. Vader was right fucking there and immediately pursued them which is when ANH starts. He was right there watching them go. He killed hordes of their men.

>Follow that ship

Literally all he has to say.

This movie had way better action than TFA, while TFA had...um...what did TFA have again?

>i have shit taste and am a easily-entertained manchild with mental illnesses
jeez, user, get it together

How did anyone not speak like a normal person? Nothing was jarring, the dialogue flowed pretty well, and it was all around better and less jarring than Episode VII.

Feminazi xenomorph lead.

No. Force awakens was a consistent 7/10. Rogue one was 3/10 for 75% of the flick

>what did TFA have again?
quips

Space Niggas.

it's actually even better by the third rewatch...there's dozens of subtle details and nuances...what's worse is because you know how it ends, the feels build up by the halfway point and it becomes a bit overwhelming

By a mile

I liked TFA and I get the feeling a lot of Sup Forums and Sup Forums didn't purely because they are triggered by non Ben-Hur tier white men are not protagonists.

But I agree R1 was better. There's a lot of character development missing from the side-cast though and it looks like it could have been a TV series rather than a movie.

For example what was Chirruts developmental journey exactly? His beliefs are never challenged, changed or expressed in any compelling way. It seems his entire purpose in the film is to help Baze find his faith in the force again.

Also, is K-2SO a loveletter to HK 47?

Rogue One is prequels tier bad

All this movie has made me realize is how much I want to fuck Felicity Jones desu.

Lots of feels and at face value Rogue One is a better movie, but TFA had a hell of a lot going for it and I think I liked it better. Fight me.

To be fair, Rogue One is literally a prequel.

Rogue One was Death Star plans (again) with dialog consisting of "I am with the Force and the Force is with me"over and over

>literal hammerhead ship coming out of nowhere
Having a KOTOR reference in a movie is hilarious but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Having a spare 4000 year old ship doing ramming on star destroyers is pretty odd.

I wish they had made it an Ocean's type heist movie instead...

Even with that and the first two acts that slog forward despite jumping around, it's still better. Rey, Finn, and Poo are all awful.

K2 is just a snarky robot. HK is a literal misanthrope who only engages with you because he's programmed to. Kind of a huge difference.

I liked Finn. He was plucky and fun.

Honestly I thought it was kind of funny how they spoiled Rebels if you picked up on it.

I think the Rebels cartoon re-introduced the Hammerheads, but they're different designs from the Old Republic ships. Still a KoTOR homage regardless.

But I agree, it would be hilarious if they managed to get a 4000 year old cruiser up and running again just because of the desperate need for ships. Which makes me think further, after 25,000 years of ongoing hyperspace exploration and trade, there must be at least a few hundred thousand old vessels of war around, that you could at least use for cargo if nothing else.

This x1000

DESU, I was actually on the TFA train embarrassingly enough... That is until R1 reminded me of what real Star Wars felt like

>Also, is K-2SO a loveletter to HK 47?
That's insulting. kys

well tech in SW doesn't really advance so old ships would likely still be pretty capable. designs change sure but the tech used is basically the same

What is this R1 is real star wars meme? Real star wars isn't a boring crock of shit.

Fuck off Mike

what the fuck happened to your OP image, the quality is like 1996 over there jesus

The Falcon must be special, since everyone calls it junk. I guess it's just seen a lot of shit over the years and is thus crusted in char and dirt. What was Luke expecting, the Naboo Royalty starship?

The Holiday Special was overall better than The Force Awakens. It was so bad it was funny while TFA was failed humor and a jarring nostalgia theme park ride.

This has already been answered countless times in many threads. Lurk more faggot.

The fact that you think TFA is better speaks worse of you than it does of him.

Yes you are describing what happened on screen, we all saw it too. What's your point exactly?

I would think that Leia's ship would drop out, change course, and try to loose the Devastator at some point. My guess is that it's a few days later and Vader is just hunting any Corellian corvette that's spotted.

why didnt the asian force weeb have a lightsaber? would have made the movie alot more interesting

Was the best Starwars film since ROTJ

Not really. Like TFA or not, it was at least consistent. Rogue One on the other hand was all over the place at the beginning and didn't really get good until the end. There were too many pointless scenes and felt more CGI-ish. Plus the trailers created way more hype for this movie than TFA so the let down was greater. I also feel this film tried being too ambitious whereas TFA played it safe.

Here's the thing with doing movies like Rogue One that's suppose to "tie in" plot holes. You're left with a lot of holes to fill in and a lot of writers get too crazy trying to make everything work everywhere that it becomes a mess. More responsibility falls on the movie but it also tends to create more problems.

TFA on the other hand is not meant for your average autist or old-ass fan. It's for the new generation, but it was played safe by keeping Leia and Han Solo. It was to make the transition to Rey, Finn, and Poe. The storyline was more or less the same, but it was all just consistent. It's also unfair to compare TFA when it's a 3-part movie where Rogue One is just one movie with everything resolving itself at the end.

Sometimes older designs can be way tougher than the new.
Like washing machines or stereo equipment. All that old shit was built like tanks and the new stuff is just weak and made of plastic and streamlined so it's cheaper.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3CaTIUO-2yc
Proof Disney killed Carey fisher

>It did a decent job at displaying a more morally gray area of the Rebellion

Well, if there's anything we've learned since the 1980's it's that desert dwelling rebels don't always have the best intentions.

obviously honestly it's so obvious you morons how could it be more obvious honestly what more can you say.

Well, they obviously weren't trying to be caught, but they were. You expect them to just give in the plans and state their intentions? Still, Vader obviously knew better and that's why he called Leia a rebel and a traitor and took her away.

Yes they killed her weeks after Rogue One has been out, a movie she isn't even in (only her shitty CGI clone. Dumb nigger, if they killed her it would have been before Rogue One release or one year from now to concide with Episode VIII. Disney is not as retarded as you.

Wrong.. Episode 8 filming is over dumbass. Remember Paul walker? He was killed exactly a year before the movie too