Lee Daniels Slams #OscarsSoWhite, Says ‘Stop Complaining’

>“Go out and do the work,” said Daniels, who was nominated for best director for “Precious” back in 2010. “Oscars so white! So what?”
>Daniels continued: “Do your work. Let your legacy speak and stop complaining, man. Are we really in this for the awards?
>“If I had thought that way—that the world was against me—I wouldn’t be here now.
>“These whiny people that think we’re owed something are incomprehensible and reprehensible to me. I don’t expect acknowledgment or acceptance from white America. I’m going to be me,” Daniels declared.
nytimes.com/2016/12/28/arts/television/lee-daniels-fox-star-empire.html

What's his problem?

I agree with his message but not his motivations

In the age of participation and score less sports he expects awards be giving based on merit? Ha!

I think it's more an issue of many minorities not really getting the spotlight. How many Asian actors ever get top billing in a production? How many can you name?
Jackie Chan, Jet Li, John Woo, Steven Yeun, and the Asian guy from Harold and Kumar. Three of them almost never make movies any more.

I'm not saying you've gotta write Asians and blacks and Flips and make your cast look like a bowl of Reese's Puffs, but there have GOT to be some roles that these minorities can get that could at least give them a fighting chance.

This guy gets it. Fucking floored me when Will Smith of all people complained about the Oscars being super white. One, he made his career off selling rap to white kids, and two he could personally send every black kid to acting school if he wanted.

You'll be seeing asian actors a lot real soon, China has been investing a ton into all the big studios in Hollywood lately.

That's just Jada talking through him. Will Smith has an absolutely shit personality and basically exists to do his wife's bidding now

I guess he has a point, considering he's a complete fucking hack who won an oscar anyway. Also wasn't OscarsSoWhite a hashtag from literally a year ago? Why's he bringing it up now?

It seems the nigs are starting it up again.

>12 years a slave dominates oscars 2 years(most voters didn't even see the film)
>Selma and other blacks got nominated last year, although David O. Did get snubbed
>one year with zero blacks and everyone loses their minds

Literally only white sjws give a damn about this shit, the average black person doesn't care

I don't think he's ever won an Oscar.

Because he's a racist white supremacist nazi.

>he expects awards be giving
Re-read OP, you dunce.

Have you never met a black person before? The ones that live in middle class families are the ones complaining about it. You know, the ones that don't have any real problems to protest.

You can't really force diversity in film because they require certain settings and history. If the audience demands Chinese epics for example, you can't just shove some niggers into the background of Ancient China. It wouldn't make sense. Y'a know what I mean? If slavery movies become as big as Marvel movies, I'm sure we can fit some niggers into Hollywood.

Why? Who the fuck cares?
Hollywood is about making bank.
If people preferred to see movies about chinks, Chinese movies would be top of the box office, but they aren't. What is? Capeshit films with attractive people, so that's what they'll continue to make.
Supply and demand.

NIGGERS, JERRY

/thread

12 years got the pity vote because that movie won one or two Oscars.

What about Hispanic/Latinos? They're a larger population but yet you never really see them in movies or on TV.

Also white leads perform way better in the asian market.

Hispanic is such a broad term though, you got white ones, brown ones, etc.

They have their own industry that caters solely to them

You also never see them in acting schools.

I'm Asian and I hate watching Asians on screen. They just can't compete and I don't want to see inferior products. Stop with the white guilt already, it is insulting desu.

Wtf he's literally /our guy/

>Why's he bringing it up now?
Because he was asked about it.
Because the Oscars are around the corner.

Not really.
They did a bit with Chris Rock on the streets in LA and most of the black people he asked about the Oscars didn't give a shit and the movies they were supporting were normie tier shit.

He expects awards be GIVING?!?

As a Western-educated southeast asian girl, I agree. I think White males should be applauded for their individualism, creativity and ability to take charge.

A lot of Caucasian men assume we're into them because we think they're rich or have big penises, and while that certainly helps, the real reason we like them is because they're proven to be accomplished as a people.

I admit I used to buy into liberal feminist arguments that White patriarchy was to blame for all the world's problems, but if I'm being honest with myself, I don't think I would mind being used for sex if I think it will help advance your cause somehow. I realize now that's what my race is best at, we're not even the "good" kind of Asians with high IQs and organizational skills.

We're jungle gooks and I'm a jungle gook whore. So please treat me like a third world monkey slut. I promise to sucky, fucky and love you long time.

And I won't even charge you five dollars for it.

Nice roleplay faggot

There wasn't any legit noms that could have happened. "Beasts of No Nation" getting snubbed was horseshit. Easily tied to studio control of the academy and Netflix not being see as a studio. That movie was really well done with amazing child acting of all things.

That will smith movie? Total fucking oscar bait shit movie. Should we nominate will smith just because he's black? Even though he did a shit accent in a predictable sob story piece of movie?

Hollywood certainly has issues, but people bemoaning that shitty movies don't get nominated is not helping the problem.

>As a Western-educated southeast asian girl...
this is literally the only board i'd believe this on

Most movies are shit, and they are worried about quotas? Asians are like 1 percent of the population anyway, and the films reflect this properly.

The only time movies get above trash bin tier is around oscar season, and half of them are try-hard garbage.

Lucy Liu gets "white," non-racial roles all the time. Top biller. And I want to lick her butthole.

WHAT AN UNCLE TOM

DENOUNCE THIS MAN NOW

Based Rogue One.

10/10 top kek m8y

he is a racist asshole lets kill him

HISPANIC IS NOT A FUCKING RACE YOU DUMB STUPID NIGGER FAGGOT MESTIZO JEW QUEER

YOU FILTHY MEXICAN MESTIZO FUCKS HAVE BEEN RUINING THE WORD HISPANIC FOR FUCKING DECADES

YOU FUCKERS CANNOT ACCEPT YOUR RACE IS MESTIZO MAYAN AZTEC RAPE BABY SO YOU FUCKERS ARE TRYING TO TAKE A GEOGRAPHIC TERM INTO A "RACIAL TERM" EVEN THOUGH SOME HISPANICS LIKE SPANIARDS AND CUBANS ARE UNIRONICALLY WHITE SO WTF

Internalized Racism.

Respectability Politics.

Uncle Tom Nigga.

Self Hating Black.

Bad Ally.

De-intersectionalized.

Asians get more top billing roles than whites, you ignorant fuck.

Is he /ournigga/?

>it's a roleplaying autist episode

wow, uncle tom and drumpfkin much?!

Has he literally ever worked with a black director?