Emo

Post your favourite emo album

Other urls found in this thread:

cursewordspgh.bandcamp.com/
open.spotify.com/user/diekowai/playlist/48Pypuvk8FAWV8NH2muj9Z?si=QcHDLLB8TP-Z6NHE_ZUsJw
youtube.com/watch?v=YIYztLvAYe8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Listen to this a lot

this

Hawthorne Heights is better desu

They're good especially silence in black and white but this this album has a certain feel that I like

This has such a good album name I am jealous

first 3 songs are all 10/10's

Yeah the cover does a good job of capturing the whole myspace scene aesthetic too.

>that random cover of Take On Me that get's thrown in
this album is bonkers

Yeah I like it

This. Kinda falls off after that though.

Favorite is American Football but who cares about that, we all know AF.
Been listening to this album from last year a lot recently. Pretty underrated imo, it has a really melancholic yet mellow vibe, and the lyrics are pretty hard-hitting.
cursewordspgh.bandcamp.com/

I'm counting this as emo

you can count anything as emo it's cool

not emo

Literally all of those are emo or some sub-genre of emo

shame what happened to them but this album is great

Post-hardcore and pop-punk are not emo nor are they subgenres of emo

sorority noise is the only reason I haven't killed myself yet desu

Taking Back Sunday are emo. Shitty pop emo, but still.

post-hardcore and screamo are more or less the same thing

>tfw my emo spotify playlist has 6 followers

Share it qt

I honestly think this album is a 10/10 and I want someone to point out any flaws in it

This record is perfect

open.spotify.com/user/diekowai/playlist/48Pypuvk8FAWV8NH2muj9Z?si=QcHDLLB8TP-Z6NHE_ZUsJw
it's got some pop punk and other garbage mixed in since I mainly intended it for myself but it's primarily emo

that cover is one of the greatest things ever to come out of emo and it's in my top 5 favorite Cap'n songs

wait except the fact that isn't on Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

but I throw it on the end of my copy because it's so great and the rest of Analphabetapolothology isn't that great

superior version
youtube.com/watch?v=YIYztLvAYe8

How do you guys feel about bands like Father Figure and Brave Bird where the vocals are over the top but not skramz?

jesus christ

>father figure
>not skramz
eh?

is rites of spring post hardcore or emo and what is emo

reminder that that was made by austin of camping in alaska

both

>hurr durr

honestly i don't understand the hesitation from some to classify pinkerton as emo
it's pretty much the blueprint that 90% of modern emo pop bands borrow heavily from
just because it wasn't part of any scene doesn't diminish its emo ~credibility~. if i released a self-recorded emo album but have never been involved in any local scene would it not be emo?

tfw nothing can ever top TBLA

to be honest I'd let it be emo yeah, was just poking fun at how wide the margin of "emo" is and how there aren't really any sub genres in place

I love the intermittent emotional yelling in Tired of Sex, wish there was more of it throughout the album

yaphet kotto - the killer was in the government blankets

s k r a m z

such a gay name for the genre

so emo

arguably comparatively less gay considering the infamy screamo got by people constantly confusing it with melodic metalcore and deathcore

emo af

NOT EMO

:(
*kills you*
t-take it back...

This
Same

how are Sunny Day not emo retardus

Kys faggot

NOW WE'RE ALL THE TERMINAL CASES
BUT WE'RE SO DETERMINED TO STRIVE
AND THOSE WITH DEFEAT ON THEIR FACES
ARE THOSE THAT WE MUST KEEP ALIVE

their comeback record was wack and forgettable. Not even the fun kind of bad were you can poke fun at it, it was just nothing.

I already posted Alesana, apparently it's not emo enuff

Alesana is awesome

theyre on subpop records
theyre grunge

my man

That's actually the worst part, absolutely devalues the album for me

literally nothing ever will beat this unless adam re records it

...why

>tfw no one gives a fuck about their true masterpiece

>The Demo and Split both turn a decade old this year

this is definitely their best album, 10/10
i didnt post it because i thought someone would attempt to argue if SDRE were really emo at this point in their career
this is also a 10/10

What genre would you call How It Feels? It sounds like such an enigma to me. Maybe just the simple label of Art Rock would be the best way to go with it.

What's wrong with the woman on the right's right side?

This

looks like she had a partial mastectomy (they removed part of her boob because cancer)

I was mostly talking about her gut?

cellulite buildup after (multiple) pregnancies I'd guess. Lots of women get fat in that region after childbirth and never get rid of it, then it builds with future pregnancies. Or she's just fat idk

>81 posts
>none of them showing the best emo album of all time
Good god

#1 favorite album of all time personally

shit how the fuckballs did I forget that one nice save

I know it has a more traditional alternative rock style structure with progressive tendencies (but not enough to even comfortably call it progressive), but I would classify it as Alt/Art rock

the funny thing is some parts of this actually sound like math rock

No Knife are one of my favorite bands of all time in general. They released 4 albums before breaking up, all of them with good song after good song with little filler. This one is my favorite of the bunch

>Post-hardcore and pop-punk are not emo nor are they subgenres of emo
you're wrong pic related

TIL Hot Snakes are grunge

this is REAL eno

Noticed senpai

Has to be b8 m8.

>From Seattle
>Early to mid 90s
>Playing indie rock post-hardcore
>On Subpop records

it's true.....

SAY GOODNIGHT

Man i loved this as a teen, but it sounds so faggy and gutless listing to it now.

please kill yourself.