How did they fuck it up so badly?

How did they fuck it up so badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7k7rdYWD0w&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7ufR7utEo
starwars.wikia.com/d/p/2910646408426030734
youtube.com/watch?v=64-3talVkUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hold the fuck on, is that my boy Thrawn?

Disney

They didn't.

Next question.

is that maul
i hope it's not

Yeah, hes a recurring character through season 3.

They put in my nigga General Kalani, so it's fine by me.

But they did. I couldn't even get past season 1. I tried getting back into it after Rogue One, and could even get past an episode.

Maybe I've been spoiled by clone wars, but evetything about the show makes me angry

It is

It's good though, not as good as Clone Wars, but its good.

Maul has been back in the mix since Clone Wars.

It is

i hope he's well done at least, because it seems stupid on paper

Never watched the cartoon before. Why is Maul there? Isn't he dead?

So is this how canon works now? Pick and choose what you like from twenty years worth of other people's work?

The original Star Wars was stupid on paper, most of the actors were convinced they were making shit while they were shooting it.

more like choosing fan favorites and trashing all of the retarded EU shit.

>I couldn't even get past season 1

Did you forget how shitty season 1 of Clone Wars was?

of course, it's just that resurrection/clones are like the retard cousin of 'stupid on paper' unless it's handled cleverly

but i'll take that as a yes

Pic related. He only did the movie because at that point, his wife was dead and he literally gave up on life and was just taking roles so he could afford to eat.

After binging clone wars that fucking animation style looks so much worse.

So after they blinded the Jedi guy... What happens to him next? Can he still like fight and shit? Feels like a waste of a character.

How does rank in Star Wars work? Because Tarkin and Blue Tarkin have the same amount of colored squares but in different arrangements. Are they the same rank? Different ranks but same level?

He has an episode where he learns to see with the force better.
Now it's pretty much like he can see normally.
He deflects blaster shots and acts like he still has eyeballs.

He sees with the force like that chink from R1

This is the most retarded thing I saw today, and I worked in retail for 9 hours.

Thanks for sharing thought^^

>space wizards
>needing sight
They've only wasted one character so far.

Tarkin outranks him in the sense that he is a Grand Moff and his a very close relationship with Vader & Palpatine, being one of the few people in the Imperial hierarchy who knows that they are both sith and Darth Vader's true identity as he deduced it rather early on after Vader appeared. If you want more info read the Tarkin book, it's pretty good.

Thrawn is Grand Admiral which is just a super high ranking Admiral.
Tarkin is Grand Moff which is a made up Star Wars rank that means he's pretty much boss of everyone but Vader and Palpatine.

>pedosister did nothing wrong

No one but Vader is up there with Tarkin

Thrawn is probably as close to Vader and Tarkin as someone can be without being Vader or Tarkin

This triggers my /ss/ fetish.

>evil characters that feel as if they're getting slow but noticeable development
>they just all get wasted by Maul out of nowhere one episode

Why did they think sending one fucking guy after a former Sith Lord was a good idea anyway

The dialogue has somuch sass it makes han solo seem chill, the kid is so retarded in nearly every episode it actually hurts my head, I don't need to list every stupid thing he's done but for comparison, most people think Anakins switch to the sith was forced and retarded, but this kid actually openly trusts a satan looking guy who admits he uses the dark side and helps him activate a sith temple, oh and next season he starts killing enemies and friends through his enhanced dark side stupidity

He's a moron now who lets the Rebels run away at the end of every episode because I'LL GET THEM LATER

oh and another thing, this show is doomed to be mediocre because its set before the events of the trilogy and after clone wars, so not only is it being carried by the franchise it comes from, but it has nothing more it could possibly add without retconning the trilogy

As far as Legends/EU goes, Thrawn was a Vice Admiral around the time of Empire Strikes Back, and rises in esteem (and rank) for his part in avenging an attempted coup on the Emperor. Keep in mind, Vader routinely executes officers of this rank in the movies.

After the Emperor's death, he's one of several warlords who attempt to rally the Imperial military. He ends up being assassinated because the Emperor was a dick.

Kind of a big deal that he was a non-human in the Imperial leadership as well, pretty rare occurrence and unheard of at his level of command.

Sheev probably admired his intellect and knew the racism would always keep him in check from becoming a threat to the throne

i miss the look of clone wars, it was much better

>Clone Wars was canceled for this
The day Star Wars died for me.

It was mostly produced out of pocket by Lucas himself, after it started to gain popularity by season 3 they really started to dump funds into the production values.

Episodes are too short, only the two parters actually advance anything. Every story should take up 2-3 episodes.
Animation and art style is not great compared to Clone Wars.

Otherwise it's a perfectly find concept.

>racism
He was an alien you fucking dipshit

They didn't retard. Watch the entire show before complaining.

>this shit

good lord

At least they showed how shitty of an idea it was though.

Thier light sabers get damaged and they fall to their deaths when they try to helicopter away, and then later another guy has a jedi just shove his own lightsaber through the round spinny piece in the middle and slice the fucking thing in half.

>How did they fuck it up so badly?
>TV-Y7

and they say EU was bad.

>made for children (non-starter)
>making the main character an obnoxious big-nosed jew literally named 'ezra'
>lame goatee and pony-tail-wearing jedi
>more stupid lightsaber designs
>more stupid not-actually-a-jedi/sith characters who use lightsabers (force unleashed's starkiller all over again)
>lightsaber helicopters (how did this get past quality control?)
>bringing prequel garbage back
>bringing fucking maul back (please fucking stop)
>shitty art style and animation
>more shitty additions to the lore
pure trash. unwatchable

They need to just let Maul die already. He's not an interesting villain, and I roll my eyes whenever he's on screen, felt the same way during the Clone Wars.

wait. when since does Sup Forums care?
youtube.com/watch?v=_7k7rdYWD0w&feature=youtu.be

It's dumb as shit in the show too. I generally like the show, but the Darth Maul shit is such fan servicey bullshit. Even the teenage Boba Fett stuff was done more tastefully.

Is the clone wars series really good? I think I watched a little when I was younger but I don't remember it. I saw a few gifs of clones fighting grievous on here and it looked pretty cool. I need something new to binge watch

shit's cash dude. started it a few days ago

This show could have the greatest writing, characters, music, and plot and I still wouldn't watch it because of the horrendous, cheap looking art style. It infuriates me just looking at it.

Well there's your problem. Watch the rest of it

Same rank, different division. Thrawn is in the navy, Tarkin is a politician.

Grand inquisitor was cute and he should have lived

That was the Genndy cartoon which is fucking badass

>read your post
>laugh my ass off
Thanks for the absolutely zero arguments. KEK.

It gets better than the Genndy version. Genndy's show was overrated. The only thing it had going for it waa action scenes, but even those got retarded sometimes. The acting was horrible and the stories weren't all that interesting. New Clone Wars has a alot of stupid shit too, but when it's good, holy shit it's good.

k. enjoy the adventures of ezra rosenblatt and the 1st rotary lightsaber squadron

Disney

Ahsoka vs Vader was pretty fucking kino

youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7ufR7utEo

>that voice acting
>that dialogue
>white lightsabers
It's as if it was a fucking fanmade cartoon kek

What fan film was ever able to get James Earl Jones?

>James Earl Jones
no way that's him

And jason isaacs and freddie prinze junior and buffy the vampire slayer

It is. He sounds different because he's old, but it's him

is that suppose to be Anakin? Did they not have access to the clone wars models?

The animation was stiff as fuck in season 1, but now it's pretty good.

same. Shit was actually good and they cancelled it right when the show was hitting its high point.

for fucking rebels

I know it's a cartoon and all but do they have to move their faces in such over the top and unnatural ways. Look at he eyebrows at 1:30. Things are wriggling around worse than that Game of Thrones bitch.

I will :^)

I hope you enjoy sulking in the corner as well :D

how does he have eyebrows? Shouldnt they not be able to grow back

Rogue One.

>like rebels
>finally watch Clone Wars because everyone says it's good
>the droids all act like retards with kiddie voices and slapstick humor

What the fuck

why would i or any other star wars fan enjoy seeing my favourite franchise tainted and disrespected by this awful trash?

look at this garbage it's embarrassing

Disney is going to release their own special edition bluray of the originals undoing most of the changes George did to the original series including reapplying shaw's eyebrows.

I'm sure he had them in RotJ

Just make it to third season. Then you're golden.

People talk about Rey being a mary-sue, but Ahsoka surviving Vader it's the same shit. Dave Filone copped out.

starwars.wikia.com/d/p/2910646408426030734
why can't Sup Forums be like this when discussing star wars?

So they took the greatest villain star wars ever had and turned him into a saturday morning cartoon villain?

Its not trash. You're not a real star wars fan. You're a grumpy man child that wants the 80s back.

>he doesn't know

They did that shit in the prequel movies too.

2D clone wars is fucking amazing, and the 3D clone wars series gets good around season 2/3.

The 2D cartoon is where Grevious first appeared, and was an actual threat before he got neutered in the movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=64-3talVkUA

but he was burned extremely badly with lava. I know in real life hed just be fucking dead but at least wouldnt he lose the ability to grow any hair? He was still bald.

uh, yes? you are aware that star wars is from the '80s, right?

Maybe he used the force to grow them back

Then you are lost. Star wars is about the setting. Nothing else.

>kino

Nigger that looks like hot garbage.

Don't flatter that shit.
Clone Wars was shit too.

The first few seasons yes. But the later ones were avatar:last airbender tier kino

>Only white people can be racist
>Only men can be sexist
>Only rich can be classist

When will this meme die?

Nigga season 5 and 6 had some genuinely complex and interesting themes and plots. You may not have enjoyed it but a lot of people did.